You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SkyWarrior_109

Operations : Can we please allow free queues

11 comments in this topic

11 posts
1,125 battles

I'm not too sure why we can't have free queues for all operations - it saves you from having to find more than four players (especially on a server as lowly populated as the Asia server) (running an op with only 4 ships is impossible) to try and complete the others.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the operations, but I believe they should be open to randoms instead of getting pigeonholed into one operation per week.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
42 minutes ago, SkyWarrior_109 said:

I'm not too sure why we can't have free queues for all operations - it saves you from having to find more than four players (especially on a server as lowly populated as the Asia server) (running an op with only 4 ships is impossible) to try and complete the others.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the operations, but I believe they should be open to randoms instead of getting pigeonholed into one operation per week.

then everyone is in diffrent queues and no one gets inin

[BRU]
279 posts
2,064 battles
34 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

then everyone is in diffrent queues and no one gets inin

Yeah. Maybe this is why only one operation is available for randoms (aka random players waiting in scenario mode).

To OP, I think if all operations are available, population of players playing random battles would be reduced (except for those who are not playing tier 6 and 7 ships). This is because operations can sometimes be much more efficient for credit/xp/free xp grinding and captain training than randoms, where you can be blasted immediately by a higher tier ship, and did nothing. That's just my two cents though. :cap_book:

Edited by EJL

[BRU]
279 posts
2,064 battles
18 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I would be happy if they ran a different tier each week.

Yeah, at least give operations for more tiers, adjusting the difficulty of the current ones depending on the tier.

Though we'll see if they'll open more PvE stuff for more tiers as time goes by.

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
19 hours ago, SkyWarrior_109 said:

I'm not too sure why we can't have free queues for all operations

Even now with only one operation open, waiting time can be quite long, depending on the time of day.

Only one operation means everybody is pooled together.

I would also like to see operations using other tiers than T6 and T7.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,301 battles
4 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Even now with only one operation open, waiting time can be quite long, depending on the time of day.

Only one operation means everybody is pooled together.

I would also like to see operations using other tiers than T6 and T7.

I am one of the hopefuls to see more tiers in operations, but at the same time as well; I hope it stays only at 6s and 7s. 8 or 10 would be fine. 

You will see players who have no idea nor clue on how to play in random/rank battles due to them grinding purely on operations. 

1,007 posts
7,422 battles
18 hours ago, AkaNoPoi said:

You will see players who have no idea nor clue on how to play in random/rank battles due to them grinding purely on operations. 

So what? You could theoretically have players who play only co-op... but that's unlikely, fair enough. Or, you could meet a player in a T10 match who opened his account yesterday and bought himself an Atago or Tirpitz.

I would welcome and appreciate more T7/T8 operations, not everybody will agree.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I would love to see higher tier scenarios - but I fear WG refusing to do so since its quite profitable for a 4-5 star win with some flags.

But one can hope :)

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,109 battles

I think a better solution to what you're looking for is:

WG allows people to queue for Ops and it randoms what Op you get everytime.