Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SycoraX81

Should match making take into acct ranked play

11 comments in this topic

7 posts
4,261 battles

Hi All.

First time, poster, I play semi regularly, but in no way amazing. This is just an observation I've had, sorry if it has come up before.

As of last night, the 10th, the end of all the aftvent material my match making at T5-T7 is consistently throwing up matches where one team has 4-5 players who play ranked, and the other team having 8-10. Leading to a steam role for one team, at T8-T10, one team tends to be loaded with 1-5 ranks, while the other in in the 17-10, also generally leading to a steam role. It works for you some times if you get on the stacked team, but I have to say I've been on the losing end of this stick quite a lot. To the point now that I've been opening up every score sheet to look.

I know rank is not a guarantee of player skill, but to get past 17 you need to have a certain consistency, and understanding of the game mechanics. I just had a match in my Bismark, highest ranked person in my team 12, their team had 3 3's, all in T10's, we got obliterated, it was dull, and just makes me want to delete the game as there is no way of overcoming that, we lost 3 ships within the first 4 minutes,  which is what is happening in nearly every match. 

Anyway onto the positive, generally is there any appetite or willingness to balance teams based of bands in ranked. Using the irrevocable markers to split up the players, say 25-18, 17-12, 11-1. Then trying to make sure each team has equal numbers of players in each team. Also, lol, maybe balance the number of radars on each team also. 

Is anyone else having similar experiences?

Anyway sorry if I broke some rules, in posting this. Happy sailing.

Edited by SycoraX81

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,955 battles

It's not really a ranked score which dictates if a player is/is not good. But I do think MM should take into account player skill or avg exp earned etc and better balance matches.

MM could be greatly improved in many areas, radar ships etc. Kind of annoying when one team gets 4 radar ships and the other gets 0. I wonder what'll happen. 1000-120 score

Super Tester
802 posts
39 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Once Sharkbait started saying how easy it is to rank up this thread should never have been started.

OP will probably not know who that is. Flee while you still have a functioning frontal lobe!

354 posts
9,048 battles

Interestingly, the MM for ranked battles seems to take rankings into account (or it seems so to me).

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles
11 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

It's not really a ranked score which dictates if a player is/is not good. But I do think MM should take into account player skill or avg exp earned etc and better balance matches.

That instantly makes Premium noobs look better than good free players.

381 posts
9,957 battles

It should be the opposite tbh. Many unicums don't bother with ranked while there are 3x-4x% ish random players managed to grind their way to R5 after 300+ games.

[151ST]
1,008 posts
4,494 battles
3 hours ago, LunaStinger said:

It should be the opposite tbh. Many unicums don't bother with ranked while there are 3x-4x% ish random players managed to grind their way to R5 after 300+ games.

Yeah I try to get to 10 fast and early, the moment I start hitting the massive skill disparity that grinds me to a halt, I stop for a while.

That happened about 3-4 days after the season started...

As to the OP, no.

No please no.

Rank is a very fallible metric.

993 posts
7,415 battles
20 hours ago, SlamUez said:

MM is rigging games, how else do you balance the win rates.

I wonder what makes you say that?

What interest does WG have to "balance win rates"?

Sign in to follow this