Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Gump

Giving up on Ranked...

26 comments in this topic

66 posts
9,624 battles

So in the last season of ranked that I followed through to the end (season six), I ranked out in 193 battles with a 57% win rate and 1632 average XP....

So far this season.. 325 battles, 50% win rate and 1595 XP...

I give up, you win WG, you won't have to give me my Flint... The absolute retardedness of so many players and such bad MM and RNG has finally gotten to me... GG

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Gump said:

So in the last season of ranked that I followed through to the end (season six), I ranked out in 193 battles with a 57% win rate and 1632 average XP....

So far this season.. 325 battles, 50% win rate and 1595 XP...

I give up, you win WG, you won't have to give me my Flint... The absolute retardedness of so many players and such bad MM and RNG has finally gotten to me... GG

not to mention how much star saveing there is this season, if these idiot teams sees their DD die they literally just camp in the back and gives 0 shits about winning, why team play when you can just farm and assure your own star?

66 posts
9,624 battles

Yup.. even had a team mate yesterday start shooting me when we were the only ones left in a loosing battle... he was pink already. I had 3 kills and 100k+ damage in my Lo Yang... he finished above me by 25 xp...

The games I've been getting are just terrible... Enemy team with 2 Lo Yangs and 2 Chappy's... me in my Lo Yang with a Ogni to back me up and 2 ARP Atago's... which cant have camo and are flying no flags...

Getting citadeled by an Amagi 19km away... he was sailing away from me... while I was bow on the him and angled... Then having a Edinburgh broardside to broardside to me in my NC just 3km away.. and having every shell miss, then getting torpped to death by him...

Having 10, 2000+xp battles in a row... which added up to gaining just one star... I'm stuck between ranks 8-7 and just can't get out, even when I kill 5 enemy ships solo we still loose..

I want to swear so much

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
6 minutes ago, The_Gump said:

Yup.. even had a team mate yesterday start shooting me when we were the only ones left in a loosing battle... he was pink already. I had 3 kills and 100k+ damage in my Lo Yang... he finished above me by 25 xp...

The games I've been getting are just terrible... Enemy team with 2 Lo Yangs and 2 Chappy's... me in my Lo Yang with a Ogni to back me up and 2 ARP Atago's... which cant have camo and are flying no flags...

Getting citadeled by an Amagi 19km away... he was sailing away from me... while I was bow on the him and angled... Then having a Edinburgh broardside to broardside to me in my NC just 3km away.. and having every shell miss, then getting torpped to death by him...

Having 10, 2000+xp battles in a row... which added up to gaining just one star... I'm stuck between ranks 8-7 and just can't get out, even when I kill 5 enemy ships solo we still loose..

I want to swear so much

i burnt out at R6, not worth the hassle and i had DOY missions to distract me thankfully, so im not raveing and foaming at the mouth quite yet this season

455 posts
8,038 battles

I wouldn't blame MM or rng for problems in ranked. The best players managed to rank out with barely 100 games. They just know how to carry bad teams or at least have the most impact in an impossible to win game. I myself got to rank 7 from 16 with 70-80% winrate. Took me another 30 or so games from that point to reach r5. But after that I faced the truly good players, bar the occasional bad player who got to r5 after 400 games. Playing against those players meant I had to rely more on my team than my own skills, making me stagnate at r5 for 20-30 games. So I finally accepted that this is as far as my current skill can carry me- theres been a definite improvement in my abilities since the last season and I'm content with that.

No point being in denial about our own skills.
No point blaming mm and rng or bad teammates.

Sure I could continue spamming ranked and I would get to r1 in a 100 games since I'm managing to get  more than 50% wr in the premier league. Or I might get lucky and get carried without contributing much. But I wouldn't have deserved that.
And If you're stuck at r7 for 300 games, you should probably give up instead of blaming other factors.

Beta Tester
908 posts
7 hours ago, The_Gump said:

I want to swear so much

Thats what i pointed out last week in a post. You should report and send in the replays. 

There are some ********* players out there. 

Beta Tester
908 posts

Lets just say im on 285*battles and making slow steady progress. 

This season has been rough, when i rank out ill put up a post on my thoughts. 

I cruised to rank 6 in under 100 battles. After that it took around 80 battles to punch through. A lot of the grind were due to AFKers and poor play from newbie rank 10s throwing games. 

After hitting rank 5, I dropped back down to 6.3.  5 times. Staying at ranked 5 took another 50-60 games. Again due to AFKers poor players. To top it off team killing losers that want top loser spot. 

Anyway I have played many ships and certain ships will do better overall to the steady rank climbing. 

In top tier games, there is no room for error. Everyship counts and every point counts. I have been stuck at rank4 for a week but punched through. Some of the plays I have made mistakes and corrected my play. However many games where we had the clear advantage 2 caps. The team feel they need to push and get blown up. When the simple thing to do is sit back and defend. I feel some people dont deserve these ranks if they dont understand the fundamental points concept of caps. Its frustrating to play with such useless players. All it takes is 1 ship and the game tide turns. 

218 posts
11,604 battles

i guess its time to remove the top loser spot eh? that TK for the top loser spot never happened on the first season it was introduced. i guess people just got creative.

348 posts
7,089 battles
14 hours ago, The_Gump said:

I want to swear so much

I'll definitely agree on RNG with NC. I've spoken to a few players who all agree it feels like the NC has had an RNG nerf when playing it in ranked. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 10 paces let alone a moving ship at 10km!

Also found that the amount of premium ships per team has a huge impact on battles which is why I don't agree with premium ships being aloud in ranked battles.

