Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

how to rekt saipan

14 comments in this topic

[LOLI]
61 posts
3,143 battles
7 minutes ago, erwinrommel666 said:

Haii,

I played a few battles against saipan with my kaga . I find saipans fighters have funny strafing . How do you avoid that?

Your inputs are greatly appreciated .

I found this extremly useful

Buy a Saipan yourself.Better with 10 skill points captain with her.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles
11 minutes ago, erwinrommel666 said:

Haii,

I played a few battles against saipan with my kaga . I find saipans fighters have funny strafing . How do you avoid that?

SAipan can exit strafe without losing a plane.

154 posts
4,084 battles
1 hour ago, erwinrommel666 said:

Haii,

Only play your Kaga in CO-OP, you'll never play against Saipan again.

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,623 battles

I sold all my VII CV's due to this OP strafe mechanic BS they introduced. only way around it if you dont want to become part of the problem.  I'm happy with tier VIII CV's anyhow.

165 posts
3,595 battles
15 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Only play your Kaga in CO-OP, you'll never play against Saipan again.

oy vey what are you saying

15 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

RUSH Saipan 

Just tell me the hell is this things weakness .

5 hours ago, MrPlow said:

I sold all my VII CV's due to this OP strafe mechanic BS they introduced. only way around it if you dont want to become part of the problem.  I'm happy with tier VIII CV's anyhow.

My Cvs are no sell outs uwu

Edited by erwinrommel666

154 posts
4,084 battles
3 hours ago, erwinrommel666 said:

Just tell me the hell is this things weakness .

It has absolutely no weakness against you unless the player controlling it is AFK or a potato. Either kite their fighters over friendly CA's while you hit the enemies BB's or play COOP and learn how to dodge strafes and perfect manual drops.

Also hope that you have a couple of Atlanta's in your team and not the enemies.

4 posts
3,230 battles

it gets worse when a saipan divisions with an atlanta AND a AA fiji. These tryhard divisions making games not fun for us aspiring cv captains :cap_viking:

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Saipan's only weakness imo is that the strike power isn't really scary. Saipan is more threat to enemy CV than against enemy surface ships. So as long as you don't get deplaned, you are fine. That means you need to dodge his fighter defense, which is hard cause of the speed. Use your fighters or DBs as sacrificial lambs if you have to unless you need them elsewhere. You have to make opening by drawing his fighters to false targets. Which isn't going to happen against clubbers btw.

Also you need to get better at selecting target and quickly getting off. You only get limited windows before his fighters reaches you.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,623 battles

Yeah icy summed it up.  But as the FT's are so fast, and TB's you also can't catch as they're too fast it's just boring gameplay.  and i play games for fun hence dont bother with tier VII anymore.  And of course most of the time when you vs a Saipan it's div'd with crazy AA ships and you have zero chance unless you also have a dedicated fishing div which I do not.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

Also as they are T9 planes, teh TBS are crazy strong, against T7/T8 AA they can pretty much get 100% of their planes through a BBs AA ( except maybe for the NC ).

But for chapter and verse on the Saipan - Farazelleth knows all

He has guides on every CV in game. Only problem is he makes it look oh so easy

https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth/videos

165 posts
3,595 battles
13 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

That means you need to dodge his fighter defense, which is hard cause of the speed. Use your fighters or DBs as sacrificial lambs if you have to unless you need them elsewhere

Thats exactly what I figured out after having played a dozen of battles against it .

Sign in to follow this