Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kultabashi

Please Dont do this in Ranked

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
520 posts
11,135 battles

Sigh... Captains, please don't Farm for XP in ranked.  Bring your Best ship, in its best configuration with your best captain so you can contribute to your team with your best game play.  Many other captains are trying to carry, but if you don't do your share, its gonna be really hard.

Good luck out there.

Farming.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,240 posts
9,366 battles
1 hour ago, kultabashi said:

Sigh... Captains, please don't Farm for XP in ranked.  Bring your Best ship, in its best configuration with your best captain so you can contribute to your team with your best game play.  Many other captains are trying to carry, but if you don't do your share, its gonna be really hard.

Good luck out there.

Farming.png

I have only had a couple of ranked this season.

I agree with your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
406 posts
9,300 battles

It's the same for players bringing in below 10 points or untrained captains & stock ships without the optimal upgrades, end of the day I blame WG because they can force set some requirements before players joining Ranked Battles but nope... all these unbalances & frustration is caused by WG themselves so I won't blame the players anymore. :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,240 posts
9,366 battles
8 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

It's the same for players bringing in below 10 points or untrained captains & stock ships without the optimal upgrades, end of the day I blame WG because they can force set some requirements before players joining Ranked Battles but nope... all these unbalances & frustration is caused by WG themselves so I won't blame the players anymore. :cap_fainting:

It does seem reasonable to force some minimum conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
406 posts
9,300 battles
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

It does seem reasonable to force some minimum conditions.

It is 1000% reasonable & enforced in other competitive games to even out the playing field by gaming companies that have common sense & compassion for fellow gamers, but WG is doing it on purpose to pressure players into opening up their wallets needlessly... cannot take Ranked Battles seriously until WG decides to man up & fix some obvious mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
927 posts
15,576 battles

These potatos won't make it far.

When you see one change your play style in ranked. Observe if the team will likely make it for a win. If not change your style to farm damage and preserve your star. Wait for the potato to on the team and exploit them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
927 posts
15,576 battles

Won a few games in it. Top xp scorer. 

I stopped playing DDs, too many potato BB players. 

My skills better used playing a BB support class. Working well so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
250 posts
13,393 battles
8 hours ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

It is 1000% reasonable & enforced in other competitive games to even out the playing field by gaming companies that have common sense & compassion for fellow gamers, but WG is doing it on purpose to pressure players into opening up their wallets needlessly... cannot take Ranked Battles seriously until WG decides to man up & fix some obvious mistakes.

You need tinfoil hat?

Sorry but I don't buy the idea of gaming company forcing player to have a certain thing just to be able to play in certain game mode. Your ideas are absolute nonsense because you asked for excluding a player base to access a content

 

As for ranked imo

- best way to grind a stock ship

- Guarantee you don't have to be cannonfodder for T9/10

- fast gameplay

- it's not about skill only preservance, you grind enough you will get R1

- rewards aren't worth sanity you sacrificed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
406 posts
9,300 battles
5 minutes ago, New_Horizontal said:

You need tinfoil hat?

Sorry but I don't buy the idea of gaming company forcing player to have a certain thing just to be able to play in certain game mode. Your ideas are absolute nonsense because you asked for excluding a player base to access a content

 

As for ranked imo

- best way to grind a stock ship

- Guarantee you don't have to be cannonfodder for T9/10

- fast gameplay

- it's not about skill only preservance, you grind enough you will get R1

- rewards aren't worth sanity you sacrificed

Oh please~ I don't need a tinfoil hat when it is clear as day & I'm not selling anything to you, it's meant for players misdirecting their anger towards the wrong source.

But one thing I agree with you though, rank rewards are just not worth it anymore. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,240 posts
9,366 battles
34 minutes ago, New_Horizontal said:

You need tinfoil hat?

Sorry but I don't buy the idea of gaming company forcing player to have a certain thing just to be able to play in certain game mode. Your ideas are absolute nonsense because you asked for excluding a player base to access a content

 

As for ranked imo

- best way to grind a stock ship

- Guarantee you don't have to be cannonfodder for T9/10

- fast gameplay

- it's not about skill only preservance, you grind enough you will get R1

- rewards aren't worth sanity you sacrificed

I disagree with you.

I totally buy the idea of a slightly more exclusive game mode with even low to moderate prerequisites.

The idea of ranked battles is to take the game a wee bit more serious for a moment and have a crack against other serious opponents.

I find Ranked Battles exciting - for the few that I have played. I like the higher level of intensity and competition and would like people who feel the same way both on my team and playing against me.

Yes - I would like to exclude people from that mode who aren't going to play it in the spirit in which it is intended.

There is Random Battle Mode, Coop and Scenarios. No one is being excluded from the game. It would just be nice if there was some minimum entry level for the wee bit more serious mode.

