Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

0 for 7 in Sharnhorst so far...

19 comments in this topic

322 posts
4,672 battles

I am not the world's best BB driver, especially at higher tiers, but I've still managed to be in the top 3 on my team in three of my 7 Scharnhorst games, with 50-70k dmg done in those and not pulled a single win. What more does it take?

BB WTR score.png

Screenshot (22).png

Edited by Rina_Pon

[LONER]
60 posts
2,597 battles

It's been like that lately. I've lost my last 14 battles in my Gneisenau, whilst setting my Personal Best for damage done, and average damage.

shot-18_01.09_23_17.25-0639.thumb.jpg.eef532e6711e6827d7bed1a87a6cddea.jpg

shot-18_01.09_23_17.31-0428.thumb.jpg.d5d4c26c8016fb6fd7ea073e9d7c5da8.jpg

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

It may not be your fault, and most certainly not the ship either. It is the freaking time. Everyone is just playing for bb kills and torp hits. Even the players who don't play DDs are bringing their dds. What did you expect?

Nice work, wargaming.

Edited by icy_phoenix

354 posts
9,048 battles
18 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

It may not be your fault, and most certainly not the ship either. It is the freaking time. Everyone is just playing for bb kills and torp hits. Even the players who don't play DDs are bringing their dds. What did you expect?

Nice work, wargaming.

Try ranked - regularly see games with 6 bbs each side. I thought the campaign may have been affecting this too. A shame, as I'd like my Tirpitz (with a 19pt captain and lots of special flags) to be more competitive, but the mix really tends to favour the long range snipers like NC/Alabama/Amagi.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles
42 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Try ranked - regularly see games with 6 bbs each side. I thought the campaign may have been affecting this too. A shame, as I'd like my Tirpitz (with a 19pt captain and lots of special flags) to be more competitive, but the mix really tends to favour the long range snipers like NC/Alabama/Amagi.

Yep, its the same in ranked and random. Too many players mindlessly grinding for DoY.

Also, if you don't join ranked season super early, you don't get to catch up with the best players.

[LBAS]
4,489 posts
25,673 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yep, its the same in ranked and random. Too many players mindlessly grinding for DoY.

1 and most stupid thing for North Cape Campaign >> Ranked SS8 >> trashed

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

Are you playing her with CA guns in mind?

ie. Fling HE at long range, AP superstructure at short-mid range.

1,016 posts
7,490 battles
11 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

What more does it take?

The Kongo on the enemy team did well in a T7 game. I guess he’s not complaining about WG matchmaking?

Your image is not easy to read but looks like you made towards 1000 XP on the losing team, that’s pretty good. With only 7 games in Scharnhorst one might suspect you still learn how to play her, but that seems not the case. (I find Scharnhorst plays like Graf Spee’s big brother.)

2 ships left on your team vs 3 ships on the other team, so they won by points or capping?

The simple truth is that a team win and one ship scoring high are two different things. I often see that players are not keeping track of points, caps - or even look at the map. They appear to spend the game looking through their gun-sights and are surprised by their team losing.

So what more does it take? Maybe the team needs a good Admiral?

The posts talking about grinding DoY seem to forget that the same conditions apply equally to both teams. But I can see that after 7 losses (or 14 losses in the Gneisenau) people have this impression.

322 posts
4,672 battles
41 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

So what more does it take? Maybe the team needs a good Admiral?

The posts talking about grinding DoY seem to forget that the same conditions apply equally to both teams. But I can see that after 7 losses (or 14 losses in the Gneisenau) people have this impression.

I had not appreciated that random battles were being influenced by DoY grinding. That explains a lot. For a while now I'm seeing good, skilled players behaving strangely in matches. They do well, score highly, but aren't playing in the way that I anticipate and that has really thrown my game off.

1,016 posts
7,490 battles
23 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

I had not appreciated that random battles were being influenced by DoY grinding. That explains a lot. For a while now I'm seeing good, skilled players behaving strangely in matches. They do well, score highly, but aren't playing in the way that I anticipate and that has really thrown my game off.

Well, if that helps to ease your pain, blame the DoY grinding.

But how does that always have negative impact on your team and positive impact on the enemy team?

[ASALT]
5 posts
4,630 battles

With only 7 games you are just unlucky. I had a bad start with this ship like 2W-9L, but now 55%WR at close to 50 games.

322 posts
4,672 battles
4 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

But how does that always have negative impact on your team and positive impact on the enemy team?

It explains why things have been so weird lately that's all.

MM is random.  If you think about it, if my level is constant but I get put on a weak team, I'm going to be near the top of the scoreboard but still lose. When I get put on a strong team, other players are going to do better than I am, and we are likely to win though I am unlikely to do especially well. So the complaint "why does my team always lose when I am the top scorer" does have some real basis in matchmaking statistics provided you as an individual play consistently.

Matchmaking works by first collecting 2 teams worth of ships, grouped in pairs closely matched boat-for-boat, in class and type. Then it decides which of those two ships in the pair it puts on team A and which it puts on team B. Since MM has access to the player history, it knows which of those two ships is captained by the stronger player. In principle it would divide that "skill pool" equally between the two teams, but I don't believe it does. In order to make it "fun and engaging" I think it makes some games unbalanced deliberately. On average this of course balances out: for each easy game you get a hard one. At an individual level though, it could in principle be tweaked so some players get an easier time of it that others. To be clear I don't think WG does this, but it certainly could do this.

See some of the recent shenanigans over at EA as a example of the unpleasant possibilities.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles
6 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

You need more experience with the game before you understand that part. The conditions might be same for both team, but badd DD players are far worse than bad BB players. At high tiers, depending when you play, you may see same people again and again.

Last night around 24 battles, all were in batches of 4 wins 5 losses 6 wins etc. Either we stomped them or they stomped us. And just because it's random, it's not a coin toss. Since average player base is actually below average.

Judging from most of your posts, it seems like you are an idealist, you feel an urge to say something against whatever you read. This isn't an ideal situation and we have seen this happening in the past.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
25 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

oh sounds like you feel offended, but that does not make you correct either

the DOY grind does not make you lose more or win more,

but it makes the battle to be end ridiculously more early (too many player play DD and ended up in knife-fight, thus balance crumble extremely quickly) 

or awfully longer (slow ass BB player flooding the MM, worst thing can happen if those players are campy cowards)

or MM magically give you unbalance number of ships (too many ships of 1 types)

and there are also some Players that force themselves to play certain ship type that they dont even good on it, making the match, straight up chaotic

Edited by Harpoon01

Sign in to follow this