You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thyaliad

Priority Target bug or "quick scoping"?

11 comments in this topic

1,355 posts
8,888 battles

Now I know one way skilled players abuse enemy Priority Target is to not lock on until the very last second, fire off their shot, and then unlock, so an enemy relying on PT would not realise they were even being targeted unless they were paying extremely close attention to the indicator or their surroundings.

But is it possible to do it so fast until the PT indicator doesn't even register? Kinda like how Counter-Strike quick scoping works? You fire your sniper rifle the moment you hit the zoom button, so you benefit from the zoom's accuracy without actually having to zoom? In this case, you fire off your shot the moment you hit the X button.

Because I recently had a game where I shooting a Montana in my Ibuki with an enemy Yamato off to one flank. PT shows I wasn't being targeted, so I didn't WASD as much. Suddenly I took a bunch of damage from the Yammy, so I thought he was probably using the PT trick, so I had better keep my eyes on him. So I ended up trading shots with him for a few minutes, and I realised each time he fired, my PT indicator did not change - it stayed zero the entire way. Yet his shots had pretty good disperson - it did not fly all over the place, or fall ridiculous short or long like you would expect. So that means he locked on before he fired. Our duel was about 15-18km.

So I am just wondering if it was some sort of unicum quick-scoping skill? If it is, then it is probably the most skilled abuse of PT I have ever seen.

It could be a bug (I know PT often bugs out against bots in Coop and Scenarios) but I had a Charles Martel shooting at me later and PT worked for his shots.

Has anyone encountered something like this before?

1,105 posts

LOL i am the opposite, i am always PT a DD the moment its showed on the cap... even its 16km away or i am not really targeting it.... i wonder how panicked a DD the moment there is 5 or more aim.... btw nice share, i am going to abuse this too!

if this technique become mainstream, i am better keep concealed all the time....

ale, its look like incoming fire alert is become useless, 6 second before realize incomingfire? a BB shell is fast enough to travel 8 sec from 14~15km.... it mean you only 2 sectime to react.... very useless... in the end, camping and hiding is the best...

WG HATE WASD CRUISER! they want to make WoWs to worldofBB

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Could be targeting another ship and shooting you instead, still gets the accuracy benefit I believe. I've done that a few times to trick people (I think)

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles

Sometimes i tried to troll a Ship by spamming X Button on their enemy Bote when Performing DD.

( 1 ) ( 0 ) ( 1 ) ( 0 ) ( 1 ) ( 0 ) ( 1 ) ( 0 ) < For those who had that.

1,126 posts

well, to me personally, priority target is not important at all. I don't need to know how many ship are targeting me, just 'detected' icon alone is enough to send chill down my spine :D

but incoming fire alert is 'must have' in CA (and BB if I have enough point),

god know how many salvo I dodge because of this skill, it can change from instant deleted to miss all more time than I can count.

1,355 posts
8,888 battles
8 hours ago, FenrirApalis said:

Could be targeting another ship and shooting you instead, still gets the accuracy benefit I believe. I've done that a few times to trick people (I think)

There wasn't anybody else near me though. 

7 hours ago, PGM991 said:

well, to me personally, priority target is not important at all. I don't need to know how many ship are targeting me, just 'detected' icon alone is enough to send chill down my spine :D

but incoming fire alert is 'must have' in CA (and BB if I have enough point),

god know how many salvo I dodge because of this skill, it can change from instant deleted to miss all more time than I can count.

Personally I just use PT in a similar way as incoming fire alert when I am in my cruisers. If it goes up then I automatically assume I am going to be shot at and WASD more.

But if this PT bug/exploit/whatever becomes more prevalent then I may have to reconsider IFA...

That is assuming it is not affected as well... :fish_nerv:

Super Tester
7,582 posts
8,005 battles

@Thyaliad, one thing I do with high concealment cruisers is stay on torp mode, you don't register on enemy pt count if you are in torpedo mode.

But yeah, switching "X" quickly may result in pt counter not change due to lags and latency issues.

1,126 posts
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

you don't register on enemy pt count if you are in torpedo mode.

wait what!? really!? that's news to me.

I mean, these day when I'm play torpedo boat, I tend to lock launch and unlock as fast as possible to lure enemy into thinking that they safe

why?

because if you have PT skill and you being targeted for long time but no shell incoming, you ought to think that there's torpedo boat try to torp you right?

and main gun mode can only lock target within gun range but torpedo mode can lock at any distant in field of view.

but if torpedo mode don't register in PT, I can stop doing this =w=

Edited by PGM991

1,355 posts
8,888 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Thyaliad, one thing I do with high concealment cruisers is stay on torp mode, you don't register on enemy pt count if you are in torpedo mode.

But yeah, switching "X" quickly may result in pt counter not change due to lags and latency issues.

Ah so it was a lag issue then. Thanks.