Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Chat Filter Question

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
153 posts
3,490 battles

ok just curious i have been chat banned because of words i said to somebody that were covered up by the chat filter now yes i shouldn't have lost my temper but anyway what is the point of putting a chat filter into the game that covers words if you can just be banned for them 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, unknownaussie said:

ok just curious i have been chat banned because of words i said to somebody that were covered up by the chat filter now yes i shouldn't have lost my temper but anyway what is the point of putting a chat filter into the game that covers words if you can just be banned for them 

banned by excesive reports more likely, or there was a mod/gm in that match

Beta Tester
153 posts
3,490 battles

well wargaming support said i was reported by a player in the match and i have gone into a battle with a friend who said the exact words i did and they were covered by the filter so how does that work 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, unknownaussie said:

well wargaming support said i was reported by a player in the match and i have gone into a battle with a friend who said the exact words i did and they were covered by the filter so how does that work 

oh, if someone actually bothered to send a rep and report you, WG would be able to see what you said without the filter... so yeah, tough luck

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 hour ago, unknownaussie said:

well time to plead to the mercy of wargaming ahha its still kinda pointless having a chat filter but being able to be banned my filtered words

inb4 getting banned for saying "bear"

yes that's a sencored word

well ****(bear) with me plz

banned

Edited by drakon233

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

There is another thing, you may have been chat banned for what wasn't censored...

Yeah we all lose our cool sometimes but the lesson here is don't go off at people.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles
40 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

There is another thing, you may have been chat banned for what wasn't censored...

Yeah we all lose our cool sometimes but the lesson here is don't go off at people.

If I'm not mistaken, OP is wellknown for losing his cool every now and then... :P

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

30 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

If I'm not mistaken, OP is wellknown for losing his cool every now and then... :P

If I do, I just rant to the clan on discord, lol...

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

If they gonna ban people for stuff that is censored by the chat filter,they could at least make it so the damn thing actually work properly.

Having random words including ship names censored makes the whole chat banning a total joke.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
1 minute ago, Torchwood5 said:

*Looks at A****aka*

Yep,can't have the kiddies seeing the name of the ship in chat...it contains a swear word!

Ya know,never mind it being plastered everywhere BUT chat!

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

I find chat filters odd. I mean I respect keeping everyone happy and things civil but it's like anyone with half a brain knows what's behind the *****...

Although I spose the kid factor. Still in this day and age.

*Shrugs* I swear a lot, just on comms instead, lol.

Sign in to follow this