Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

2 Stars or 3 Stars. Make up your mind WG for Upcoming Campaign 5

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles

20180106003746_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

Mixed up or lots of Misinformation?

Don't end up like the Campaign 4 Mission 2 " Malfunction or Rekt 3 Main Guns in a Single Battle " Misinfo .

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,677 battles

2 star is only dumbass idea

stage 1 balance breaker with massive CA CL in queue

stage 4 with massive BB

stage 5 with DD

ruin ranked SS8 too

stupid campaigns

Spoiler

Edited by MatterCore

1,354 posts
8,881 battles

I think that video sums it up perfectly. The whole 5th stage is ridiculous.

Only 2 out of 4 tasks - the BB kills and exp ones - are feasible.

11 hits in a British ship is only doable in a Gallant unless you get really ballsy/lucky in your cruisers or something.

90k ship torp damage without flooding in a single game is virtually impossible unless you get lucky and detonate a full health BB, or the enemy team is full of brain-dead players sailing in straight lines.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
37 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

stage 4 with massive BB

stage 5 with DD

ruin ranked SS8 too

stupid campaigns

Reveal hidden contents

2 Star is stupid for 90k In Single Battle, I sucked in DD main.

14 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

11 hits in a British ship is only doable in a Gallant unless you get really ballsy/lucky in your cruisers or something.

90k ship torp damage without flooding in a single game is virtually impossible unless you get lucky and detonate a full health BB, or the enemy team is full of brain-dead players sailing in straight lines.

I dont like 90k Torp Bote

I can only use Gallant for 11 times.

I dont mind 75K Exp ( With Modifier )

I dont mind Downing a 10 BB

But in Conclusion I DONT LIKE 90K in Single Battles!

405 posts
9,173 battles
43 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Feasible but frustrating, missions like this only encourages kill steals & that 75k XP mission spam is pressuring you to waste premium time, signals & camos on ships that you don't wanna rush without 100-200% 1st win bonus... typical WG's way of "encouraging" players to spend more time for "free" stuff & makes you wonder if they even play their own game. :cap_popcorn:

1,354 posts
8,881 battles
45 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

But in Conclusion I DONT LIKE 90K in Single Battles

Yeah the task would be quite alright imo if it weren't for that single battle requirement.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
53 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah the task would be quite alright imo if it weren't for that single battle requirement.

That is fine without Single Battle Requirement but its only for those for LITES who do 90k.

[COAT]
1,186 posts
10,200 battles
8 小時前,MatterCore 說:

stage 4 with massive BB

stage 5 with DD

ruin ranked SS8 too

stupid campaigns

顯示隱藏的內容

And massive DoY at the end of campaign

183 posts
3,790 battles

All I know is that I'll get Baltimore(currently at Pensa) by finishing the campaign and I could farm free xp on the way. Thank god I got 14day prem time from the duke collection santa rewards.

354 posts
9,048 battles

The whole campaign is a bit underwhelming - I usually enjoy these things as a pleasant break from what can become a boring grind through endless similar battles, but here I am, faced with a mega-boring grind to 150k exp plus another 45k to finish mission 5 (unless I can get 40 bb kills) as I don't play dds (and I doubt I'd manage 90k dmg in 1 battle, wo flooding, even if I did). It wouldn't be so bad (but still boring) if it weren't for the time limit - which must severely impact much of the casual and semi-serious player base who've got many other things to do at this time of year and who, presumably, are the ones which WG would like to encourage into a greater commitment to their product. Surely a few more tasks with a bit more variation would not have been too hard to come up with - even if they only spent a couple of lunchtimes thinking it through.

Some other aspects of the campaign which I find a bit questionable are -

• Why require a DoY for some of the tasks - surely it makes more sense to require a Scharnhorst (as with Hood in the Bismarck campaign). If you're trying for a free DoY, you're unlikely to buy one to help you out (but you may well be tempted to cough up for the Scharn that you've always wanted).
  • What's with the 3pt commanders for the 6 free ships on offer. It always seemed to be 10 pointers for this kind of thing (Bismarck, Graf Spee, ARP, etc) and even low tier tubs like Mikasa had a 6 pointer available). This seems cheap to the point of being insulting.
  • The final prize at the end of all this pain seems to be just a regular prem camo for Scharn. It may look nice, but it doesn't seem to offer any special bonuses like the Tirpitz "Tarnanstrich" camo. It would be nice if it at least had a plus to credits, fxp or cmdr fxp which would really make the grind kinda worthwhile.