If you have a problem with the +/- 2 tiers that MM inflicts on us, that is a separate issue. I have also argued for a +/- 1 tier limit in Random Battles. But that's a DIFFERENT issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
3,932 posts
4,204 battles

If you go into ranked and don't expect this to happen up until maybe even rank 12-10 then  I've got a Nigerian bank account with money in it f you.

The exclusivity of ranked comes from progressing higher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,200 posts
10,611 battles
12 小時前,New_Horizontal 說:

 

As for ranked imo

- best way to grind a stock ship

- Guarantee you don't have to be cannonfodder for T9/10

- fast gameplay

- it's not about skill only preservance, you grind enough you will get R1

- rewards aren't worth sanity you sacrificed

Agree lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
15 hours ago, New_Horizontal said:

 

As for ranked imo

- best way to grind a stock ship

- Guarantee you don't have to be cannonfodder for T9/10

- fast gameplay

- it's not about skill only preservance, you grind enough you will get R1

- rewards aren't worth sanity you sacrificed

you forget 1 thing :

YOUR STAT IS NOT COUNT IN RANDOM BATTLE!

if you get 20 lose streak.... No ONE KNOW!

and if you finally manage to get rank 15~10.... "oh this guy is actually decent"

 

i am also grind stock charles martel in ranked LEL.... PUREFECTO MOMENTO! :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Skarhabek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,679 posts
18,030 battles
52 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

you forget 1 thing :

YOUR STAT IS NOT COUNT IN RANDOM BATTLE!

if you get 20 lose streak.... No ONE KNOW!

and if you finally manage to get rank 15~10.... "oh this guy is actually decent"

 

i am also grind stock charles martel in ranked LEL.... PUREFECTO MOMENTO! :Smile_trollface:

15-10 is still shit, the good players are 5-1, half decent players and hard grinders are mostly 10-5, 15-10 is a bigass cesspool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HMASW]
Member
1,559 posts
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

15-10 is still shit, the good players are 5-1, half decent players and hard grinders are mostly 10-5, 15-10 is a bigass cesspool

 

Well, that means I'm shit at rank 15, but don't think that's going to stop me playing ranked with the other shit players, who are also ranked 15 or below... 

I'm not being judgemental, I love being in what you term a cesspool.... its fun. 

Admit it to yourself or not, you just statbashed everyone generally.... 

:fish_glass:

Just enjoy the ranked battles, as they weed out a lot of the lemmings. 

 

Ordrazz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,259 posts
14,003 battles
32 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

10-5 is very questionable. Some guys shouldnt be in those ranks this early in the season. 

That's the thing about odds. Sometimes someone gets lucky. So some people get the luck of the draw and get carried through.

Twice, 2 days ago, I was playing ranked and me the same person in 3 consecutive matches. Different person in each of the 2 occasions.

The first time the player was unicum and were always on the other team. Their team won and ours lost so that's 6 stars down on the other player.

The second time the player was a scrub and on my team. Another 3 battles lost. Another 6 stars we could have been ahead.

So why in 3 consecutive battles each time did those players not end up on the other team? We were all dd.

Yes you could say I was the common denominator but I'm confident that if you saw the replays you wouldn't think they all my fault.

 

So at the end of the day it cost me 12 stars. That's 3 ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
250 posts
13,393 battles

Okay guys, lets be real, not everyone have a free xp or elite xp to make things ready as most people are F2P player. What would you want they do if they want to participate in ranked? Go screwed themselves?

Excluding a player base to access the contents is horrible idea you can think of just because they didn't have enough resources to make it in the first place.

21 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I disagree with you.

I totally buy the idea of a slightly more exclusive game mode with even low to moderate prerequisites.

The idea of ranked battles is to take the game a wee bit more serious for a moment and have a crack against other serious opponents.

I find Ranked Battles exciting - for the few that I have played. I like the higher level of intensity and competition and would like people who feel the same way both on my team and playing against me.

Yes - I would like to exclude people from that mode who aren't going to play it in the spirit in which it is intended.

There is Random Battle Mode, Coop and Scenarios. No one is being excluded from the game. It would just be nice if there was some minimum entry level for the wee bit more serious mode.

If you have a problem with the +/- 2 tiers that MM inflicts on us, that is a separate issue. I have also argued for a +/- 1 tier limit in Random Battles. But that's a DIFFERENT issue.

A certain requirement to enter the mode = exclusion of playerbase

You remember the reaction of player when CV get banned from CB? Why would people who has something you considered uncompetitive should be banned from ranked. Sure it is not fun to see that in ranked, but if that is all he has, do he deserve to be banned from ranked? Since it is just handicap that can be lifted once he got upgraded or trained. 

And man, don't worry I have absolute no problem with -+2 tier system, but not everyone has the same opinion about MM as mine.

On final note, even WG decided to improve their ranked system, it still a grind that compromise your sanity. Even they put all premium T8 ships as reward on each rank or SC per rank, it still a grind and not worth a frustration you get at all.

Edited by New_Horizontal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×