You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SkyWarrior_109

Is it just me, or is the Mikhail Kutuzov really bad?

31 comments in this topic

11 posts
1,125 battles

I didn't buy the ship when it was available thank god, I got it by chance in a crate. I don't have a tier 8 ship in a tech tree, it's my first tier 8.

I've played a bunch of battles in this thing, loaded it up with commander skills (10 pt captain) but I've been terribly overtiered (T8 against T10, balanced) and deleted in the early stages of a match due to a battleship just deciding to delete me. I then try and hide in my smoke, but ofc radar exists so I die anyway.

It doesn't matter how smart I play, or how much I WASD I just get my ass deleted off the face of the planet with barely 20,000 damage to my name.

Am I just bad or is the ship just underpowered/trash?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

19 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

you're just really bad, the ship that was so OP that it got taken off the shelf for being game breaking just dosnt work in your hands.

cDIFz.png

You haven't played a lot of games in it and high tier cruiser games take a bit of skill.  Best to just progress slowly.  Its an excellent captain  trainer and work it out in coop first.  Its an extremely powerful ship in the right hands.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

cDIFz.png

You haven't played a lot of games in it and high tier cruiser games take a bit of skill.  Best to just progress slowly.  Its an excellent captain  trainer and work it out in coop first.  Its an extremely powerful ship in the right hands.

the problem is, MK has smoke, 152 IFHE & 19km range, it removes skill from skillplay and he still cant make it work

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
5 minutes ago, SkyWarrior_109 said:

Instead of being salty and calling me trash, I'd greatly appreciate some tips.

you have smoke, 19km range, use it, take IFHE

that's literally all you need to play the ship like a faux unicum, IFHE, smoke and range all removes skill play and MK has all 3. this thing was a massive theat even in T10 matches

p.s.

if you didnt wanted to be salted then i STRONGLY sugggest ypu dont start threads with rants about how "xxx is bad/xxx is op", thats literally the fastest way to get bashed here

Edited by drakon233

11 posts
1,125 battles
17 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

you have smoke, 19km range, use it, take IFHE

that's literally all you need to play the ship like a faux unicum, IFHE, smoke and range all removes skill play and MK has all 3. this thing was a massive theat even in T10 matches

p.s.

if you didnt wanted to be salted then i STRONGLY sugggest ypu dont start threads with rants about how "xxx is bad/xxx is op", thats literally the fastest way to get bashed here

Quick question, what is the point of smoke when radar exists and destroyers can torp it from 10+ km away?

How is it's range good when battleships can still delete it at said range? Even glancing blows causing 5000 damage?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

radar,9km

range, 19km

do the math

you get smoke for a reason(to make it mind numbingly op) how the hell are you still dieing from BB shells, and if you get torped in your smoke, it's your own problem for having no situational awareness or takieing hydrohydrohydro

Edited by drakon233

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
5 minutes ago, SkyWarrior_109 said:

Quick question, what is the point of smoke when radar exists and destroyers can torp it from 10+ km away?

How is it's range good when battleships can still delete it at said range? Even glancing blows causing 5000 damage?

Stay back. Smoke-shoot-move.  Rinse and repeat.  MK gameplay in a nutshell

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Stay back. Smoke-shoot-move.  Rinse and repeat.  MK gameplay in a nutshell

with decent WASD you dont even need smoke, her rudder is IJN level decent

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

with decent WASD you dont even need smoke, her rudder is IJN level decent

With the rudder shift upgrade her rudder shift time is 5.2 seconds.   Bloody fast

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

With the rudder shift upgrade her rudder shift time is 5.2 seconds.   Bloody fast

did you just quote me from my video lol?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lol.  nope.

kek, i said the exact same thing in the vid, she has the best firepower and what might be 2nd or 3rdrdrd best survivalbility in T8 CA/CLs 

Edited by drakon233

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i might have been saltier then i would have if the OP claimed another ship was bad, but MK was one.of my favorite ships and i dont like anyone even entertaining the idea that she is bad

Screenshot_20180110-090831.png

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

i'm sad, i wish i have the luck get a ship like kutuzov from a damn crate

now i'm damn salty

now i'm damn pissed

damn damn damn

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

If you could gift ships, you could have mine.

Never leaves port.

Come to think of it, neither does my Belfast.....

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
9 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

If you could gift ships, you could have mine.

Never leaves port.

Come to think of it, neither does my Belfast.....

gimmie your'sss

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

To OP: honestly I checked your stats… And it seem that you don’t have a lot of experience with high tier cruisers, and I would suggest refrain from taking a ship far beyond your tech tree tier into random or other competitive scenario.

Another thing is that 10 points isn’t sufficient for Mikhail Kutuzov. 14 point or higher is highly advised, with superintendent concealment expert and inertia fuse for HE shells as must have. Also I recommend having the 1M slot loaded with acceleration mod, this would help mitigate the ship’s problematic acceleration, coupled with the excellent rudder shift time and fairly good radius, such build is highly maneuverable. It is a fragile ship as you have found out, so take full advantage of that range and maneuverability. Good gunnery is a must for MK (and almost every other ship in game), but with the high RoF you can always make up for aiming mistakes with another salvo.