You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

how to reach rank 1?

42 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

well.... i dont do ranked for serious before. but after this 8th ranked show up, i am decide to do something. thanks to sheety MM mechanic + badluck RNG, i am screwed on random battle mostly of the time. no matter how hard carry, you can always get lose, that is why people called 55% WR is decent player. just be honest here, in other games i am the one who you called "anti - elitist/whale/P2W" player faction. the elitist usually its just bunch of noob whale but got P2W unlimited cash works.... that is why i am using shark pic as a symbol "i m going to eat the whale". shark is symbol of cheating "gameshark", in my other game, the cheater always beat the P2W full cash player. well, i am not use any cheat... they got easily banned. i am using something that the P2W player never have,.... its called "EFFORT". but WoWs is different, cash wont guarantee you to win! even if you on belfast or saipan.... if you noob you will be always noob no matter what ship and $$ you spend. that is why i like WoWs, even with shitty badluck MM & RNG.

well, my random stat is already screwed.... even if i already good on some ship, it will take loooong time before it fixed my screwed stat. but i have this idea, if i had hide my stat but i got high rank, people wont realize i am noob...... rank always pop-up after the battle end. something that i can proud :V

so today, 

finally reach rank 12 with 44% WR... the last match is so epic, enemy is ALMOST WIN, Kii and benson only have HP under 5K include me. enemy got 985 point and we just get 930. if everyone hide, absolutely lose.... everyone is under concealment.....  so the Kii with 4K HP open fire at Amagi with 17K HP.... lucky the enemy Amagi is still turning its main turret because enganging atago... without hesitation, ITS DO OR LOSE! i phew phew the amagi and its hit...... killing it before firing its main gun at our Kii with low HP. and now the point is turning...

26112326_532054370508137_913997768786265

LEL, ranked is so salty that i got chat banned because "noob-damned-noob-sheet" at my losing team before

26167432_532054293841478_678176294762111

this is point of NO RETURN! after rank 12, lose is lose and i will stuck at rank 12 if i cannt carry or get the highest XP earner!

i am playing the charles martel, fragile yet mobile and versatile cruiser.....

a) beside delete enemy DD or radar or AA ship, what is another threat for the team? 

b) there is too many BB in ranked, 4 BB is too much to destroy... and our BB is noob and SINK early -_- what should i do?

c) how to counter Lo Yang with Hydro? i am trying to warn our DD but it seems not work.... what should i do? i am also shoot at smoked lo yang and its somewhat hit, but enemy team kill our DD more faster....

d) enemy got GG shokaku but we only get mediocre lexington..... i try to cover some BB, but i cannt cover everyone... my AA range is only 5km -_-

e) any advice to reach rank 1 with charles martel? it seems NC+AA build is more reliable because good turret configuration and high concealment. Bismarck is not good for ranked. its tanky but dispersion is sheet! i only have Bismark and Charles Martel... using shokaku? no one Queue -_- 

455 posts
8,038 battles

How to counter lo yang? Play NO with hydro. Just avoid Cv in queue so you can sacrifice dfaa. Lo yang is as helpless as any other DD against you.

Or play chapayev if you can handle her well. Damage farming ships like Charles are only good for flanking and even then you must be skilled enough to win 1v1 fights with other cruisers.

Case in point: I have only 60% we in Takao in this ranked season even with high average damage and xp, most of the time top on team-win or lose.

NO on the other hand has 85% wr (over 20 games but still) but lower damage and usually not top xp because I spend most of the time denying caps without farming damage. 

Forget playing DDS if you don't have a lo yang or have godly skill in other DDS or trust your teams cruisers

or use yone tektics for ez rank1

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

Win rate doesn't matter much as long as you keep topping XP when you lose...

Goodluck, I'm stuck in the 10-11 bracket at the moment, hoping to get to at least rank 5 this season...

362 posts
3,693 battles

People are just too good in ranked. I seldom see this kind of standard in random plays

Edited by th3vikings

1,105 posts
6 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

or use yone tektics for ez rank1

best idea!

6 hours ago, PGM991 said:

just keep winning, just keep winning, just keep winning winning winning ~~~~~

good luck in rank bro, I'll watch from sideline.

join the ranked bro! there is plenty of reward including super upgrade at rank 5~2. i want that spood beest module upgrade, so if i got henry4, i will be awesome!

i already have most of upgrade like smoke or radar..... but where is the spood beest? i am regret not buying it when clash of element occur.

