You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SlamUez

Ranked does bring out the lower skill players

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
908 posts

A Pink Team clan member proceeds to TK me so he can get top loser spot, because I have alot of HP and can contend with top loser spot.

Man this Rank mode brings out lower skill level players.

General insult, content modified, user warned.
~Beaufighter

To Top it off, the player is already pink, so his been doing it deliberately.

Beta Tester
908 posts

It does, but it lights me up makes me use damage control. With 4 ships around, I got focused down rather than taking shots when it was safe.

The player proceeds to get top loser in a really low base XP game.

Content Modified
~Beaufighter

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

I meet similiar case on pink akizuki.

though we somewhat in winning condition with 3 vs 1 despite down by points. but we have 2 cap so its slowly ticking into our favor

then sudenly that akizuki sudenly kill low hp benson and proceed to torp the other ship which was atago

our atago is no slouch so he can retaliate the backstabing pr***

we still somehow end up win by points, but the action of that akizuki is realy WTF

980 posts
12,617 battles

For stuff like ranked, it may be necessary to implement a system where TKs should be reviewed and if found to be malicious, repetitive, and deliberate, the perpetrator becomes banned for the season of ranked and has his/her current rank stripped for that entire season. 

Sounds harsh, but this happened to me as well, and the punishments really should be more severe. 

1,126 posts

they're spy! a sleeping agent sent by enemy team!!

rank these day don't just end in match anymore.

there's ruse, espionage, sabotage etc.

brace your self

:D

Edited by PGM991

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

they're spy! a sleeping agent sent by enemy team!!

rank these day don't just end in match anymore.

there's ruse, espionage, sabotage etc.

brace your self

:D

Unsportmanship honestly?

2,221 posts
13,707 battles
9 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

How is delibrate team killing and playing for top loser by team killing a team member a "lower skill player"? These are rank5+ games.

I agree. Ethics and skill are not related.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles
10 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Pink players should be rejected from ranked. And TK penalty system should be made smarter, or delete TK altogether

Remember, you can become a pink player in co-op if the AI decides to sail into your torpedoes blindly from miles away.

2,221 posts
13,707 battles
49 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Remember, you can become a pink player in co-op if the AI decides to sail into your torpedoes blindly from miles away.

Remember. A player can only hit your torpedoes if you take the risk of firing them in an area they can reach.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
6 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Remember. A player can only hit your torpedoes if you take the risk of firing them in an area they can reach.

IJN torps, gearing torps,  you can hit teammates literally half the  map away

1,386 posts
8,230 battles
1 hour ago, Pocket_Fox said:

I only got pink twice over my 4.5K random and 1k coop… both due to some hundred-ish HP bot blocking my trajectory when I was tunnel visioning and I inadvertently sank them. But it's no big deal for normal players, just a few coop games with Black Swan, clean record again. But for players who TK their teammates in ranked so that they can save stars, this would significantly reduce how many ranked battles they can play due to the constant need to clear the pink.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

354 posts
9,048 battles

I've seen a couple of weird instances of TK play in ranked recently, but today, on the PT server, in a random battle, some clown started shooting ships near him and, almost immediately, a message came out on chat that he'd been sanctioned somehow - so I guess the admins must be able to monitor this in some fashion (or else they were playing too).

1,386 posts
8,230 battles
29 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

I've seen a couple of weird instances of TK play in ranked recently, but today, on the PT server, in a random battle, some clown started shooting ships near him and, almost immediately, a message came out on chat that he'd been sanctioned somehow - so I guess the admins must be able to monitor this in some fashion (or else they were playing too).

It is an automatic system, WG explained this in the game rules section

590 posts
2,995 battles
6 hours ago, drakon233 said:

mods are biased here, shoulda gone to reddit

Nope - Not biased, we're told to uphold rules that you've agreed to by signing up to the forums. Don't break the rules, you won't have an issue :)

590 posts
2,995 battles
20 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

I thought doing friendly damage when already pink reflects the damage?

Correct Kunkka :)

1,386 posts
8,230 battles
59 minutes ago, Jeruk_Swag said:

Huh, POI guy gets a warning yet if I were to do I'd probably get banned for 2-3 days.

Interesting.

Lemme guess, you are trying to suggest that mods are biased and their judgement are based on clans.

I won't argue about whether the mods are biased, but the difference in penalty does not mean the mods are biased.

Now if I posted the same thing as OP did, I would get a few days' ban, as I had violated the no insult rule a few times in the past and warning only applies to the first offense

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles
8 hours ago, keskparane said:

16km torpedoes in an AI co-op game.

Trust me, the AI will happily sail into that from one side of the map across the other.

Confucius say, never fire torpedo in co-op battle.

Patient: Doctor it hurts to breath.

Doctor: Then stop breathing.

Solid advice?