Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
swap1997

Status of Missouri after replacement by Musashi?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
66 posts
4,895 battles

Just had a doubt, for existing players who got the Missouri, and those who will rush to "buy" her just before patch 7.2, would she retain her credit making capabilities even after being Replaced by the Musashi? And what of the Musashi then? would she also harvest credits like Missouri?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
405 posts
9,154 battles

Not sure if players are getting paranoid but there are already some reports on Missouri's credit bonus amount being lower than the daily usual from Reddit/NA forums recently, I won't be surprised if WG being shady & nerfed some of the credit bonus since it was way too effective in buying/funding higher tier ships without permanent camos & still using full premium consumables without going into the red... that is why we are saying bye bye to mother lode Missouri & here comes an over glorified inferior credit farming machine called Musashi. =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

@swap1997, you just won't be able to buy her from tech tree, apart from that nothing should be changed. She is a premium and will remain so. And I'm pretty sure WG will keep rotating them time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LN]
Member
143 posts
10,112 battles
3 hours ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

Not sure if players are getting paranoid but there are already some reports on Missouri's credit bonus amount being lower than the daily usual from Reddit/NA forums recently, I won't be surprised if WG being shady & nerfed some of the credit bonus since it was way too effective in buying/funding higher tier ships without permanent camos & still using full premium consumables without going into the red... that is why we are saying bye bye to mother lode Missouri & here comes an over glorified inferior credit farming machine called Musashi. =/

I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LYNMF]
Member
463 posts
10,375 battles

they wouldn't dare !!!!

to nerf a premium ship will incur the wrath of many 

and not few people actually pay real money to get her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

They might not be able to nerf her combat parameters , but the economy side is a whole different article.

Missouri is already OP as it is , and so is the upcoming Musashi with its current ST stats. A fricken Yamato 1 tier lower for minor trade offs ( currently) is not to be underestimated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
3 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

They might not be able to nerf her combat parameters , but the economy side is a whole different article.

Missouri is already OP as it is , and so is the upcoming Musashi with its current ST stats. A fricken Yamato 1 tier lower for minor trade offs ( currently) is not to be underestimated.

Minor trade offs you say....

Please, do go on....

WG have mentioned numerous times, that they will try not alter premium content due to almost imminent backlash.

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
66 posts
4,895 battles

Got the Missouri yesterday after reading the comments, however due to me having a Premium account or perhaps because it might have been nerfed, I only netted in about 200k-250k credits in each of the 4 games I had in her, so is it necessary for me to have a premium account to harvest 1 million credits for any decent game? @icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,482 battles

I'd be cautious assuming that the Missouri will be treated as a normal premium and so be immune to the nerf bat. As it was possible to grind her for 'free' ( I did) and that she was never actually offered for sale directly in the shop, WG could be cute. But stats like XP / credit multipliers are hidden, so WG might feel free to change those. But these multipliers aren't what make her so powerful

Yes a lot of people bought dubloons to covert XP, but they bought dubloons, not the the Mighty Mo directly.

I would be very surprised if she was nerfed; it would be a huge PR blunder if it happened. But the terms 'WG and 'good PR' probably don't belong in the same sentence...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles

I believe they will nerf the Missouri's credit earning ability so that Musashi will have the stronger credit earning ability.

The reason for that would be to encourage people to pay the 920k FXP, meaning we will have to spend more FXP to buy the Musashi. This translates to WG earning more money, whereas if players buy the Missouri then WG earns less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,482 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Has anyone managed to include a shred of evidence that this will happen or just posting for the sake of fuelling the rumour mill.

That's one of them rhetorical questions, init? 

But yes suggesting they will the nerf Mo's credit potential to boost Musashi sales, that's a bit of a stretch. 

Just for laugh I just did a quick work out, and for 920K free XP I think you can unlock every IJN BB from the Fuso up ( doing hulls only, not engines, fire control etc). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
11 hours ago, swap1997 said:

Got the Missouri yesterday after reading the comments, however due to me having a Premium account or perhaps because it might have been nerfed, I only netted in about 200k-250k credits in each of the 4 games I had in her, so is it necessary for me to have a premium account to harvest 1 million credits for any decent game? @icy_phoenix

Yes, usually you need premium account and the credit flags. 250k net is still not bad. Iowa would give you 25k or even less..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,459 battles
19 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Has anyone managed to include a shred of evidence that this will happen or just posting for the sake of fuelling the rumour mill.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Rumors, concerns, but nothing more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,965 battles
On 1/9/2018 at 4:26 AM, swap1997 said:

Got the Missouri yesterday after reading the comments, however due to me having a Premium account or perhaps because it might have been nerfed, I only netted in about 200k-250k credits in each of the 4 games I had in her, so is it necessary for me to have a premium account to harvest 1 million credits for any decent game? @icy_phoenix

Premium helps, but the extra credit flags and camos are what make a big difference, especially with premium.

Crappy players can get 1 mil per game. Good players should expect a lot more. All depending on your flags etc.

I used my Mighty Mo to farm a lot of the campaign missions 'earn 3 mil credits'

 

So... like 2 maybe 3 games in Mighty Mo and challenge completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
On 1/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, MyFranTheDevil said:

Not sure if players are getting paranoid but there are already some reports on Missouri's credit bonus amount being lower than the daily usual from Reddit/NA forums recently, I won't be surprised if WG being shady & nerfed some of the credit bonus since it was way too effective in buying/funding higher tier ships without permanent camos & still using full premium consumables without going into the red... that is why we are saying bye bye to mother lode Missouri & here comes an over glorified inferior credit farming machine called Musashi. =/

On 1/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Has anyone managed to include a shred of evidence that this will happen or just posting for the sake of fuelling the rumour mill.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:56 AM, PeterMoe1963 said:

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Rumors, concerns, but nothing more.

 

I dont play much, just for fun only no care about credits

>> Coop test today

shot-18.01.11_22.31.20-0260.jpg

shot-18.01.11_22.31.29-0935.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×