Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Thoughts on Kawachi and Myogi

10 comments in this topic

319 posts
4,661 battles

Kawachi: 12 battles played, 7 wins 5 losses, 893 WTR

This is a terrible ship. No speed, no range, no accuracy, no AA, burns like a fuel depot and cannot dodge torps. Cruelly, leveraging it's only strength - the tankyness - is only possible if you can convince your teammates to delay their advance while you catch up. In free-for-all low tier games this never happens, so after spending 5 minutes steaming at 18 knots to where you hope the battle will be your team has either won by then, leaving nothing to to, or they've been obliterated and you are quickly overwhelmed by 3-4 enemy ships and sunk. Gimmick feature of side-mounted main battery turrets good for when you get surrounded though.

Myogi: 37 battles played, 18 wins 19 losses, 1212 WTR

Battlecruiser, plays like a micro-Scharnhorst but without the close combat capability. Same "dash to outflank, run back if pushed" gameplay, but with more emphasis on long range artillery. It wasn't difficult to play, I farmed plenty of damage and had a high survival rate but found it a bit boring. 6 guns and 30s reload leave you very vulnerable to enemy DDs, you only get reasonable AA on the C hull, and not being able to take on enemy T4 BBs one-on-one means few opportunities to brawl. Wyoming remains my T4 BB of choice.

Both ships sold, and now on to Kongo!

496 posts
4,171 battles

i still kept my myogi... its the ship tat got me my FIRST kraken....... and i actually lost my forward turret... permenantly

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Thoughts? They are tier 3 and tier 4 Battleships. They are perfectly fine as they are. You don't expect them to have speed like Iowa or accuracy like a Montana, do you?

Also WTR is very iffy measurement.

492 posts
7,661 battles

10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

This is a terrible ship. No speed, no range, no accuracy, no AA, burns like a fuel depot and cannot dodge torps. Cruelly, leveraging it's only strength - the tankyness - is only possible if you can convince your teammates to delay their advance while you catch up. In free-for-all low tier games this never happens, so after spending 5 minutes steaming at 18 knots to where you hope the battle will be your team has either won by then, leaving nothing to to, or they've been obliterated and you are quickly overwhelmed by 3-4 enemy ships and sunk. Gimmick feature of side-mounted main battery turrets good for when you get surrounded though.

Battlecruiser, plays like a micro-Scharnhorst but without the close combat capability. Same "dash to outflank, run back if pushed" gameplay, but with more emphasis on long range artillery. It wasn't difficult to play, I farmed plenty of damage and had a high survival rate but found it a bit boring. 6 guns and 30s reload leave you very vulnerable to enemy DDs, you only get reasonable AA on the C hull, and not being able to take on enemy T4 BBs one-on-one means few opportunities to brawl. Wyoming remains my T4 BB of choice.

Huh? You do realise this is T3 and T4?

If all T3 and T4 ships were quite good with no major bad points there would be no point of grinding through the tiers. They are not very good for a reason.

Play the game so you are happy with your contribution and knowing you did all you could to support the team and aid in getting a win. WTR at the end of the day is just a number. It can be useful but it should not be relied on as the only measure of performance.

You should enjoy the Kongo. I kept it for the operations................. and then WG removed T5 ships. :Smile-angry: Great top speed when upgraded. Huge improvement overall from the Meh-ogi.

My favorite low tier IJN Battlecruiser is the Easy sushi (Ishizuchi). Orion is good also for the RN. At T4 Nikolai takes 1st place however if you are lucky enough to have one.     Like me. :Smile_hiding:

319 posts
4,661 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Thoughts? They are tier 3 and tier 4 Battleships. They are perfectly fine as they are. You don't expect them to have speed like Iowa or accuracy like a Montana, do you?

Also WTR is very iffy measurement.

I meant to give my impressions of the ships in and of themselves and/or relative to other T3-4 ships. How much fun factor if you will. Not intended as "these suck please buff".

Tenryu is a fun T3 ship, a few of the DDs too. The Kawachi, imho, is not.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Beta Tester
908 posts
11 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

These are bad ships, either pay some money to WG to free xp past them or grind through them.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
8 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I meant to give my impressions of the ships in and of themselves and/or relative to other T3-4 ships. How much fun factor if you will. Not intended as "these suck please buff".

Tenryu is a fun T3 ship, a few of the DDs too. The Kawachi, imho, is not.

For example I see Tenryu's as bad ship because I usually blap them in one or two salvo. That led me to never try those ships myself. It basically comes from personal experience. Do I find battleships more enjoyable, not really, but they are really tough class at low tiers. If you know what you are doing, other classes literally has no chance against you. Even when in a Myogi. 

So yah, not really fun for me either, but certainly more fun than getting blapped in one shot.

1,011 posts
7,473 battles
On 1/14/2018 at 3:54 AM, Rina_Pon said:

Kawachi

Myogi

Hmmm, IMO, Kawachi at T3 and Myogi at T4 are quite adequate ships.

When I was grinding CV’s I was always happy to see a Myogi or two on the enemy team, because until final hull upgrade, there is zero AA.

I sold my IJN BB’s below Kongo. Kongo is a fun ship, not too dissimilar to a fully upgraded Myogi, actually, but better. I have the impression many players who sell lower tier ships hold on to the Kongo.

I recently re-bought the Nassau, which is quite similar to the Kawachi, with smaller caliber but faster reloading guns… the guns being quite temperamental. Had a few fun battles in Nassau. The 6 double barrel turrets around the ship offer some interesting options, when turning the ship, you can fire one turret every 4 seconds.

Sign in to follow this