Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Holeinthehead

Stop nerfing DD's plztykk

13 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts
19 hours ago, Holeinthehead said:

WG plz stop nerfing my poor DD's . They get spotted so easy now and die very fast .

Fix it now . tykk

*WG*

tenor.gif?itemid=4890504

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

435 posts
6,169 battles

WG may have got themselves into a bind with radar.

I’ve just start playing DDs again and I'm learning the hard way about radar.

The overall DD situation is not good.

Just like the smoke situation, WG introduce the firing in smoke mechanic because ships with smoke would deploy smoke in succession, concealing ships for long periods.  Now radar can be deployed the same way, in succession, revealing destroyers and keeping the cap clear of opponents, its the same for both sides.

With “Missouri” and its revue bonuses I don’t think it will be a passing “fad”, there are always going to be Missouri’s in matches and this is pushing up radar numbers. Cruisers can hide to deploy radar but the Missouri can push (tank) to deploy and I’m finding is a common trait in games.

Not only that MM can’t balance radar numbers, it never will. It would simply increases waiting times for all ships with radar beyond the time limit, and probably for all ships in general. MM seem to be complex piece of work, even fulling ship spots today looks like nexus of neurons. To add in radar balance across Pan-Asia DDs, Missouri’s, Radar Cruisers and within a time limit is most likely impossible for programmers.

Radar is creating an "Ocean Map" of all maps and playing with so many radar ships today does seem like the leading edge of a bigger problem for WG.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
6 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Radar and hydro would be perfectly acceptable and balanced if they didn't work THROUGH islands/mountains.

post-1002276027-0-18588300-1432305872.jp

well shit

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
23 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Radar and hydro would be perfectly acceptable and balanced if they didn't work THROUGH islands/mountains.

Yes, I have to agree. A Belfast behind an island spotting a DD on the opposite side of the island with radar just isn’t realistic. Radar just doesn’t go through islands.

Hydro is a different story, because that’s microphones underwater. You possibly could hear the noise from another ship, even behind an island. But the island would make this more difficult.

The way it works now is just totally unrealistic.

Sign in to follow this