You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

Torpedo Acceleration trait

17 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,655 battles

So I haveenough  spare points and I was thinking to get torpedo acceleration trait in commander skills ? Do you think it might come handy during manual torp drops as you could drop your torps from lil moar farther distance as extra speed should make up for the distance ? Please tell how would they work in case of both USN and IJN CVs as I play both on alternate days .

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,494 battles
Just now, erwinrommel666 said:

So I haveenough  spare points and I was thinking to get torpedo acceleration trait in commander skills ? Do you think it might come handy during manual torp drops as you could drop your torps from lil moar farther distance as extra speed should make up for the distance ? Please tell how would they work in case of both USN and IJN CVs as I play both on alternate days .

Both are must have, you can only reliably torp some of the faster ships with quick acceleration with it.

These include most dd, some cruisers and a few of the bb.

It allow you to counter WASD hax eployed by giving the enemy less time to react.

2,224 posts
13,741 battles

Without torpedo acceleration you can drop torps slightly closer. However I went and tested it and the difference is so small that it would very really ever pay off, and even then you would have to be risking beached or disarmed torps. Now counter that with the fact that some ships can outrun your torps without it makes it almost compulsory. Unless you were going to run a loadout without TB.

1,354 posts
8,888 battles

Its a pretty good for both IJN and USN CVs. Better for IJN since they can cross drop torps.

Though without TA you can afford to drop a bit closer to ensure more hits, as TA causes torps to travel faster but doesn't change arm time.

The choice is yours, though I would recommend TA. It is not as though there are any other good skills for CVs at that tier anyway.

220 posts
11,643 battles

personally i find it not that useful do to its slight acceleration and reduced range(in dds). Area denial actions are rather dangerous when you have to get closer to getting spotted by enemy dds just to have those torps bend their movement. 

1,105 posts
1 hour ago, Lowyat said:

personally i find it not that useful do to its slight acceleration and reduced range(in dds). Area denial actions are rather dangerous when you have to get closer to getting spotted by enemy dds just to have those torps bend their movement. 

man  its for CV, who DD use this skill?

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,494 battles
13 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

IJN, pan asia and US dd can consider the skill to make stupidly fast torp that are very hard to dodge.

A monster 81 knots will make most WASD hax next to impossible if one has the balls to get that close.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
409 posts
15,035 battles
53 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Gearing, of course.

That said, I can't think of another DD I'd have it on.

EDIT: Perhaps the Shimakaze if it gets the 20KM deep water torps...

Edited by Bex_o7

1,386 posts
8,249 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

AFAIK some people have their Shima type93+TA build, this retains considerable range while being more likely to hit than the stock type93. Still not recommended IMO.

Also Gearing can use TA, allows far more deadly torps with still respectable range.

But you are basically right, TA is rarely ever a choice for most DDs.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles

TA is also good for Duca D Aosta and Duca Degli Abruzzi for those had slow torp ( Long Range) but you need speed and dont mind the Decreased ranged.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
17 minutes ago, ShiraYukira said:

Type F3 with TA i wonder how fast it be :3

81kt 6.km range shima 5.9km concealment

505 posts
4,176 battles
On 1/6/2018 at 6:06 PM, drakon233 said:

81kt 6.km range shima 5.9km concealment

hmmm works well atleast you could still ninja torp but.... with so many radar ships its abit ughh XD

1,126 posts

shimakaze torp with TA is no-no

even with 12km torpedo, I remember Notser use to say that increasing 5 knot reduce 'reaction time' only 0.5 second

to sacrifice of 20% range for that 0.5 sec is not worth it at all.

and high tier these day are full of radar made even 10km from CA is still dangerous.

forget about using F3 with TA, 

they don't even need radar to spot you, catapult FT and spotter plane can spot you at that range.

I already try every build in shima =w='a (well.... except for gun boat build)

Edited by PGM991

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

With regards to TA on DDs, I actually have it on my Fubuki...

I still get a 2km spotted buffer and I don't see that many radar CL/As so I can just avoid them.

I know players that recommend it on 12km Shima and obviously some that don't reading above.

Personally whenever I eventually get around to push IJN DDs again I'll probs give it a go. Whatever works for you, right?

520 posts
11,127 battles

I have it on my Gearing captain.  Pretty cool! From 16km range to faster but still good 13km range.  I can actually torp more ships and give them less reaction time compared to if i had the longer ranged torps.