Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Option to disable badge

9 comments in this topic

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

NA server say they would like to hear feedback on the badges...in other words there may be an option to turn them off in about 12 months if they get around to it!

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/148308-can-i-shut-off-badges/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-3543672

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
On 1/18/2018 at 11:27 AM, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

It's simple, I dislike this thing, and I want an option to hide it from my client.

Don't aim for the patches; instead, work your way to getting the EMBLEMS.

Emblems have greater meaning because it's a challenge to attain them.

Imagine this: you killed an enemy ship and your Insignia is Nihon Kaigun Seiei Butai - an emblem that can only be unlocked if you have won 100 battles wherein you are among the top 3 exp earners of the team using Japanese tier 8-10 ships.

So once they die, that insignia gets shoved in their face, meaning the guy who killed them was someone who carried 100 battles w Japanese high tiers; they immediately realize who they were up against :3

Don't get me wrong, you are still very welcome to suggest having the option of hiding them from plain sight; I am merely pointing out the merits of having it.

shot-18.01.24_11.26.08-0883.jpg

Edited by seiji09

97 posts
13,789 battles
On 1/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

It's simple, I dislike this thing, and I want an option to hide it from my client.

Aslain's mod pack has a mod to disable them. I use it and it works without issues.

[AUHAX]
[AUHAX]
5 posts
10,480 battles

I don't mind them displaying when you get deleted as such, but for the love of pizza can you put it somewhere other than the centre of the screen??? It's nothing more than annoying.

Alternately, go with the ability to turn them off (without needing mods).

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
On 1/24/2018 at 2:00 PM, seiji09 said:

Don't aim for the patches; instead, work your way to getting the EMBLEMS.

Emblems have greater meaning because it's a challenge to attain them.

Imagine this: you killed an enemy ship and your Insignia is Nihon Kaigun Seiei Butai - an emblem that can only be unlocked if you have won 100 battles wherein you are among the top 3 exp earners of the team using Japanese tier 8-10 ships.

So once they die, that insignia gets shoved in their face, meaning the guy who killed them was someone who carried 100 battles w Japanese high tiers; they immediately realize who they were up against :3

Don't get me wrong, you are still very welcome to suggest having the option of hiding them from plain sight; I am merely pointing out the merits of having it.

shot-18.01.24_11.26.08-0883.jpg

Interesting concept.

I would try this in reverse.

Use the lowest grade emblem, so when they die they see the newbie patch come up and they think,  'Oh no, I was rekt by a substandard player, I must be rotten at this.'

After all,  players expect to be smashed by unicums. But if your travelling incognito the psychological damage to the enemy will be greater.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

get smashed by tier 10 CV player and smacked by the highest badge for CV

"welp, no wonder why this team losing"

Sign in to follow this