Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Any Mac players out there?

10 comments in this topic

29 posts
2,755 battles

I use a mac computer when playing and I cannot send messages or reply to messages other players send. On my keyboard the 'F' keys have various functions the OS already uses (e.g. F10 - F12 control volume) and I have not been able to find a way to either alter these for use during the game or found a way in WOWS to change the keys to be used. Any help would be appreciated. Other than changing the keystroke functions does anyone know of an alternative way of sending messages on a Mac? I can't believe there are no other players using Macs even though WOWS support says the game 'does not fully support Mac use'.

[ASALT]
5 posts
4,630 battles

I use a MBP with Win 10 installed via boot camp. The only problem i have is not able to take screen shot when playing on external monitor and FPS drop on a hot summer day (on low graphic setting)

Other than that everything else works fine.

4 posts
2,830 battles

I've literally just started ships after wot for a  long time. 

I use mac on both - I press fn+F button (e.g. fn+F5) to send those messages. Occasional other key swaps with control/alt etc. just need to experiment. 

Hope that helps. 

[LONER]
60 posts
2,591 battles

There is a setting in System Preferences to change them from their default behaviour to old-school Fn keys if you want to do it that way too.

29 posts
2,755 battles

Actually I have just found a solution (saw it in one of the tips that flash up before the start of battle). If you press the 'B' key you get a pop up menu of stock messages and you just click on the appropriate message.

1,016 posts
7,482 battles
On 1/12/2018 at 2:07 PM, Pete_the_pirate said:

'F' keys

I’m not using a Mac, so cannot give you the answer you are looking for.

This looks like problem with sending F-keys under Windows on the Mac. So it would not necessarily a question limited to WoWS users.

You can try Whirlpool. Create a login and find the appropriate section, ie Mac.

People over there have helped me out many times. Not every individual is friendly and helpful, but many are.

This is the site:

http://whirlpool.net.au/

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
On 1/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, SlamUez said:

Game is not supported on mac. /end thread.

Actually macOS client is officially supported, correct me if I was wrong but it seem to be accomplished by using a compatibility layer called wine.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/game/

There's an option for macOS version on this page.

But IIRC macOS version only got DirX 9 working

And of course one can install Windows on a Mac device using bootcamp, which will allow running Windows programs just like every other PC out there, including games. Had that mac not reached T-Junction of the processor already and barbecued the user's hands by the time the game is fired up:cap_haloween:Given how notoriously bad at designing thermal solutions apple is.

IIRC there's an option for switching between MultiMedia key and F-key in bootcamp application (the other set of function would be activated by holding Fn)

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Sign in to follow this