307 posts
6,414 battles

This season ranked is horrible, completely in the favour to Battleships who sit back and snipe (WongSongMing must be in his glory) :Smile_sceptic:, .  Open maps at best, does not encourage Cruisers and only 1 or 2 DD's far well and that is only for spotting and Radar advantages only.

Nearly every third game you see a BB player on the losing team BB ram another BB (even if it is just 1 ship down)

So the rules are simple for Ranked this season are as follows.

To be consistently moving forward on the rank levels :-

1/ Only take a BB out that can SNIPE miles away or if bored take out the Asian DD's only

2/ Hope that your team gets an early kill before you actually do anything

3/ Move up after your team is winning or losing

4/ If losing RAM another ship to get max points

5/ Don't bother with any other DD other than a Lo Yang

6/ Don't bother with a Cruiser

7/ Pretty much US or Japanese BB's is the only way to move forward

8/ Sit back and see what happens ....

9/ always go in reverse ....

10/ play boring tactics

11/ Don't be a team player .... its about not losing a star

12/ Don't listen to your team players for help

Success.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
33 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

This season ranked is horrible, completely in the favour to Battleships who sit back and snipe (WongSongMing must be in his glory) :Smile_sceptic:

actually, he's maining DDs

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,628 battles

sharkbait is the trumaster, im on the other hand rank 20

my fault not following sharkbait using radar on charles martel :Smile_sad:

273 posts
1,220 battles
7 hours ago, SlamUez said:

I was playing 30mins ago. 

Rank 10-5 have a game going. 

Nice :cap_look:...for me rank 8 to rank 12 back to rank 8 back to rank 12.....sigh....

imagine losing a match with 2 brain-dead lo yang when enemy team has only 1 kagero left...pissed

How to get rank 1 in chappy? every MM either with at least 2 brain-dead potatoes bb or dd. Hard life to win driving CA

Edited by Hey_Potato

319 posts
6,891 battles

In a battle we lost our 2 DD's very early on and one player just went to max range and farmed damage, this was literally 5 mins into the game. 

Safe to say we lost but that player didn't loose a star. :Smile-angry:

362 posts
3,693 battles

I was playing ranked earlier. Played a few rd against this guy who use NC shooting HE. Later part he came into my team and i told him omg why are you using he on NC??? After that he changed to ap....

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

It gets hard after that - more stars and far higher skill variations...

One match, everyone is a good player, next match you have 4 yolos...

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
16 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

same, last night for me 9-0 ,8-2  ,9-1 ,7-2, 8-1, goddamn noob DDs yoloing and CAs camping behind BBs

1,105 posts
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

you are right, no free/double star when you reach rank 10 -_-

2 noob BB is already bad, 4 Yolo maybe helpfull for high XP earner.... or enemy is to skilled

50 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

CAs camping behind BBs

its the right thing to do, Alabama and NC is too skilled to land citadel on any cruiser angle. i got citadeled from 20km even i dodge the shell.....

and Bismarck is ultimate trash, i show broadside to Bismarck at 9km.... he shot BUT ALL SHELL MISSED! whue?

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

same, last night for me 9-0 ,8-2  ,9-1 ,7-2, 8-1, goddamn noob DDs yoloing and CAs camping behind BBs

10-2

11-0

10-0

11-1

2,222 posts
13,730 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

What do those numbers represent? I can't work it out atm.

I agree last night was bad. The amount of wins thrown away. It hurt.

Beta Tester
911 posts

I have been on rank 7,6,5,6,7,6 back to 5.0 now all week.

Not unusual to have swings of 6 games of losses and 5 games of wins. 

Really depends on RNG. There are so many teribad players. 

Noob BBs that dont know where to go or how to position. So they go lemming. 

DDs that just fire on first sight and get smacked in first 2 mins of game. 

Solo DD in game that waste a smoke on other ships without realising how important they are for the whole game. 

Cap all 3 caps but lose to passive play later as ships dont know how to prioritise targets and finish things off. 

Teribad players getting 1 shotted 2 mins into game. 

BBs not assisting the DD on the first contest becausre their aim sucks. 

Bad players just farming dmg to not lose a star. 

List goes on. Wish i can now stay in the premier league so i dont have to deal with rank 10 teribads. 

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

I'm getting a little tired of idiots like the one in last game

"DD why did you leave B cap?"

I mean why wouldn't I stay there when detected by hydro, with a radar backup, and being shot at by a charles martel? These ppl need to learn other types.