LurkingDeath

Come on WG, is this even THAT sensitve?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
2,649 battles

Disputing a Moderator / GM / Admin Decision,  User Warned

If you wish for this to be reviewed, please contact support, the forums are not the place for this, additionally locking this thread and moving it to the appropriate section.
~tc1259

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i got banned for 14 days for saying someone was "acting stupid", just that. i say the mods are being biased but they control the power, so just deal with it or just go take it up with customer support, not that they'll do anything either ways since rhey are just as biased

Updated thread to remove the quote
~tc1259

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Double standards.

They allow abuse of players, players ramming into allies & firing at them, negative karma for a job well done. All seem's a bit hypocritical too me.

~tc1259

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

and dont forget ignoreing "general insuts" on the forum and chooseing to ban people who rebut to those insults

~tc1259

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

The only thing I see that might be picked on properly is bypassing the swear word filter.The monkeys comment I don't feel is anything out of the ordinary.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

IMO technically the monkey thing is a insult. Remember how Darwin's head was placed on the body of a monkey for his evolution theory?

But frankly, the marketing and devs deserve that insult. The marketing department’s ability to fine tune the grinding curve has devolved, from the Spee campaign’s "pay for a easy full complete, but still amply rewarded for simply grinding"(I only paid for a month's prem account last year, and even without heavy grinding I managed to get everything except the Tirpitz alt camo. AFAIK almost everyone who grinded the Spee campaign felt it worth the time, albeit some dislike Spee's performance) to DoY campaign's "hell go pay or go suffer". And the devs lost their ability to scratch their head and double check the criteria and description to see if they match, not to mention some very unreasonable criteria.(75k EXP in one match? why don’t you devs go play the game and demonstrate how to do that?)

Wargaming failed to do things properly this time, so they should take the blames and insults that come as a result.

Oh yeah… The mods have…

POWER!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,501 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

IMO technically the monkey thing is a insult. Remember how Darwin's head was placed on the body of a monkey for his evolution theory?

But frankly, the marketing and devs deserve that insult. The marketing department’s ability to fine tune the grinding curve has devolved, from the Spee campaign’s "pay for a easy full complete, but still amply rewarded for simply grinding"(I only paid for a month's prem account last year, and even without heavy grinding I managed to get everything except the Tirpitz alt camo. AFAIK almost everyone who grinded the Spee campaign felt it worth the time, albeit some dislike Spee's performance) to DoY campaign's "hell go pay or go suffer". And the devs lost their ability to scratch their head and double check the criteria and description to see if they match, not to mention some very unreasonable criteria.(75k EXP in one match? why don’t you devs go play the game and demonstrate how to do that?)

Wargaming failed to do things properly this time, so they should take the blames and insults that come as a result.

Um, pretty sure the 75k is across multiple battles. The mission is bugged right now and not logging progress. If a task has to be completed in a single battle, the task notes say that explicitly.

But your point re grinding is a fair one, but remember the reward is a T7 prem, so WG aren't gonna make it easy.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles
2 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

Um, pretty sure the 75k is across multiple battles. The mission is bugged right now and not logging progress. If a task has to be completed in a single battle, the task notes say that explicitly.

But your point re grinding is a fair one, but remember the reward is a T7 prem, so WG aren't gonna make it easy.

Sometimes progress bars get stuck and you need to log out and re-log in to get them updated.

3 hours ago, LurkingDeath said:

I mean, I may be using some foul language, but that was never directed at anyone. If you really consider monkeys are an insult, then stop making such elemental errors while putting out quests that are time limited.

Welp, there's your confession of using foul language. Also, it is clear that you used Monkey as an insult here, I don't think you were praising the officials with the word "monkeys" so stop acting like a child. You are free to talk like that in other places, but when the channels are moderated by WG, their rules will be followed, you like it or not. Better to stay safe and not use bad words in moderated channels. WG is known for kicking out CCs and STs for using bad words directed to the staffs, your chat ban is nothing compared to that. And you cannot hide behind "not directing to anyone", that means you directed the insults to all of them.

Also, it's just chatbans. Infact you disagreeing with mod decision in forum thread is also eligible for a thread lockdown. Just saying.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
24 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

1.the actual programmed criteria IS 75k in A SINGLE BATTLE, the CN server marketing team contacted the devs and confirmed that

2.common sense that criteria should be across any amount of battles, but the program actually goes "a single battle". Simply put, criteria is wrong and the description does not match. Similar bug happens in phase IV, the disable/destroy three turrets is programmed "in one battle" but superficially nothing indicated this.

3.compare this year's reward prem with last year's. Spee was a completely new model, has a very unique play style, took the devs quite a while to balance, has completely new gun ballistics (No, they are not Scharnhorst guns, not in game not historically. And I personally feel that fine tuning a gun arc is a hard task, as the air drag coeff usually has a freaking four digits) DoY model was a leftover from RN BB development(KGV in one WiP status had no aviation equipment), was basically KGV with slight data change, is not very competitive(over nerfed). I actually paid for the ship, yes I bought the ship with real money, and I still believe the grinding should be easier.

In case you feel that DoY is not the same model as KGV and should be considered work hour. In the KM BB line, a few ships have different models for different hulls. That includes König and Bayern, especially Bayern.(does Kaiser has a different model? I can’t remember) that means there are 10(11?) different models for KM BB tech tree.(no Scharnhorst is not the same model as Gneisenau, they did pay attention to the bow extension planned for the reconstruction) None of the RN BB line has that, and Monarch is only a remasted KGV, including DoY that would be 8.5 models.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

2.common sense that criteria should be across any amount of battles, but the program actually goes "a single battle". Simply put, criteria is wrong and the description does not match. Similar bug happens in phase IV, the disable/destroy three turrets is programmed "in one battle" but superficially nothing indicated this.

Yep, I think ninja fix incoming.

3.compare this year's reward prem with last year's. Spee was a completely new model, has a very unique play style, took the devs quite a while to balance, has completely new gun ballistics (No, they are not Scharnhorst guns, not in game not historically. And I personally feel that fine tuning a gun arc is a hard task, as the air drag coeff usually has a freaking four digits) DoY model was a leftover from RN BB development(KGV in one WiP status had no aviation equipment), was basically KGV with slight data change, is not very competitive(over nerfed). I actually paid for the ship, yes I bought the ship with real money, and I still believe the grinding should be easier.

Couldn't agree more. Just because you are giving something for free, doesn't mean you have to put the players through this much stress. Specially when the amount of work put into this doesn't really relate.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

1.the actual programmed criteria IS 75k in A SINGLE BATTLE, the CN server marketing team contacted the devs and confirmed that

If the Duke of York has premium bonus exp and credits unlike the Graf Spee then i don't really mind the grind.

But if not...

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
4 minutes ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

If the Duke of York has premium bonus exp and credits unlike the Graf Spee then i don't really mind the grind.

But if not...

I think DoY has extra economy values, based on my recent Narai scenario games. But trust me, it just isn’t worth all that much grind.