You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xplod2064

Concept of Free exp is stupid right now.

38 comments in this topic

45 posts
3,992 battles

OK so where do I start with this.. Free experience in the game right now is stupid and is in the name "Free Exp" should mean it is free, well you would think that right? I know, I know the game is F2P and they have to make money somehow and by charging people with doubloons to convert this so called, and I quote "Free Exp" is horrendous. Ok so please hear me out...

You have a ship for example a T10 Montana, you play, and play, and play you earned over 500k exp on your Montana in say a month, this is not accurate I know, but just an example. So you have 500k and want to spend in I don't know maybe another ship line like Japanese Destroyers, Ok so how much would it cost to convert all that 500k ship exp to free exp??

Ok so it would cost 20000 doubloons to convert 500k ship experience to "Free Exp" and for me in New Zealand that is $109.90 LIKE WHAT!!! I earned all that ship experience with my blood, metal and tears for a month. and it means nothing unless I have $109.90 to convert it??? Like what??

Some solutions,

• Maybe make the conversion rate 35 or 40 exp per doubloon.
  • Have a daily allowance to convert Free Exp like 5k a day for Free which I feel it should be.
  • Make all T10 ships earn Free exp only! no ship exp otherwise you end up like me with over 1.2 million exp on the Montana which i can't convert unless I spend lots of money.

Those are some examples that I can think of, I would love to hear feedback on what you guys think of all this.

1. Should we keep spending lots of money for exp we already have?
  2. Or have something to help us, could be one of my example of many other possibilities. 

45 posts
3,992 battles
2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

no

thank you for your massive effort in replying with one word, much appreciated.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
Just now, Xplod2064 said:

thank you for your massive effort in replying with one word, much appreciated.

you're very welcome 

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
1 minute ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

In the end we are talking about WG here... Things like this won't even happen in our wettest dreams.. :Smile_facepalm:

i'd much rather WG limited FXP and went with pay to grind rather then releasing P2W ships

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts
26 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

OK so where do I start with this.. Free experience in the game right now is stupid and is in the name "Free Exp" should mean it is free, well you would think that right? I know, I know the game is F2P and they have to make money somehow and by charging people with doubloons to convert this so called, and I quote "Free Exp" is horrendous. Ok so please hear me out...

You have a ship for example a T10 Montana, you play, and play, and play you earned over 500k exp on your Montana in say a month, this is not accurate I know, but just an example. So you have 500k and want to spend in I don't know maybe another ship line like Japanese Destroyers, Ok so how much would it cost to convert all that 500k ship exp to free exp??

Ok so it would cost 20000 doubloons to convert 500k ship experience to "Free Exp" and for me in New Zealand that is $109.90 LIKE WHAT!!! I earned all that ship experience with my blood, metal and tears for a month. and it means nothing unless I have $109.90 to convert it??? Like what??

Some solutions,

• Maybe make the conversion rate 35 or 40 exp per doubloon.
  • Have a daily allowance to convert Free Exp like 5k a day for Free which I feel it should be.
  • Make all T10 ships earn Free exp only! no ship exp otherwise you end up like me with over 1.2 million exp on the Montana which i can't convert unless I spend lots of money.

Those are some examples that I can think of, I would love to hear feedback on what you guys think of all this.

1. Should we keep spending lots of money for exp we already have?
  2. Or have something to help us, could be one of my example of many other possibilities. 

WG is a company that is there to make money.

Not just for itself, but also for shareholders.

Converting free xp is just one of many income avenues they have.

I doubt they are going to change it....

image.png.41aff67d0ce2bcf03677eb9df6591da7.png

mmmmmmm Free xp goodness...

2,220 posts
13,691 battles

10% of the ship XP has already been given to you as free XP. I got the Missouri not long after it came out and since then I will have saved up enough FXP to buy the Musashi when she arrives. All free.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Complaints about "Free to play Concept" is getting silly now.

