You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moldavia

Missouri Marathon

18 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

OK, it's one more patch and the Misery disappears;

• I've finished the DoY and New Year campaigns,
  • I've got 525k fxp,
  • I've got 20 Ouroboros(777% fxp) flags (with 10 more expected soon from PT testing),
  • I've got plenty of other high fxp modifier flags and camo,
  • I've got 2.5k doubloons from various crates,
  • The weekend of the 26th is 100% fxp bonus to all battles
  • I've even got a FdG with about 30k more exp to grind followed by 40k more to upgrade the guns on the GK - so I've got some useful tasks to do with high tier ships while using those flags/camo
  • If I get to even 600k fxp, it would cost me less than $20AU to buy enough doubloons to convert the remaining fxp

I'm going to hit it as soon as I can find some sunglasses :Smile_izmena:

Anyone else on a Missouri Marathon ?

Edited by Moldavia

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

Yep, stack those flags and camos! If you are low on flags, consider playing PVE. Unless you get stuck with a complete potato team they are pretty much a guaranteed win, and from what I can tell the rewards aren't that far off PVP. 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Got to have a server to do that......maintenance has been going for more then 2hrs now......may never come back :Smile_ohmy:

1,068 posts
3,845 battles
23 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

OK, it's one more patch and the Misery disappears;

• I've finished the DoY and New Year campaigns,
  • I've got 525k fxp,
  • I've got 20 Ouroboros(777% fxp) flags (with 10 more expected soon from PT testing),
  • I've got plenty of other high fxp modifier flags and camo,
  • I've got 2.5k doubloons from various crates,
  • The weekend of the 26th is 100% fxp bonus to all battles
  • I've even got a FdG with about 30k more exp to grind followed by 40k more to upgrade the guns on the GK - so I've got some useful tasks to do with high tier ships while using those flags/camo
  • If I get to even 600k fxp, it would cost me less than $20AU to buy enough doubloons to convert the remaining fxp

I'm going to hit it as soon as I can find some sunglasses :Smile_izmena:

Anyone else on a Missouri Marathon ?

Ya forgot Princess Leia chasing you with a rocket launcher! :D

354 posts
9,048 battles
32 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Musashi marathon after that? 

Don't know about that - I far as I can see, the main attraction of the Misery is its credit earning potential. If you wanted to be more competitive against other ships, the Montana would be a better option as T9 ships end up playing in T10 battles most of the time anyway - so only 1 of Misery/Musashi would be necessary (assuming they both print creds at the same rate). If you're a ship collector, obviously you'd want both.

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles
30 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Ya forgot Princess Leia chasing you with a rocket launcher! :D

what is Millennium Falcon ? :fish_viking:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles
30 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Don't know about that - I far as I can see, the main attraction of the Misery is its credit earning potential. If you wanted to be more competitive against other ships, the Montana would be a better option as T9 ships end up playing in T10 battles most of the time anyway - so only 1 of Misery/Musashi would be necessary (assuming they both print creds at the same rate). If you're a ship collector, obviously you'd want both.

From what has been said by contributors only Misery prints credits, Musashi is the same as any other premium

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

hey guys....long time no visit here. just saw on some youtube contributors video that mighty mo will be removed from tech tree soon.

seeing how i farmed free xp a while ago before i retired from wows, and having now 800k free xp, is it about time i get me a mo?

fyi, i already have a yammy.

Edited by _Spawny_

Beta Tester
906 posts
2 hours ago, Moldavia said:

I got the misery its awesome. Had it for a year or more now. As to the ma-sushi ill wait for the reviews. Sitting on 1.7mil fxp. No rush to get it anyway. 

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
2 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

I got the misery its awesome. Had it for a year or more now. As to the ma-sushi ill wait for the reviews. Sitting on 1.7mil fxp. No rush to get it anyway. 

There you go , by LWM :
http://shipcomrade.com/news/377/and-you-all-said-she-was-pointless.html

354 posts
9,048 battles
16 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

This article seems to confirm that the Mo is still going to be the #1 credit earner, which reinforces my plan to go for it rather than Musashi.

While it makes the point that Musashi will be highly competitive in T9 battles, MM will probably ensure that the (vast) majority of its battles will be against t10s - in which case the Yamato would seem to be the better option and, with 750k fxp in the kitty, would surely be more easily acheivable (skip Izumo for 250k) unless you have no investment in IJN bbs at all (which would be a shame, as there are some good and interesting ones).

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
1 minute ago, Moldavia said:

This article seems to confirm that the Mo is still going to be the #1 credit earner, which reinforces my plan to go for it rather than Musashi.

While it makes the point that Musashi will be highly competitive in T9 battles, MM will probably ensure that the (vast) majority of its battles will be against t10s - in which case the Yamato would seem to be the better option and, with 750k fxp in the kitty, would surely be more easily acheivable (skip Izumo for 250k) unless you have no investment in IJN bbs at all (which would be a shame, as there are some good and interesting ones).

Bottom line is both are CAPABLE of printing silver , which ship is more fun to play will help you more. Grinding silvers isnt enjoyable if you dont pick a ship that you have fun with. It will kill the joy of playing video games. Thats my 2 cents on it.

It is or isnt enjoyable to YOU is the most important factor , not its flaws or strengths

354 posts
9,048 battles
13 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Bottom line is both are CAPABLE of printing silver , which ship is more fun to play will help you more. Grinding silvers isnt enjoyable if you dont pick a ship that you have fun with. It will kill the joy of playing video games. Thats my 2 cents on it.

It is or isnt enjoyable to YOU is the most important factor , not its flaws or strengths

Ahh, but fun to play is usually enhanced by winning, the chances of which would (mostly) be better with Montana or Yamato. Many t9s seem to be transitional, in the sense that their t10 counterparts are significantly better - so why play the t9 if you're going to be up against t10s most of the time anyway. I think that this may partly account for the poor MM at t8 - the t9 pool is smaller so t8s get dragged in more often (but I'm no expert).

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, _Spawny_ said:

hey guys....long time no visit here. just saw on some youtube contributors video that mighty mo will be removed from tech tree soon.

seeing how i farmed free xp a while ago before i retired from wows, and having now 800k free xp, is it about time i get me a mo?

fyi, i already have a yammy.

If you already Have Yamato, Musashi follows exactly same path, only bonus is sometimes you get to beat up tier 7s.

However Missouri inctroduce a different kind of gameplay, very aggressive one. Musashi is surely overpowered for tier, unless CVs picks on you.

Besides, for collection purposes, I'd get Missouri fast while she lasts (who knows when she will be brought back again replacing Musashi) and then farm for Musashi (which you surely have 2 more years probably).

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

Its tough getting the Misery, but once you have it you unlock a world of opportunity in missions that require credit/XP targets.    I churned out the Bismark mission in a ridiculously short time.

496 posts
4,163 battles

hmmm i think you'll be fine i meant aslong as you are willing to feed some cash to wargaming....

i have a friend atm who have accumulated  about 170k exp but... 42k actual free exp so he need to farm 530k EXP and copnvert about 700k exp to FREE exp just for missouri..... which is about 150 dollars in singapore..... so rip him