You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wyvernslayer

Nelson VS Missouri

23 comments in this topic

12 posts
3,676 battles

I'm close to hitting 375k free xp and i was wondering should i get the Nelson or so i continue on and get the Missouri

any suggestions?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

You only have less than two months to get the Missouri.

If you can get to 750K in two months, then go for the Missouri.

If not, get the Nelson.

I have both, but I can say that I play the Missouri more than the Nelson.

312 posts
10,043 battles

nelson is a good battleship in her tier,
32mm weather deck, 406mm guns x9, solid belt, competitive max speed
until you meet CV

but but but but but but but but but but,
why buy nelson when you gotta get Duke of York soon?
try duke of york first before you decide

12 posts
3,676 battles

I have the duke of york pretty good ship though i dont actually like the 4 barrel they seem to spread the shot too much

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

I also have both and the Misery is just the ducks guts when it comes to a premium.   It generates everything.  Money, XP, Free XP,  Captain training.   The Nelson also does it, but just nowhere near as well. 

1,332 posts
8,817 battles

If you think you can grind up about 300k more free xp in about two months, then definitely go for the Missouri.

It is a real credit printer, plus goodness knows how long it will be before it comes back, if ever. And if it does come back, you can bet that it will cost more than the 750k free exp that it does now, since WG has said that in hindsight the Missouri was priced a bit too cheaply.

But if you don't think you can make it, and if you don't care for the Musashi, then go ahead and get the Nelson.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Nelson is pretty meh and only worth that much FXP when you have nothing to do better with those.

She is the weapon if choice both show off your wealthy smug face and seal club noobs, tier 7 is very special.

If you are not estranged by economical needs, she is just as fun as misery. But yeah, if you dont skip ships she is a fine investment.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

im curious how does turret layout like on nelson plays

guess better save up the xp to get nelson

I'd say they play really well, you can actually bring all three to your target without showing your full broadside. Best thing about nelson turret layout is, none of the turrets need to turn 360 when you try to change target from port to starboard and vice versa. Something the Izumo shouldve had.

186 posts
1,709 battles

I am wondering if wg are planning to do the same with Nelson as with Missouri at a later date. Perhaps replaced with Vanguard. That would be nice. But as Nelson is here, she can wait. I would grab "The mighty Mo" while one can. I certainly have. The others have given some pretty good reasons to do so.

Oh. Happy New Year to all.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,350 battles

since we're talking about the mehson and the misery, I just butt in for a sec

I already got the misery and luv it

now I'm closing in on the mehson with 20k fxp to go

but with DoY on the way and I already have the warspite and buyfast for RN trainers and scharny for sheer fun, should get the mehson just for "fun" ?!

Edited by blacknoheart

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
1 minute ago, blacknoheart said:

since we're talking about the mehson and the misery, I just butt in for a sec

I already got the misery and luv it

now I'm closing in on the mehson with 20k fxp to go

but with DoY on the way and I already have the warspite and buyfast for RN trainers and scharny for sheer fun, should get the mehson just for "fun" ?!

That is very dependant on your financial capability. Because musashi and roma , richieleu will be released soon and those 3 are good BB you might want to wait a bit b4 making a purchase.

But yeah, nelson is ton of fun as long as you angle right. 15 inches gun can cit pen straight through the bow mind you.

I have tanked a whole flank alone against 3 4 enemies and still have 75% hp due to the ridiculous heal. The only thing nelson need to be wary of is torpedoes and citadel protection

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,350 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

That is very dependant on your financial capability. Because musashi and roma , richieleu will be released soon and those 3 are good BB you might want to wait a bit b4 making a purchase.

But yeah, nelson is ton of fun as long as you angle right. 15 inches gun can cit pen straight through the bow mind you.

I have tanked a whole flank alone against 3 4 enemies and still have 75% hp due to the ridiculous heal. The only thing nelson need to be wary of is torpedoes and citadel protection

since i don't have any plan to buy anymore prem ships and I assume roma and richelieu have to be purchase with real money, that leave musashi as the sole object of question here

from your description of mehson, she's like a capable ship if play right though I must say I'm not really a fan of the style of play. but then again it looks like musashi plays a similar playstyle

think I'll wait for the DoY first before making the decision 

thanx for the answer

159 posts
5,676 battles

if you can get the 750k the get Big Mo, if not Nelson is actually a great ship, I really enjoy playing it, that super heal is hilarious, it basically brings you back from the dead, if you play it well opponents are in for a hell of a fright

326 posts
10,505 battles

I have both ship. 

And I will take Mighty Mo anytime. Get her while u can, u will never regret later..

Edited by ArchKongou