Anyway, I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth and do appreciate the chance to get a few freebies, but I was tricked by the Wiki entry for mission 5 and I'm not looking forward to the changed conditions. Rather than refreshing my interest in WoWS, I'll probably have to take a break after (if) I get through these campaigns (may be time for FarCry5).

405 posts
9,173 battles

@Moldavia you don't ever need to feel guilty/bad for complaining about "free" stuff when it's technically not free, to us players in F2P games time equals money... that's why we chose this kind of business model to begin with instead of P2P/B2P.

But obviously WG is taking advantage of that aspect by making missions as draggy as possible, F2P games cannot live on whales & unicum players alone... they need F2P players around so whales can show off their gold ships & unicums to boost their stats by stomping on newbies or players who don't abuse broken ships with super divisions.

Anyway this whole campaign is badly paced & the final missions are way too grindy making players losing interest for this game more, time & time again through different channels we told WG that pushing a player to play a different class/style for missions just makes the overall gaming experience for everyone plain bad but they still insisted on doing so.... the points listed above is just small "meat & bones" or "nuggets" to bait people into grinding for something they may not even use ever if you think hard enough heh. :cap_old:

*TLDR: Give in to WG's demands by opening up your wallets or just walk away from this game & enjoy real life outside*

Edited by MyFranTheDevil

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,677 battles
4 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

And massive DoY at the end of campaign

last night my team Izumo + Scharn + 3 KGVs vs enemy team Mimo + Scharn + 3 Duck of Joke s

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles

Okay WG better edit your Stars or Make 3 would be better. Don't mind the Mass DoY Bote, They are good meal to my Kaga.

I dont mind what to do with long missions but please remove that " Single Battle " Related to 90k Torp Damage. I dont know if flooding counts or not.

I want DoY because of that stupid New Year Raid that i wish i got the Chance to get New Mexico and Fushun Bote.

I am actually awfully bad at DD bote . I only had better capabilities in BB and CV.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

354 posts
9,048 battles
13 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

How about change that 90k damage task over any number of games, you know, the one that makes sense. Looks like have to spam gallant a lot.

That would make it too easy, unless it was also changed to be only for UK ships.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
27 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

How about change that 90k damage task over any number of games, you know, the one that makes sense. Looks like have to spam gallant a lot.

That would be fine for my Akatsuki. Hopefully it can be changed .

12 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

That would make it too easy, unless it was also changed to be only for UK ships.

This could really make non-DD main people really mad.

1,354 posts
8,881 battles
3 hours ago, Moldavia said:

What? No!

That would make it just as bad the 11 torp hits task - only feasible in a Gallant.

Anyway be prepared to see yoloing UK CLs in your games once the stage unlocks.

354 posts
9,048 battles
26 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

What? No!

That would make it just as bad the 11 torp hits task - only feasible in a Gallant.

I meant they wouldn't just drop the single battle requirement by itself or it would be too easy compared to the other tasks.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

What? No!

Edinburgh will Yolo.

50 posts
3,289 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I wouldn't mind that IF they add a task which is to destroy RN CLs/DDs...

Because what I would rather do is just ignore them and try to kill enemy BBs instead due to the other task. And I'm pretty sure I won't be the only person that will do it; leading to games being thrown.

What Wargaming really needs to do is balance the missions/ tasks, for example: Kill X CL/DD/CV using BBs.

And to balance it out: Kill X BBs using CL/DD/CV.

...Or just make damage tasks :Smile_great: which I find the most balanced. Helping the team to win and completing the task together.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Technically you have 9 days to do it. Just spam those 75k xp mission once its fixed, should take 3 days (along with BB kill or torp hit with gallant). So, if you can finish this in 5 days, still 4 days to finish the other campaign. That one is really easy, and lots of them only needs co-op.

I just need the stage where I get free QE. Have the other T6s already. But I have plans to do those to get some good amount of credits back.

Sign in to follow this