You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

PING Display

8 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,442 battles

Would anyone else find it handy to be able to see their in game Ping BEFORE dropping into a match?

Just dropped and had a good game, changed ships in port and dropped again, Ping was at 500-600 for no apparent reason, game went swimmingly well :), not. 

If I could see it was bad in port I would do a restart and check it, then log for the night if its my end, having this in the top corner of the port screen would benefit everyone wouldn't it? Any chance others would find this handy? To sensible maybe? :)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Follow this guide and download Pingplotter (it's free): https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/50

But set the destination to "login1.worldofwarships.jp" without quotes. PL% indicates the lag on the route e.g. blinking ping.

You can use command prompt then enter: "ping -t login1.worldofwarships.jp" without quotes. What's missing though is the PL% indicator.

Edited by Mingfang47

318 posts
6,875 battles

Have you looked into WTFast to help with your ping? I used it while i was playing Warcraft and it helped a bunch. Maybe it will straighten out your latency a little. It has a free trial, so it doesn't hurt to try.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Another thing don't forget local storm activity. Twice in the last week I have had some small spikes during an electrical storm.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

In port ping display would be good so you know what the connection is like.Especially with the connection to the ASIA server from Australia playing up regularly depending on your ISP ( looks sideways at Telstra!).

I'll have to remember it next time one of their email surveys comes around.

218 posts
11,604 battles

Agreed. i had a catastrophic battle of up to 1k ping suddenly as i pushed the button. Would of avoided ruining the battle for others if i knew it was gonna be bad for me.