Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EVILSTORM1

Has anyone Recieved their Dubloon reward for completing Mission after Purchasing the Duke?

11 comments in this topic

19 posts
8,870 battles

As I mentioned in a previous post, I purchased the Duke early to help me complete the missions, and also because I collect ships. BUT I saw that purchasing the Duke and owning it before mission completion also meant that when I finished the missions, I would be compensated 9800 Dubloons instead of a SECOND Duke when mission rewards were awarded. Well 4 days later and no dubloons yet. I was going to wait till tomoros update, but why not award with my "special" 3 point captain and extra port slot? Your thoughts guys?

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
1 minute ago, EVILSTORM1 said:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I purchased the Duke early to help me complete the missions, and also because I collect ships. BUT I saw that purchasing the Duke and owning it before mission completion also meant that when I finished the missions, I would be compensated 9800 Dubloons instead of a SECOND Duke when mission rewards were awarded. Well 4 days later and no dubloons yet. I was going to wait till tomoros update, but why not award with my "special" 3 point captain and extra port slot? Your thoughts guys?

For reward ships, you get equivalent credits back, not doubloons.

19 posts
8,870 battles

Did you read the NUMEROUS messages on the WOWs website? They said if you own the DOY you will be credited with 9800 dubloons on completion of the mission. IT IS THE REASON I BOUGHT THE HEAP OF CRAP.

19 posts
8,870 battles

Wargaming has changed the wording. Now it says something about a credits reward if you own the Duke. That is Dececption. I would not have bought it, or busted my ring hole on these crap missions for a credit reward. I bought the Duke to help me finish the missions FOR A REWARD OF 9800 Dubloons in lieu of a second Duke. WHAT sort of idiot is going to buy a Duke AFTER the event to get 9800 dubloons. I call BULL sh it on wargaming. I checked before I bought. NO mention of "credits".

19 posts
8,870 battles

Its easy, I get my Dubloons or wargaming loses a well payed supporter. Hasten the end of the game. Watch my win rate plummet.

Edited by EVILSTORM1
wanted to.

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
52 minutes ago, EVILSTORM1 said:

Did you read the NUMEROUS messages on the WOWs website? They said if you own the DOY you will be credited with 9800 dubloons on completion of the mission. IT IS THE REASON I BOUGHT THE HEAP OF CRAP.

I'm sorry about your situation, but we know this for a long time, reward ships are always compensated with credits. And no, we NEVER read official site. That's just misleading in most cases apart from patch notes.

At best I can tell you is, you contact the support and see if you can get a compensation, but I doubt that. Besides, only a Fool will buy that HEAP OF CRAP to finish the missions that literally gives the HEAP OF CRAP as reward. Wait, that's you. 

12 posts
3,714 battles
49 minutes ago, EVILSTORM1 said:

Its easy, I get my Dubloons or wargaming loses a well payed supporter. Hasten the end of the game. Watch my win rate plummet.

Ohhhh WG is threatened alright :)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 hour ago, EVILSTORM1 said:

well, for one, i've met you in game about twice in the past week and i really dont think your win rate needs any help plummeting, that and the fact i see a player whom has continuously insulted the team in chat both times that i've met him in just this week to be a good thing

as for the purchaseing thing, proof to WG that when you bought the ship the notice was still wrong and they'll refund it, it happened before 

Beta Tester
908 posts
5 hours ago, EVILSTORM1 said:

LOL WG doesnt care.

Better watch the reviews on the ships before opening your wallet.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

There was never any promise of doubloons upon completing the campaign. Perhaps read a little closely?

Here, the exact text, from https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/campaign-upcoming-ny2018/ shown below:

If a player is already a proud owner of the Duke of York, they will receive 14,700,000 Credits upon completing these Missions.

If a player happens to purchase a Duke of York after receiving one by completing the "Battle of the North Cape" Campaign, they will be instead compensated with 9,800 Doubloons.

Before you blame and accuse that "oh, they must have edited the page", no, they didn't. The wording for the paragraph has been the same from the very beginning.

Edited by benlisquare

Sign in to follow this