You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptJonathanC

Is this even a fair MM?

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
640 posts
3,479 battles

Its for their or your punishment for bad deeds or something ;v

That's why they slapped 2 Payfost and Atlanta to teach certain people a lesson.

5 posts
3,468 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Its for their or your punishment for bad deeds or something ;v

That's why they slapped 2 Payfost and Atlanta to teach certain people a lesson.

does it include saying "Fsugoi" and "tanoshii" to all when FRNDS clan are in both team?

5 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You were in a division too, they didn't have any. I don't think you get to complain. Infact your team actually had overall stronger lineup.

Is it really a stronger lineup? Since I chatted with my team and they demand that belfast should be moved to T8 instead of T7

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
1 minute ago, CaptJonathanC said:

Is it really a stronger lineup? Since I chatted with my team and they demand that belfast should be moved to T8 instead of T7

I also think so, but that is one ship. Your team's battleship's were better than their's. Your team also had 1 more DD than their team. Both team had Atlantas, now they had two Belfasts, which is clearly stronger than most ships but what I think here is, your team's destroyers were terribad and BBs were tunnel visioned to remove those Belfasts. (One actually died). And if you ask me, if your team can dodge Belfast radar snipes, Fiji is a lot stronger than Belfast in terms of damage dealing (and that's not just me who thinks this, you can check Fiji's server stats too).

One more reason I think this is because, having 1 belfast is good enough, 2 or more is redundant and doesn't really add much value. 

5 posts
3,468 battles
17 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I also think so, but that is one ship. Your team's battleship's were better than their's. Your team also had 1 more DD than their team. Both team had Atlantas, now they had two Belfasts, which is clearly stronger than most ships but what I think here is, your team's destroyers were terribad and BBs were tunnel visioned to remove those Belfasts. (One actually died). And if you ask me, if your team can dodge Belfast radar snipes, Fiji is a lot stronger than Belfast in terms of damage dealing (and that's not just me who thinks this, you can check Fiji's server stats too).

One more reason I think this is because, having 1 belfast is good enough, 2 or more is redundant and doesn't really add much value. 

Well, thanks for nice info, maybe I'll try using my Atlanta better.... Cause on my side of map, one of the Belfast actually teamed up with Atlanta which gave us quite a trouble in C....

If you say BBs are tunnel visioned, I don't think so since there were only 2 BB is heading to C where they teamed up. And they hid in the gap between two big islands.

1,001 posts
7,416 battles
6 hours ago, CaptJonathanC said:

Well, thanks for nice info, maybe. I'll try using my Atlanta better.... Cause on my side of map, one of the Belfast actually teamed up with Atlanta which gave us quite a trouble in C...

Team play is always an advantage. Two players in good ships working together are much harder to beat than two individuals in the same ships.

6 hours ago, CaptJonathanC said:

If you say BBs are tunnel visioned, I don't think so since there were only 2 BB is heading to C where they teamed up. And they hid in the gap between two big islands.

I was wondering about that comment about your battleships. How could he know how they behaved? Answer: he didn’t, he made an assumption.

If you want my view on this: Belfast’s armour or guns are nothing special, and it doesn’t have torps.

The combination of smoke and radar means it needs nobody spotting when it sits in smoke. The weak armour means, when detected, Belfast may not survive very long. I have the Belfast, and I played a fair bit British cruisers, but I certainly don’t win every battle in the Belfast.

Of course radar means, Belfast can make the life of DD’s trying to cap, or hold a cap, very hard. With premium consumables and captain skills, two Belfasts can have radar on for up to 2 x 5 x 25sec = 250 sec = 4.1 minutes. Spreading this time out over the duration of the game strategically will be quite powerful in taking or holding cap circles.

In a nutshell, if your team lost by points/capping, I would think the two Belfasts have something to do with it.

However, you now have two ways of seeing this. You can blame the matchmaking. Or you can say, “We didn’t find a way to deal with two Belfasts contesting our caps.”

Matchmaking will always pick ships from the queue, the MM will never be 100% fair.

Battles are not won by ships, but by the people driving the ships. Captains who continue learning will improve. Captains who blame matchmaking or whatever, may improve their complaining, not so much their game-play..

Battles are not won by ships, but by the captains driving the ships.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I was wondering about that comment about your battleships. How could he know how they behaved? Answer: he didn’t, he made an assumption.

If you are talking about me, please make sure to have the courtesy to tag me from next time, captain obvious.

And yes, I am certain his Battleships were not paying attention. If I could get the replay file, I'm sure I could pinpoint those moments too. Don't forget I also mentioned about his team's bad destroyers. What I didn't want to mention was that he got sunk so fast, which should not be happening.

And yes, I understand the game, I'm not just speculating. MM has issues, which I doubt you realized yet. But I think this one was imbalaced by his own division. Otherwise the Belfasts would probably be distributed. As far as tiering goes, this is OK MM and a division should always have an upper hand over no division.

Im sorry, but at this point I had to  check how well you know belfast. You're a Belfast player with 18k average damage over less than 20 battles. No my friend, that's just too poor to give an "expert" opinion on the ship. With you in Belfast in my enemy, I won't even bother.

I'm sure you will do better in future, but as of now, you are not really a RNCL player, hence all the excuses about poor armor, not having heal, not having torps, it's the players not the ship. Armor doesn't matter if no one shoots you. I have seen many battles where friendlies do not attack important targets when they had the chances.

So, I repeat in case you miss again:

Belfasts are certainly overpowered, but his team had a division with more DDs. That is the ONLY reason I think this was an OK MM. At least it was not 1 t6 DD vs 2 t7 DD which I showed in one of the earlier threads.

Cut the "It's not the ship but the players..." crap.  Now think about "it's the ship, specially with the players who know how to drive it".

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,001 posts
7,416 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

If you are talking about me, please make sure to have the courtesy to tag me from next time, captain obvious.

I have found the "quote" function, I don't know how to tag by name, that's why I didn't tag you.

I will not reply to the content of your last post, it sounds like you took something personal. I apologize if I somehow offended you, that was certainly not my intention.

I should maybe ad that in relation to WoWS I don't consider myself an "expert" or even a good player. My stats are there for the world to see. My stats are improving on all levels, which gives me some satisfaction, but at this stage I would consider myself a mediocre player at best.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I will not reply to the content of your last post, it sounds like you took something personal. I apologize if I somehow offended you, that was certainly not my intention.

I should maybe ad that in relation to WoWS I don't consider myself an "expert" or even a good player. My stats are there for the world to see. My stats are improving on all levels, which gives me some satisfaction, but at this stage I would consider myself a mediocre player at best.

Don't worry, I didn't feel offended.

I checked your Belfast stats only because you mentioned about your experience with the ship. And like I said above, I'm sure you will do better. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I tend to speak my mind.

980 posts
12,617 battles
17 hours ago, CaptJonathanC said:

I just met this weird MM. I mean.... who puts 2 belfasts and an atlanta in a single team? Isn't it a little bit too OP?

Happens to all of us, suck it up, dude. 

random

ˈrandəm/
adjective

1. 1.
    made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.
    "apparently random violence"

1,001 posts
7,416 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 10:03 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Don't worry, I didn't feel offended.

I checked your Belfast stats only because you mentioned about your experience with the ship. And like I said above, I'm sure you will do better. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I tend to speak my mind.

Well, maybe not offended anymore.

And to clarify, I said:

On 1/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, PeterMoe1963 said:

I have the Belfast, and I played a fair bit British cruisers, but I certainly don’t win every battle in the Belfast.

The rest you added.