You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Not sure why they want this ?

17 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles

I was suprised to see this , ASIA has few premiums in game tech tree , why would they reduce the ones that are available to barebone ?

Did anyone read the patch :

With the next Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Loyang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica

273 posts
23,630 battles

My thoughts also. 

What harm does having more options in the premium tech tree cause ? 

I cannot even see the financial sense in removing them, since their presence ingame can only expedite sales.

295 posts
6,604 battles

maybe because players can get free doublons from ingame, like event or rank etc, and if people buy a premium ships using that doublons they can't get full profits or nothing at all, and it's bad for business

273 posts
23,630 battles
5 minutes ago, Teostra said:

maybe because players can get free doublons from ingame, like event or rank etc, and if people buy a premium ships using that doublons they can't get full profits or nothing at all, and it's bad for business

if you grind to rank 1, you barely get enough doubloons to buy a tier 3 premium cruiser like aurora. 

Pretty sure - thats - not the reason. 

Events don't give out any significant quantity of doubloons (we're talking minuscule amounts like 100 doubloons). At best they give premium time. 

295 posts
6,604 battles
2 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

if you grind to rank 1, you barely get enough doubloons to buy a tier 3 premium cruiser like aurora. 

Pretty sure - thats - not the reason. 

Events don't give out any significant quantity of doubloons (we're talking minuscule amounts like 100 doubloons). At best they give premium time. 

isn't rewad for rank 1 is 2.5k doubloons?
you can also get doubloons from super container a lot of people inculding my friend get about 2k i think, and if only 10 people saving 2k doubloons on a premium ships then WG lost 20k doubloons = about $800 - $900 or so

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
25 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

My thoughts also. 

What harm does having more options in the premium tech tree cause ? 

I cannot even see the financial sense in removing them, since their presence ingame can only expedite sales.

It's there to create the demand supply cycle I think.

Alpha Tester
392 posts
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

I was suprised to see this , ASIA has few premiums in game tech tree , why would they reduce the ones that are available to barebone ?

Did anyone read the patch :

With the next Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:

Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Loyang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica

So Dunkerque is getting removed then? Well that's disappointing. Can't afford her right now so I was hoping to wait until the next Black Friday sale when T6 premiums are discounted by 40% (usually 30%). But if they don't want my money.

1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

It's there to create the demand supply cycle I think.

Tirpitz and Atago have been in the tech tree for ages now, yet they were never removed. Just saying.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

It seems to be on all servers.  There is a Reddit thread about the removal of the ships from the EU server.    The other servers will be harder hit as they had a larger variety of tech tree ships.

WG will see a rush of doubloon purchases before the removal then make a healthy profit because people will pay real cash for the ships as the trickle them out to them to increase demand.

WG wins again.

273 posts
23,630 battles
10 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

It seems to be on all servers.  There is a Reddit thread about the removal of the ships from the EU server.    The other servers will be harder hit as they had a larger variety of tech tree ships.

WG will see a rush of doubloon purchases before the removal then make a healthy profit because people will pay real cash for the ships as the trickle them out to them to increase demand.

WG wins again.

To this I'd add, the premium ships removed from the tech tree will later be sold in the Premium Shop at "discounted prices" which amount to more than their previous ingame doubloon cost.

1,490 posts

I never liked all the ships available at once anyway, it made looking in the shop crappy...  I liked the mystery of wondering what would be available in the shop each week. 

Ordrazz

163 posts
7,901 battles

I'm going to garner it's to force anyone with a stock of dubloons especially from santa crates to make a decision and sink some.  Get some dubloons removed from the economy, as they are more a liability from WG's perspective, same goes for any other direct cash conversation virtual currency.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

WG wins again.

WG be like:

Alpha Tester
392 posts
10 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Those two are way too popular to take off the shelves.

The recently added premiums have been in the tech tree for only a month, so how will we know they won't sell as much as Tirpitz/Atago if WG removes them so soon?

6 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I never liked all the ships available at once anyway, it made looking in the shop crappy...  I liked the mystery of wondering what would be available in the shop each week. 

A game called "World of Warships" and they want to keep some warships inaccessible? :Smile_amazed:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
3 hours ago, Nikolaevna said:

A game called "World of Warships" and they want to keep some warships inaccessible? :Smile_amazed:

rather than called in inaccessible,

they just hide it to build up hype for the ship by giving limited time offers and packages

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
16 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

rather than called in inaccessible,

they just hide it to build up hype for the ship by giving limited time offers and packages

it's a more then valid buisness stratagy, withhold things from the shop creates artificial scarcity of supply, which in turn increases demand for each of these ships

or in laymen's terms

vodka powered hype generator V2k18

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
18 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

it's a more then valid buisness stratagy, withhold things from the shop creates artificial scarcity of supply, which in turn increases demand for each of these ships

or in laymen's terms

vodka powered hype generator V2k18

forgot to add

with some exception of Overly powerful ships such as Imperator Nikolai