If everything is "Free" for the players have you ever think how game devs gonna live with all their money spending on things like server, future development, etc.?
Complaints about Premium Ships having "Gimmick" is a better thing to debate about, but here we are "Free XP" not being "Free"

There's a hard solution for this.
By simply playing the game and equiping things like camo, flags giving FXP earn buff and that's it. No money ever have to be spent on "Free XP"

45 posts
3,992 battles
11 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

WG is a company that is there to make money.

Not just for itself, but also for shareholders.

Converting free xp is just one of many income avenues they have.

I doubt they are going to change it....

image.png.41aff67d0ce2bcf03677eb9df6591da7.png

mmmmmmm Free xp goodness...

You get added benefits for being a super tester.

45 posts
3,992 battles

Think of people that earn not that much money, it is hard for us to convert when prices are so high. A lot of you say I am complaining because I am but from what I am seeing most of you all are 1 sided and not thinking 2 perspective, yea if I had a lot of money i wouldn't complain aswell.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
3 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

You get added benefits for being a super tester.

Such as?

Getting focus fired?

Getting reported every game?

Getting TKd?

Getting "Testers are noobs" comments?

45 posts
3,992 battles
8 minutes ago, MikuChrome said:

Complaints about "Free to play Concept" is getting silly now.

If everything is "Free" for the players have you ever think how game devs gonna live with all their money spending on things like server, future development, etc.?
Complaints about Premium Ships having "Gimmick" is a better thing to debate about, but here we are "Free XP" not being "Free"

There's a hard solution for this.
By simply playing the game and equiping things like camo, flags giving FXP earn buff and that's it. No money ever have to be spent on "Free XP"

You can still charge for things just make it not so unrealistic, make it reasonable. Think of it this way. You have a shirt one is $5 and one is $20 which will sell more???

Yea the $20 shirt costs more but you will not get as many sales as you would like since it has a higher price tag.

The $5 shirt however is a lot cheaper than the $20 one but it is more reasonable and which will attract more customers.

That is like the first thing you learn about commerce.

114 posts
3,889 battles

You should know, a company would never cut off a source of revenue without an extremely good reason. You can whine all you want, WG will never change it because people will still buy doubloons to convert FXP. Even if not many players do that, its still a source of revenue for WG, no matter how small it may be.

The $5 shirt however is a lot cheaper than the $20 one but it is more reasonable and which will attract more customers.

WG doesn't care, people still spend money on that even if they don't lower the costs or give permanent discounts.You can do the math, its simple. Having 100 people buy your $20 shirt is far better than lowering the price to $5 just to get another 100 shirts sold.

Edited by Exiaa

[ANZAC]
9 posts
5,121 battles

@icy_phoenix don't be sad they say those thing because they want to be Super Testers..Hell I want to be a Super.. how do I apply? but for ppl how Don't have a lot of money/Time its a big hit.

1,107 posts
7,840 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Xplod2064, if you talk about fairness, look at premium ship prices, most of the costs as much as, or even double to triple than many fantastic full games on steam...

on other developing countries across asia, thats even more expensive to spend on digital goods

45 posts
3,992 battles

Things can only change if we make it so, if everyone is negative then it is not going to work. Ship Prices are ridiculous I know, but that is an option you can still earn ships in game. Free exp is the main issue especially at T10 when it says free in the name and yet it costs, sure sure you can earn 100-200 free exp without any boosts per match but that is pathetic sorry but you can't use that as an excuse.

Edited by Xplod2064

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
1 minute ago, humusz said:

on other developing countries across asia, thats even more expensive to spend on digital goods

Yeah, and you can't really tell them anything because the ready answer would be, "no one forcing you to buy".

[ANZAC]
9 posts
5,121 battles
13 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Such as?

Getting focus fired?

Getting reported every game?

Getting TKd?

Getting "Testers are noobs" comments?

3 minutes ago, humusz said:

yes so I'm right?!

435 posts
6,169 battles

I agree with OP cost-wise, just returned to an old haunt only to see the premium shop has two ships for sale at $200, like WTF, same old same old WG, “perception of greed”, sort of disheartening really, until I skulled my JW.

WG digital product does need to be bought down to earth somewhat, even in-game bits.

Edited by BuckleUpBones