1,493 posts
43 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I'll definitely agree on RNG with NC. I've spoken to a few players who all agree it feels like the NC has had an RNG nerf when playing it in ranked. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 10 paces let alone a moving ship at 10km!

Also found that the amount of premium ships per team has a huge impact on battles which is why I don't agree with premium ships being aloud in ranked battles.

I'm glad someone has discovered this independently,

:cap_haloween:

this is why I don't play it....  its shit

Ordrazz

273 posts
23,647 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Slow shells, theres an element of ships turned up or turning down to avoid the NC salvos, gotta predict the targets turn. NC is hella accurate tho.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
6 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

Slow shells, theres an element of ships turned up or turning down to avoid the NC salvos, gotta predict the targets turn. NC is hella accurate tho.

NC and amagi are both anti BB BBs, while the amagi is more suited for defending, kiting and flanking , the NC is the champ of defending and leading a slow push, these 2 are hands down the best BB in rank

348 posts
7,089 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

NC and amagi are both anti BB BBs, while the amagi is more suited for defending, kiting and flanking , the NC is the champ of defending and leading a slow push, these 2 are hands down the best BB in rank

While I don't disagree with you at all, Stats a couple of weeks ago suggested in ranked the NC was 4th best BB. From memory Amagi, Alabama and Bismark were above her. This may have changed ofc but it was those stats and my limited ranked experience in NC that made me feel as though she was under-performing to what I was used to with that ship.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

While I don't disagree with you at all, Stats a couple of weeks ago suggested in ranked the NC was 4th best BB. From memory Amagi, Alabama and Bismark were above her. This may have changed ofc but it was those stats and my limited ranked experience in NC that made me feel as though she was under-performing to what I was used to with that ship.

wait till you try anf use a alabama then lol, if not for the extra benifits that a prem ship brings, i'd have gone with NC the whole way and saved myself a shiiton of RNG induced rage NC is one of the best BBs for whacking BBs, CAs and DDs, her SHS might be slow, but they pack a punch that nothing else at the tier can match, and when faceing CAs and DDs, their slow impact speed garentees less overpenn and the impact angle is also wonderful for citadeling CAs

i would talk about the dispersion but you seem to think it sucks so ill just talk about the other points

348 posts
7,089 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

wait till you try anf use a alabama then lol, if not for the extra benifits that a prem ship brings, i'd have gone with NC the whole way and saved myself a shiiton of RNG induced rage NC is one of the best BBs for whacking BBs, CAs and DDs, her SHS might be slow, but they pack a punch that nothing else at the tier can match, and when faceing CAs and DDs, their slow impact speed garentees less overpenn and the impact angle is also wonderful for citadeling CAs

i would talk about the dispersion but you seem to think it sucks so ill just talk about the other points

No, I think its dispersion sucks or is worse in ranked. At least that's my experience with her.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles
On 17/01/2018 at 2:55 PM, drakon233 said:

@Hakusomeone's shittalking your waifu

@drakon233 I do not see any mention of Des Moines...

980 posts
12,617 battles

I don't understand how people don't get bored of ranked. 

You usually play a few ships, the ones that your most comfortable with.

Then it's the same competition format, and you face the same ships over and over again. 

Then you play the same strong ships over and over so you get bored of them real quick. 

Then the influence of the potato in your team is nearly double than in randoms since it's now 1/7 instead of 1/12, and you can't properly influence the game when they sink after 2 mins and you don't have support to do anything. 

Then you start to consider grinding your stock tier 8s in ranked because the XP is nice and because you are probably more effective in your stock ship than the potato on your team with the Lo Yang. And you are probably right. 

And then you get the salty/troll players who are team killing because they want to get top loser, which is a flawed part of the competition format. 

Honestly, Tier 1 ranked is the only ranked I'll play. Guaranteed to be hilarious and no premium ship advantage. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

348 posts
7,089 battles
2 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

I don't understand how people don't get bored of ranked. 

You usually play a few ships, the ones that your most comfortable with.

Then it's the same competition format, and you face the same ships over and over again. 

Then you play the same strong ships over and over so you get bored of them real quick. 

Then the influence of the potato in your team is nearly double than in randoms since it's now 1/7 instead of 1/12, and you can't properly influence the game when they sink after 2 mins and you don't have support to do anything. 

Then you start to consider grinding your stock tier 8s in ranked because the XP is nice and because you are probably more effective in your stock ship than the potato on your team with the Lo Yang. And you are probably right. 

And then you get the salty/troll players who are team killing because they want to get top loser, which is a flawed part of the competition format. 

Honestly, Tier 1 ranked is the only ranked I'll play. Guaranteed to be hilarious and no premium ship advantage. 

The last 4 words in your comment descibes the main reason I don't play ranked anymore this season.

181 posts
4,257 battles

Experience and credits are still too much focused on damage dealt, which is why people are getting away damage farming than trying to win. Coming first in your team regardless of win/loss has never been this easy for those willing to exploit it.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Honestly, Tier 10 ranked is the only ranked I'll play. Guaranteed to be hilarious and no premium ship advantage. 

this, CN is doing it for this season of rank and it seems to be working fairly well, only people who are skilled enough at T10 and has either prem time, prem camo or enough skills to afford playing T10 regularly, and the wide range of skills at the tier assures for a more interesting playing field 

980 posts
12,617 battles
44 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

this, CN is doing it for this season of rank and it seems to be working fairly well, only people who are skilled enough at T10 and has either prem time, prem camo or enough skills to afford playing T10 regularly, and the wide range of skills at the tier assures for a more interesting playing field 

Dude I wrote Tier 1 ranked, not tier 10. It wasn't a typo. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this