You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NZXRedBaron1985

Captains without ships

11 comments in this topic

18 posts
188 battles

Over this past week, I came back to the game after having been away for nearly a year (new computer); and when I opened up my port, I had a surprise waiting for me: the Giulio Cesare, which was nice (on a side note, it's my highest tier ship).

But I also had some high-point Japanese Captains, trained for the ARP ships that had not been there before, which leaves me somewhat baffled; are they meant to be in my port, and if they are meant to be there, then where is the ships for them?

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

At bottom right of screen

Click gears icon to open additional content selection

Tick checkbox to see arp ships

br.png

Edited by keskparane

18 posts
188 battles

I just tried that; the only ARP content I have is a 10-point captain (mental model) for the ARP version of Kirishima, and a 10-point Iona.

When I tried the gears thing, the only ARP option it had was to enable or disable the unique camouflages and effects of the ARP ships.

Edited by NZXRedBaron1985
Clarification

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
21 minutes ago, NZXRedBaron1985 said:

Oh man, I hope it isn't because I did have the ARP Kirishima at some point, but then sold it....

You can't sell it.

18 posts
188 battles

Well then, I really can't explain why I have Kirishima and Iona's mental models, but not their ships; that is, unless Iona is more of a 'can be put anywhere' Captain.

Is there any way I can find out just why I have them? I mean, it should stand to reason that, if I have these two, I should have their ships as well, right?

Edited by NZXRedBaron1985

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Should do so long as the selections are enabled as per the pic I posted. I use mine as regular IJN captains. You used to have to delete the sound mods files to remove the arp voices from them but (to their credit) wg have since fixed that.

Also note that you can use the arp ships as premiums to train captains. So assign the captain to a new ship, put them into an arp ship where they won't get penalty while training, then put them back into new ship once trained.