You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Battle of North Cape

32 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,445 battles

Anyone else finding this hard to get finished? I'm doing the last part but as a casual player its been a real grind and I'm unlikely to finish as I need to go to work and also sleep :)

I liked last year when I believe we had the Graff missions? They were fun and ok to get done within the time frame and then use it for some of the special missions. Unless that was another ship?

I'm not saying give me another free ship, just as a casual player I like these multi task missions with the goal of a ship as a reward, they're engaging and feel rewarding and I feel a bit more time, say another week, would have made this more enjoyable, and achievable for us scrub players, just my 2cents worth.

Everyone else all done and found it a breeze? :)

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
402 posts
15,022 battles

It's certainly a grind if you're F2P and once I had it done I kind of lost my will to play WoWS for a while. 

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

Yes, I grinded it without any premium account. Luckily I had a Kamikaze to get those 90k missions done.

Other wise, the grind is pretty torturous. And the reward is kinda MEH at best.

273 posts
1,220 battles

DOY5.thumb.jpg.ec49a1bbc7b38142974d62159ffbdb28.jpg

:cap_viking::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:YOLO all the way with DD.

Team chat : Please assist cap

Me : :cap_cool:Screw you

Team chat : Please spot enemy dd

Me : :cap_cool:Screw you

Team chat : Please spot enemy BB

Me : :cap_haloween: Bless you

Edited by Hey_Potato

1,351 posts
8,881 battles

I cheated a bit and bought myself a Gallant to do those torp hit missions in the final task. I don't think I would have managed to complete it otherwise.

Now that I have completed the campaigns I think I am going to take a break from WoWs for a while. A bit burnt out. Maybe just chill and play some scenarios for a bit.

354 posts
9,048 battles
Just now, Thyaliad said:

I cheated a bit and bought myself a Gallant to do those torp hit missions in the final task. I don't think I would have managed to complete it otherwise.

Now that I have completed the campaigns I think I am going to take a break from WoWs for a while. A bit burnt out. Maybe just chill and play some scenarios for a bit.

I think a lot of people are feeling this way.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
26 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

You know i did that with minotaur and emerald. Although u will get reported like me when you do it.

What i do is hide behind an island not doing anything till an enemy is close so i get the first drop on him. Single launch torps are great :|.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

i just did the torp missions, i played 20 matches and got the reward 3 times with fletcher yugumo, it really wasnt too hard apart from the fact that i basically went full "scew you" the entier team (what is teamplay during missions anways lol) and the other DDs in my team was banzaing like crazy(what is survival compared to damage lol)

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,445 battles

Yea game play atm reminds me of the first ARP MYoko missions when you had to kill dd's and such, I thought the brainiac behind that sort of crap was promoted a community position? :) 

This set of missions really feels like every man for himself, not really what you want to have happen I would have thought?

I'm now trying to finish the last 45k of the final mission, and every game I have the special Olympics team helping me out :) Its the sort of night where you just go do something else, but I can't if I want to finish, fun times, why do we do this to ourselves?? 

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles

The 150k DD damage mission was the killer for me. I found my self playing like a complete yolo idiot chasing DDs.

354 posts
9,048 battles
13 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

The 150k DD damage mission was the killer for me. I found my self playing like a complete yolo idiot chasing DDs.

I wonder if you were the only one to do that one -  it seemed ridiculous. I did the 3M credits twice. At least the credits are useful after the campaign.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
2 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

I wonder if you were the only one to do that one -  it seemed ridiculous. I did the 3M credits twice. At least the credits are useful after the campaign.

Yeah, I was tempted to use the Missouri and blast the credits

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,445 battles

Yay done and so am I for however long the therapy for the trauma takes :) Anyone else want to go in for a class action against WG due to the nature of this umm whatever you call it :)

1,494 posts

Yay! I finally finished my grind..... got the DoY & a 3 point captain.... now I can play my other ships again... after a rest... my poor behind

:cap_fainting:

Ordrazz

183 posts
3,790 battles

Thank god I actually got pretty lucky from the satan crates you get from completing a sub-collection from the duke of york collection. I got 14days premium time from there. Made the grind much easier than it could have been.

50 posts
3,289 battles

Managed to complete stage 5 by repeating the 75k XP twice and 10x BB kills twice... took 3-4 days... WHOLE DAYS. So glad I saved up all those XP flags and camos :cap_book:

Totally burned out geez WG

Edited by Swiftter7

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles
41 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Yay! I finally finished my grind..... got the DoY & a 3 point captain.... now I can play my other ships again... after a rest... my poor behind

:cap_fainting:

Ordrazz

wow:cap_happy:

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles
31 minutes ago, DonnerSushi said:

Thank god I actually got pretty lucky from the satan crates you get from completing a sub-collection from the duke of york collection. I got 14days premium time from there. Made the grind much easier than it could have been.

you're lucky

260 posts
4,654 battles

Just completed the New Year Raid also. Got lucky with 7 days of premium from Super Container, makes the grind easier (credits and exp). DoY last mission was difficult to grind to. Had to play multiple times in Kamikaze R to get past 90K (keep hitting 80K+).

354 posts
9,048 battles
9 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

I got lucky with those ones too - picked up a De Grasse w 10pt captain, totally unexpected.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
8 hours ago, GRADAN31 said:

Just completed the New Year Raid also. Got lucky with 7 days of premium from Super Container, makes the grind easier (credits and exp). DoY last mission was difficult to grind to. Had to play multiple times in Kamikaze R to get past 90K (keep hitting 80K+).

Feel yah, I tried maybe a dozen games in the Shiratsuyu to hit the 90k, kept just missing. You just have to sacrifice a goat to RNG that you get an enemy team with BBs players who think turning is for wimps. My 2nd kamikaze game chasing 90k I had a Bayern AND a New York who both maintained course and speed after eating my first torpedo volley.

All skill on my part ;). Now where can I find another goat?????

268 posts
6,381 battles
11 hours ago, Swiftter7 said:

Managed to complete stage 5 by repeating the 75k XP twice and 10x BB kills twice... took 3-4 days... WHOLE DAYS. So glad I saved up all those XP flags and camos :cap_book:

Totally burned out geez WG

Did the same missions here to complete the stage.  Fortunately, I had the final campaign mission stored (play a battle in a tier 5+ ship and get 7 days prem), do o just activated that,

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,737 battles

I've completed the campaign but still need to get a devastating strike in the DOY to finish the one remaining task. I keep getting citadel hits that reduce cruisers to ridiculously low numbers but devastating strikes just aren't happening:cap_hmm:

Edited by Thorhorsemen

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles
11 minutes ago, Thorhorsemen said:

I've completed the campaign but still need to get a devastating strike in the DOY to finish the one remaining task. I keep getting citadel hits that reduce cruisers to ridiculously low numbers but devastating strikes just aren't happening:cap_hmm:

I used a full broadside of HE on a Kamikaze at <4km. Worked rather well :cap_haloween:.