Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
n00b1e

Ranked Battles, let's review

14 comments in this topic

48 posts
6,328 battles

Hi, i'm starting this thread to share my ranked experience. i'm currently in rank 10 and finding it hard to uprank to rank 9 because of either being killed by a loyang sonar'ed me or being unassisted when capping. list of best performing ships in ranked (by n00b1e)

BB

• 1st: North Carolina/Alabama : three triple 16in guns with good armor make the best BB for holding cap/sniping, rarely see a NCAR or Alabama losing a 1v1 on another BB like amagi or bismarck
  • 2nd:Amagi : better mobility than US BB's but with rather unreliable gun dispersion, bad choice for holding cap and get sunk easily with focus fire by BB's
  • 3rd:Monarch : for those HE spammers who like to make people salty, the AP is unreliable for use againts BB and she will lose 1v1 with a NCAR/Alabama or Amagi used by a decent player at close range
  • 4th:Tirpitz : torpedoes makes up for the german gun dispersion, she is still a bad choice with the NCAR's and Amagi's around
  • 5th:Bismarck : bad gun accuracy and is not as agile like Amagi makes her the worst choice in my opinion, with the sniping fest worsening the situation for Bismarck and Tirpitz having torps making her rather outclassed

DD

• 1st:Loyang : the primary cap denier for capping DD's, seen Loyang players just stop and use smoke&hydro and spot you up, the hydro is the most dangerous part of this ship
  • 2nd:Kagero : long ranged torps make surviving easier in Kagero, unless you're the capping DD and the guns won't help at all in that case
  • 3rd:Kidd : the heal makes this DD a DD killer, but the single turret torps will make you useless againts a radar cruiser
  • 4th:Benson : decent torps and good guns, but outclassed by a dedicated DD like Loyang or Kagero 
  • 5th:Ognevoi?/Kiev : in this case this DD's are useless because of having the worst concealment

CA/CL's

• 1st:Chapayev : 4 triple 6in turrets, 11,7km radar, good HE to burn BB's, what more can you ask for ?
  • 2nd:New Orleans : a cruiser killer with good concealment to support DD's capping, hard using her to fight BB's
  • 3rd:Atago/ARP Takao : good torps and good guns, but fragile (seen many Atago/Takao in ranked)
  • 4th:Hipper : good armor, good guns, but no radar
  • 5th:Edinburgh : have radar, hydro, and good torps, good as a DD cap assist but with the BB's swamping ranked she's rather underpowered
  • 6th:Charles Martel: damage farming boat, rarely seen one contribute beyond surviving the battle
  • 7th:Mogami : need me to say anything ? bad reload, fragile, and bad torp placement

since i'd avoid CV's i can't comment on them

share your ranked experience and review mine.

thanks and have a lot of citadels ;P

Edited by n00b1e

980 posts
12,756 battles

Ranked is boring. 

You find a strong ship, and you stick to it. 

Then you play the same ship over and over again. 

Then you encounter the same enemies over and over again. 

And you encounter the same crappy potatoes over and over again. 

Then you fail to carry the heavy potatoes over and over again. 

So I play very little ranked every season over and over again. =D

48 posts
6,328 battles

problem is i'd rarely seen kidd in ranked, but if i seen it later on i'll update the list

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,546 battles

Mixed bag of ships. 

I have been playing nearly everything i own to see which ship has a winning formula.

Tried amagi, NC, alabama, titpitz, lo yang, martel, atago, kutozov, Chapayev, kidd, benson. 

Honestly there is no winning formula because the whole mode depends on how well the team players. 

You need to support each other in this mode. 

I will be trying a few other things and I think I have worked out a plan. Hopefully I can climb steadily now in the top ranked gamed. 

48 posts
6,328 battles
35 minutes ago, Will_Lee01 said:

Everything else is fine

BUT

What about Mikhail Kutuzov?

Around a hipper with smoke ? She's easy prey to radar boats

406 posts
7,285 battles

Ranked is horrible. Also If you checked Ranked stats I think you will find NC is a lot lower down the list. Ranked wont be any good on any tier until they get rid of Premium ships in it.

[LOLI]
63 posts
3,343 battles
1 hour ago, n00b1e said:

Around a hipper with smoke ? She's easy prey to radar boats

Nope,I think Hipper's DPM is much lower.

And Kutuzov do have 19km shooting range,I think she's annoying enough for BB players.

1,105 posts

man! YOU FORGET PAN ASIA DD! yes they are rarely seen, but when a DD equip radar....

also the list of CA/CL is wrong!

1st: Chapayev, because 11.7km radar. the damage is pretty neat

2nd: Charles Martel, currently T8 strongest cruiser.... even 15k HP martel can rekt full HP atago with heal in dogfight less than 14km. 

3rd: Atago/Takao , no need to tell.....

4th: new orlean,  yes it got radar... BUT SHORTER range and usually got killed easily....its also weak ship againt another Ca

5th: edinburg, no comment

6th: hipper, good armor+HP, BUT GUN IS SHEET!

7th: lelgami...... who use this ship??

