You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
swap1997

How to profitably play at T9 in a standard account.

13 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,895 battles

Hello all,

I am your average Joe who has a standard account and who deals decent damage and does the fair amount of necessary teamplay in order to win any battle. This type of playstyle however becomes extremely costly and loss incurring in terms of credits and the experince gained becomes lower at higher tier especially at T9 and T10. So is there any tips or tricks to improve gameplay in order to make T9 games more viable for a guy with a std. account?

455 posts
8,038 battles

There is no effective way of making a profit at that tier without using special camos or flags. You may break even or earn 10-20k if you play well but throw any expectations of making money in top tier games. Unless you have a Missouri which makes normal premium ship credit gains look like a joke

Just play high tiers for the sake of playing them well and grind out the credit cost at lower tiers

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Failproof : go hunt a freebie credit grinder premium ship during an event.

I had a graf spee, an october, shinonome and 4x kongo sisters to grind credits with if i had no other choice.

Also hunt freebies from public test is a good way to make credit and exp grinding less painful.

Now i have atleast 7 premium in ports ( not counting trashy tier 2 3 stuffs), credit problem cease to exist.

I mean if you could work part time and spend 40usd supporting the devs, it will make your games much more enjoyable. Not everyone is the same, so try to keep that mentality in mind and not playing for free all the time.

411 posts
6,164 battles

Alternatively, if you have a T10 ship that you like to play a lot, you can get a Permanent camo for it which will net you a lot of money even if you play average. I did that with my Moskva and whenever I need money or Elite exp, I play her...:Smile_Default:However, after getting Hindenburg I'm now enjoying it even more and will most probably get one for it too.... 

Super Tester
2,725 posts
9 hours ago, swap1997 said:

So is there any tips or tricks to improve gameplay in order to make T9 games more viable for a guy with a std. account?

- Mount signal flags with increase credit & reduce service cost bonus

- Mount ship camo with highest credit bonus

- Pick your best T9 ship you are comfortable (REALLY??) with.

- Tell your team to "GIT GUD".

- Give your best judgment in every combat situations of the battle.

- Use every experience you know & carry the battle.

Question is... will you get profit from T9 ship on a standard account? Probably? But not as big as you expect. But in long run, no it's not.

683 posts
7,347 battles

Not trying to discourage you, but frankly making credit profit in tier 9 and above (even with premium account) is very hard. 

If you love BB, especially Iowa/Montana guns, then Missouri is a good choice. Her credit printing ability is really good, and yes, she kinda helps me up to a point that I have no issue with credit, even if it means within a day a bought 2 tier 8 ships with all the upgrades.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Save up enough Free EXP for Missouri (soon to be replaced with Musashi for those who can't buy her within the next two patches) and profits.

Alternatively, play PTS and win 1-day premium to coup up some lost credits in live accounts.

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by _neppu

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

You can't play Tier IX for a long period of time and expect to make profit, that is unless you have a Mighty Mo (Which I'm guessing you don't).

Next question....

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

Played Yamato last night, no premium account, no credit flags, only used reduced service cost flag, standard camo. No mission reward, got 53k credits in income. I only did 140k damage.