You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GRADAN31

WoWS Discount History (updated 08/12/2018)

15 comments in this topic

265 posts
4,714 battles

Comments for upcoming/ongoing events:

1. Thanks for coming, this thread will most likely be history(no prediction, for reference only). Feel free to leave a comment.

Past/ongoing events (as of 08/12/2018)

Event Date from Date till consumable Port Slot Upgrade Commander skill redistribute Commander Retraining tier2-3 tier4-5 tier 6-7 tier 8-10 FEXP Comments/URL
Weekend Candies 07/12/2018 10/12/2018       60% 50% Doubloon          
Clan battle free redistribute 28/11/2018 04/12/2018       100%             Condition: play 1 clan battle. https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-0711-rule-britannia/
Black Friday 22/11/2018 26/11/2018 60% 50% 50%     50% (US) 50% (US) 30% (US) 15% (US)  
Doubloons discount for Texas, Sims, Indianapolis, Kidd, Alabama. -50% Economic Signals. -60% Type 1,2,5,6,59 camo. https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/black-friday/

Note: certain links are not working after WG changed the name of their sections, e.g. "specials-and-events" to "sales-and-deals".

Note 2: WG started to remove the old discounts in Aug missions onwards. WG is releasing the deals per week instead of per month, and deleting the old deals in the same post.

Note 3: Since the new clan naval base update in 0.7.9 (https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/new-clan-base/), your clan can upgrade the "Shipbuilding Yard" to get up to 15% permanent discount on ships. This makes waiting for ship discount on tier 8-10 ships irrelevant, another way of telling you to join a clan.

----------------------------------------------------------------我是分界线---------------------------------------------------------

Story: I have created/compiled a list of discounts happened since August 2016. This is for those who want to plan/predict when they want to buy their ship/upgrades/etc.
This list tracks discounts on consumable, port slot, upgrade, ship and free exp conversion only. Sources are from wows website and personal experience (sometimes WG do not tell you that there is a discount). I also missed out on some (e.g. there was an upgrade discount during the hunt for Bismarck, but I cannot find the link, I remembered because I bought my Baltimore during June 2017 for the upgrade discount).

Feel free to contribute to the table by informing me in the forum on the events I missed/wrong info.

Link here for the full history:

Spoiler

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WAlPIVZMMN2go3sAAEY6VpkzCyK2G-H13qYPB_YAADk/edit?usp=sharing

Some notations:

Countries Short term
US USN
Japan IJN
USSR VMF (Voyenno-morskoy flot or Военно-Морской Флот )
German KM (Kriegsmarine)
British RN (Royal Navy)
Pan Asian PA
Italian RM (Regia Marina)
French MN (Marine Nationale, old LA)

following the convention by WG: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/wows-glossary/

Here for the changelog:

Spoiler

08/12/2018 - Weekend Candies and comments

25/11/2018 - black friday discount

20/11/2018 - updated comments to include free commander reset for those participated in season 4 clan battles

12/10/2018 - updated mission for British Power

05/10/2018 - Added details for current weekend mission. Added new notes. Added some laziness.

29/09/2018 - Added details for current weekend mission

14/09/2018 - Added details for WoWS Anniversary and comments 

26/08/2018 - Edited the details for the current weekend discount

24/08/2018 - Added weekend mission

22/08/2018 - Added note about the change in URL in WoWS website

18/08/2018 - Added another weekend mission

------------------------------------did not record the previous changes ------------------------------------------

Edited by GRADAN31
see changelog

265 posts
4,714 battles
1 minute ago, MatterCore said:

Lunar New Year :fish_viking:

do you have the link to the discount announcement page? I assume you meant the current premium ship discount

[LBAS]
4,568 posts
25,961 battles
12 minutes ago, GRADAN31 said:

do you have the link to the discount announcement page? I assume you meant the current premium ship discount

remember 2017 Lunar New Year

2018 Lunar New Year about 28 days to go << prepare

265 posts
4,714 battles
24 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

remember 2017 Lunar New Year

2018 Lunar New Year about 28 days to go << prepare

Oh, thought you have info on the current premium ship discount in game. I did not see any discount during last Lunar New Year though.

2,246 posts
13,931 battles

There have been many, many more than the list states. I can't name them all but as someone who pretty much only ever buys anything when it is on discount I can tell you I haven't had to wait long between purchases.

265 posts
4,714 battles
On 1/7/2018 at 11:15 PM, keskparane said:

There have been many, many more than the list states. I can't name them all but as someone who pretty much only ever buys anything when it is on discount I can tell you I haven't had to wait long between purchases.

I felt that there are too many hidden discounts, that is why i want to track them and see. I am also the kind of person that buy ships/upgrades only during discounts.

347 posts
4,845 battles

You and 90% of the player base, explaining why the WoWS virtual economy is set up the way it is. All WG is really interested in is $$/transaction however, which explains why the "discount" is usually a bundle with sweeteners like doubloons or a 10 point captain. You pay more for the premium ship, but still feel you got a deal.

That said I'm seeing 30% discounts on ships like Scharnhorst currently, Dunkerque also... no bundle. So... yay? [Looks pointedly at shiny new Scharny in port...]

265 posts
4,714 battles
16 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

You and 90% of the player base, explaining why the WoWS virtual economy is set up the way it is. All WG is really interested in is $$/transaction however, which explains why the "discount" is usually a bundle with sweeteners like doubloons or a 10 point captain. You pay more for the premium ship, but still feel you got a deal.

That said I'm seeing 30% discounts on ships like Scharnhorst currently, Dunkerque also... no bundle. So... yay? [Looks pointedly at shiny new Scharny in port...]

If you are referring to the premium shop, then I do not track there. I prefer to use credits instead of money (i.e. never bought a premium ship, yet). 

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,881 battles

Usually

they discount when

1. Anniversy of wows (1st July or September idk, OBT in process and full OBT)

2.new year(discount everything they can)

3.up to wg

how much?

t2-5 50%

t6-7 30%

t8-10 15%

upgrade 50% and demount

consumables 80%

265 posts
4,714 battles
On 4/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Dunno if someone can still read this post or not,when will the UK weekend come?

maybe there will be a general discount during labour day like last year.

265 posts
4,714 battles

Updated on 01/07/2018. Just want to post a comment to see if I get notification, since I only edit the original post for new updates.