4 hours ago, n00b1e said:

• 1st:Chapayev : 4 triple 6in turrets, 11,7km radar, good HE to burn BB's, what more can you ask for ?
  • 2nd:New Orleans : a cruiser killer with good concealment to support DD's capping, hard using her to fight BB's
  • 3rd:Atago/ARP Takao : good torps and good guns, but fragile (seen many Atago/Takao in ranked)
  • 5th:Edinburgh : have radar, hydro, and good torps, good as a DD cap assist but with the BB's swamping ranked she's rather underpowered
  • 6th:Charles Martel: damage farming boat, rarely seen one contribute beyond surviving the battle
  • 7th:Mogami : need me to say anything ? bad reload, fragile, and bad torp placement

people is forget 1 thing in ranked, DAMAGE is more important than a CAP. only 7 ship! just be honest here, i fail to win mostly because ENEMY HAVE CHARLES MARTEL TOO! i am better facing 3 new orlean/chapayev rather than 1 charles martel.... in the good hand, Charles Martel basically can destroy the entire team...

i remember there is 1 chapayev and  neworlean with 3/4HP in my team trying to pick a fight with enemy 1/2 HP charles martel..... result.... 2 my team ded....

[LOLI]
63 posts
3,343 battles
9 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

man! YOU FORGET PAN ASIA DD! yes they are rarely seen, but when a DD equip radar....

also the list of CA/CL is wrong!

1st: Chapayev, because 11.7km radar. the damage is pretty neat

2nd: Charles Martel, currently T8 strongest cruiser.... even 15k HP martel can rekt full HP atago with heal in dogfight less than 14km. 

3rd: Atago/Takao , no need to tell.....

4th: new orlean,  yes it got radar... BUT SHORTER range and usually got killed easily....its also weak ship againt another Ca

5th: edinburg, no comment

6th: hipper, good armor+HP, BUT GUN IS SHEET!

7th: lelgami...... who use this ship??

people is forget 1 thing in ranked, DAMAGE is more important than a CAP. only 7 ship! just be honest here, i fail to win mostly because ENEMY HAVE CHARLES MARTEL TOO! i am better facing 3 new orlean/chapayev rather than 1 charles martel.... in the good hand, Charles Martel basically can destroy the entire team...

i remember there is 1 chapayev and  neworlean with 3/4HP in my team trying to pick a fight with enemy 1/2 HP charles martel..... result.... 2 my team ded....

Actually people use Mogami in rank but not 203 version

155 version Mogami is acceptable,but actually still not as good as other ships.

Except Hipper class...

273 posts
1,235 battles
4 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Ranked is boring. 

You find a strong ship, and you stick to it. 

Then you play the same ship over and over again. 

Then you encounter the same enemies over and over again. 

And you encounter the same crappy potatoes over and over again. 

Then you fail to carry the heavy potatoes over and over again. 

So I play very little ranked every season over and over again. =D

Yup got to agree & i think this will be my last ranked battles. Just too much frustration over and over and over again. btw i am taking my med pills for high blood pressure so i will quit rank or else would get a stroke 

381 posts
9,976 battles
5 hours ago, n00b1e said:

Hi, i'm starting this thread to share my ranked experience. i'm currently in rank 10 and finding it hard to uprank to rank 9 because of either being killed by a loyang sonar'ed me or being unassisted when capping. list of best performing ships in ranked (by n00b1e)

BB

• 1st: North Carolina/Alabama : three triple 16in guns with good armor make the best BB for holding cap/sniping, rarely see a NCAR or Alabama losing a 1v1 on another BB like amagi or bismarck
  • 2nd:Amagi : better mobility than US BB's but with rather unreliable gun dispersion, bad choice for holding cap and get sunk easily with focus fire by BB's
  • 3rd:Monarch : for those HE spammers who like to make people salty, the AP is unreliable for use againts BB and she will lose 1v1 with a NCAR/Alabama or Amagi used by a decent player at close range
  • 4th:Tirpitz : torpedoes makes up for the german gun dispersion, she is still a bad choice with the NCAR's and Amagi's around
  • 5th:Bismarck : bad gun accuracy and is not as agile like Amagi makes her the worst choice in my opinion, with the sniping fest worsening the situation for Bismarck and Tirpitz having torps making her rather outclassed

DD

• 1st:Loyang : the primary cap denier for capping DD's, seen Loyang players just stop and use smoke&hydro and spot you up, the hydro is the most dangerous part of this ship
  • 2nd:Kagero : long ranged torps make surviving easier in Kagero, unless you're the capping DD and the guns won't help at all in that case
  • 3rd:Kidd : the heal makes this DD a DD killer, but the single turret torps will make you useless againts a radar cruiser
  • 4th:Benson : decent torps and good guns, but outclassed by a dedicated DD like Loyang or Kagero 
  • 5th:Ognevoi?/Kiev : in this case this DD's are useless because of having the worst concealment

CA/CL's

since i'd avoid CV's i can't comment on them

share your ranked experience and review mine.

thanks and have a lot of citadels ;P

My thought: 

BB: Amagi has better protection against AP than NC and its dispersion is just as good. I'm not sure what makes you think its guns are unreliable. NC/Alabama is still the more suitable choice though because ranked does not require you to travel as much as in random so Amagi kiting strength is reduced. Monarch =< Tirpitz/Bismarck because ranked matches are usually not long enough for fire damage to make an impact.

DD: Kagero < Benson <= Kidd. The new distribution of cap points on most maps make it very difficult to win without having caps, and Kagero is simply not good at capping. Kagero also only has 0,8km more range on torps so the advantage is negligible. 

CA: Everything >>>> Hipper. NO = Edinburgh. Also Atago/Takao has quite good survivability unless the player is bad.

Sign in to follow this