Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TakemoriKohoto

Should i choose IJN or KMS

14 comments in this topic

70 posts
1,735 battles

Well i play for like 1K battle but i still wondering should i choose IJN or KMS 

whatwiththenagato.wowsreplay

the fun start around 17 min, when people start to yell at me for being stupid i honestly dunno if im wrong or right 

sorry forgot to screenshot the result 

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

IJN...

Guessing you're talking about BBs...

I find the KM dispersion disgustingly bad, haven't tried Bismarck yet (it's in my port) but Gneisenau was just painful.

But I prefer the bigger/more guns.

Scharnhorst is good but it's just a huge CA...

70 posts
1,735 battles
3 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

IJN...

Guessing you're talking about BBs...

I find the KM dispersion disgustingly bad, haven't tried Bismarck yet (it's in my port) but Gneisenau was just painful.

But I prefer the bigger/more guns.

Scharnhorst is good but it's just a huge CA...

well range is nothing cuz i always do ramming 

154 posts
4,084 battles
2 hours ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

Ramming isn't always the best strategy but it you want to get to the target fast then KM, the IJN BB's after Kongo are much better at dropping shells from the other side of the map, KM ships after Bayern become relatively fast, though their reverse speed is the worst I've played in a BB.

481 posts
7,606 battles
5 hours ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

Well i play for like 1K battle but i still wondering should i choose IJN or KMS 

whatwiththenagato.wowsreplay

the fun start around 17 min, when people start to yell at me for being stupid i honestly dunno if im wrong or right 

sorry forgot to screenshot the result 

Can't seem to offer feedback on your replay as I cannot view it. I get an xml error. Tried link on a couple of different browsers but no go.

I really liked the Kongo. I'm at the Fuso now and have just grinded enough xp to fully upgrade the ship. I like the ship and have enjoyable games where i personally am happy with my damage and kills but also my contribution to the team overall. For me personally I'm not 100% in love with the more sniper play style of the IJN BB. I much prefer being able to actively contribute by getting more involved and brawling at closer ranges. Something that the IJN line doesn't do well. My favourite BB in game are Tirpitz and Scharnhorst. Had many great games in them.

I prefer the KM line as i feel i can do more for the team as they allow me to play a more active role.

1,068 posts
3,845 battles
5 hours ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

Looks like you prefer to get close in,KMS is built for brawling,so you can do a lot of damage while going in for the ram!

Build them out for secondaries and you should be good.Also the Gneisenau,and the prems Scharnhorst and Tirpitz have torps for that extra sting when you get in close.

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

IJN doesn't have to sit at the back and snipe, in fact I'd argue that's exactly how NOT to play them.

Ideally you want to be 12-16km from the targeted enemy at which range you are deadly, IJN BBs can be surprisingly tanky if you angle correctly...

Point to note with Gneisenau and Scharnhorst is that they get set on fire rather easily.

154 posts
4,084 battles
1 minute ago, S4pp3R said:

IJN doesn't have to sit at the back and snipe, in fact I'd argue that's exactly how NOT to play them.

Ideally you want to be 12-16km from the targeted enemy at which range you are deadly, IJN BBs can be surprisingly tanky if you angle correctly...

Point to note with Gneisenau and Scharnhorst is that they get set on fire rather easily.

And Izumo and Yamato don't?

I'd argue that tier IX and tier X of the IJN line are well suited for sniping, Izumo's incredible dispersion and Yamato's range, while the KM's are heavy brawlers with very tanky armour.

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles
59 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

And Izumo and Yamato don't?

I'd argue that tier IX and tier X of the IJN line are well suited for sniping, Izumo's incredible dispersion and Yamato's range, while the KM's are heavy brawlers with very tanky armour.

Yeah depends an how you define sniping... If you mean sitting at 20+km, no.

If you run concealment build on both you can get much closer, increasing the chance of big damage.

Obviously depends on the situation but camping miles away only reduces your chance of hitting and the enemy has more time to WASD hack.

496 posts
4,163 battles

KMS or IJN for BB is really obvious in a sense for gameplay style 
its either close range tank , dd support + pushing
or
Medium to long range sniping (typical failures) *cough* medium to long range fire support 

but i failed at every bb style so i feed games

Edited by ShiraYukira

154 posts
4,084 battles
3 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yeah depends an how you define sniping... If you mean sitting at 20+km, no.

If you run concealment build on both you can get much closer, increasing the chance of big damage.

Obviously depends on the situation but camping miles away only reduces your chance of hitting and the enemy has more time to WASD hack.

Of course sitting at max range is pointless for both, but it could be said that moving into medium range with Yamato's relatively poor HP pool isn't always a good strategy. Izumo and her always need support from DDs to perform effectively at closer ranges, especially utilising smoke for concealment. While KM BB's can use their speed and heavy secondaries to pound cruisers and dd's out of the way, before getting in close with enemy BB's.

However, KM BB's have one major weakness, AP bombs. I've seen a well placed drop from an Enterprise delete a Bismark, their large citadels and AA are not enough to protect them from the USN DB's that they go up against.

Sign in to follow this