Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

Manual Drops in CV and Strafing

10 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,641 battles

haii , happy new year yeah so back to my question

So finally I managed to unlock tier VI Independece and tier VI ryujo Now I am having  a lot of troubles doing manual torp drops and strafing . How do I improve them ? Also with ryujo my aircrafts totally get pwnd by the enemy independence in 1 2 2 mod . Using 3 1 1 mod I manage to get air superiority but it becomes pain in my ass to win a fight or do a decent amount of damage having just 1 torp bomber . Any inputs from your side will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
58 minutes ago, erwinrommel666 said:

Now I am having  a lot of troubles doing manual torp drops and strafing . How do I improve them

When you commit to a manual torpedo attack it is best to attack from an angle slightly less than 90deg to your target and not at an angle that is 90deg to your target. from my own experience attacking at an acute angle from your target means that IF your target does not evade they will take more torpedoes in their side as they travel forward, if they turn away they won't take as many but if they turn towards your torpedo bombers they will also take more than if they had turned away. So you tend to get more torpedo hits by attacking with a slight angle that is less than 90deg to your target. (I refer mainly to attacks against BB for this example).

As far as strafing goes there are many tricks you can try, first and fore most when you strafe ensure that your planes do not enter within the circular outline when you hold shift at the start of the strafe or they will circle around and this will indicate to your opponent that your planes are about to strafe. You will also find that IJN fighters strafe is a bit weaker than that of USN fighters a head on strafe won't work against USN fighters so attack at an angle to maximize the time that their planes are within the strafe path or attack from behind.

Practice first in PVE as much as needed until you feel comfortable with controlling your squadrons.

Edited by Epicurus_

165 posts
3,641 battles
6 minutes ago, Epicurus_ said:

Practice first in PVE as much as needed until you feel comfortable with controlling your squadrons.

Thanks for your inputs man but pardon my ignorance the hell is PVE ?

1,105 posts

tips for Ryujo 122 againts independence

- avoid dogfight with enemy independence

- you need to focus WHERE is enemy TB will come, its usually BB with weak AA or RNCL. intercept them with fighter

- USE DB to bait enemy fighter while your TB target something else... if the enemy chase your DB, it fell for your trap, DROP ALL THE BOMB AND RETURN. enemy fighter cannt chase a fast empty DB. if not, continue attack with DB. return 1 DB to ship and another DB will spot enemy CV.

- if enemy CV dont give a sheet, reload all DB....try to to rekt enemy CV with DB and force it to chase your DB

- remember, YOU just need to prevent enemy from spotting your DD and INTERCEPT ENEMY TB

tips for Ryujo 122 againts 311

- park your TB near AA ship or hide em somewhere, let the DB do the action!

- just prevent the single TB from attacking your team!

- try to use DB to directly attack enemy CV, it will force it to chase your DB

- empty and drop the bomb from DB if enemy fighter is almost chase your DB... they cannt catch fast DB

- if enemy use 3 fighter to chase empty DB, its bombing time using TB, if using 2 fighter... try to dogfight the single fighter and TB will do its works.

- split the group, dont stick it! you will get strafed!

tips for Independence

- play Ryujo instead, USN CV is for experienced player!

Sign in to follow this