You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
INSDESTROYER

How does the Option "Enable Download of Upcoming Updates" work ?

7 comments in this topic

36 posts
6,905 battles

in the launcher - settings - Updates - there is an option - "enable download of upcoming updates" - how does this work ?

i have turned this on. 

But nothing seems to be happening - for last 24 hours. Folder has been created in WOW folder but it is empty - nothing is downloaded over there yet - so how does this work ?

how this works.jpg

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

@INSDESTROYER once you have checked this, from next startup of your windows, you will see that Wargaming update manager icon will appear in your taskbar tray (the tray popup near volume, lan connection etc). It will keep track of upcoming updates, and will automatically update your enlisted games (for example, in case you have separate clients for asia, eu, na etc.) Will automatically pause if you start any of the launcher that is not updating.

Also, this may have some delay, not an instant updater.

36 posts
6,905 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@INSDESTROYER once you have checked this, from next startup of your windows, you will see that Wargaming update manager icon will appear in your taskbar tray (the tray popup near volume, lan connection etc). It will keep track of upcoming updates, and will automatically update your enlisted games (for example, in case you have separate clients for asia, eu, na etc.) Will automatically pause if you start any of the launcher that is not updating.

Also, this may have some delay, not an instant updater.

I only have World of Warships on my PC. i don not have Wargaming.net "Game Center" on my PC (https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/808

If this one is needed it might not work i guess 

Will wait as you say 

Thanks for reply 

36 posts
6,905 battles
9 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

It would automatically download update on background after maintenance without your input.

it is suppose to automatically update in background - but before maintenance as soon as they become available - because as far as i understand the update will be forced (automatic) after maintenance (18th Jan is scheduled date for next update 0.7. So when we launch the game after 18th it will say updating game client automatically as download begins) 

As it says "Enables to download upcoming updates in advance and install them after release" 

That is what i did not understand - just have to wait as the other guy - Super Tester Icy_Phoenix says - may be the settings will kick in after next update 

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, INSDESTROYER said:

I only have World of Warships on my PC. i don not have Wargaming.net "Game Center" on my PC (https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/808

If this one is needed it might not work i guess 

Will wait as you say 

Thanks for reply 

It's not the Game center, it's the "WarGaming Game Upater". I also use all vanilla clients. Check the picture below, this is what I was talking about. And as you can see, it has started the NA client update few minutes ago, as it should have. You don't have to install anything, just putting in the check mark as you have shown enables it. And obviously, your PC needs to be running. Remember though, this is torrent protocol and might choke your internet for other applications like steam etc. :P

As it says "Enables to download upcoming updates in advance and install them after release" 

Yes, I think they screwed up the translation there. They do not update in "advance". They start the update as updates have been released. It's just that you don't have to manually start the launcher to start downloading. A popup will come out and ask your permission whether it should start the download or not. You can choose to postpone or download before the timer runs out. At that point it just starts the client and updates will begin downloading.

SEA will have updates tomorrow.

wg_update.thumb.png.924a82ce19cdf5c05613f597208158fa.png

Edited by icy_phoenix

36 posts
6,905 battles

OK, so that's how it works... 

Well i did not wait for this to happen - just launched and game updated itself as it always does

Will check the system tray/ icons next time - so i guess as a whole it does not really make a big difference if one is playing regularly. If someone is playing in the weekend it is good for him/her that game updates itself when available. 

Thank You !