You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sethria

The New Year Raid mission is so bad!

11 comments in this topic

3 posts

I am working on the New Year Raid recently for the "Arctic" Camouflage of Scharnhorst. I used to think the quests are friendly to players. However, Mission 4 is now driving me crazy. There is a quest inside mission 4 requiring players to earn a "high caliber" achievement using a BB over tier 6 in PVP  battles. I am suffering from WOWS instead of enjoying it after starting this mission. "High Caliber", this achievement itself is not the one that can be done on purpose. You have to do over 30% of the total health of the players in the enemy team. It means in that fight, everyone(23 people) sucks except you. Your teammates are so bad and need you to save the world and your enemies are so bad giving you so many chances to do damage. It may often occur in low tier games because there are many new players or the one who is experiencing new types of ships. However, in high tier games, people are normally skilled. No one is going to let you be a hero. Even a perfect player need fortune to earn this achievement. What can a normal player do? In addition, the requirement of this mission is not the worst part. The worst one is that this requirement comes with a deadline,18th January. It is really suffering!

Edited by Sethria

3 posts
3 分鐘前,amade 說:

You don't have to fulfill the task if it's too difficult. Just repeat any of the other easier tasks to gain the stars needed to unlock the final task.

OH!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,552 battles
3 hours ago, Sethria said:

I am working on the New Year Raid recently for the "Arctic" Camouflage of Scharnhorst. I used to think the quests are friendly to players. However, Mission 4 is now driving me crazy. There is a quest inside mission 4 requiring players to earn a "high caliber" achievement using a BB over tier 6 in PVP  battles. I am suffering from WOWS instead of enjoying it after starting this mission. "High Caliber", this achievement itself is not the one that can be done on purpose. You have to do over 30% of the total health of the players in the enemy team. It means in that fight, everyone(23 people) sucks except you. Your teammates are so bad and need you to save the world and your enemies are so bad giving you so many chances to do damage. It may often occur in low tier games because there are many new players or the one who is experiencing new types of ships. However, in high tier games, people are normally skilled. No one is going to let you be a hero. Even a perfect player need fortune to earn this achievement. What can a normal player do? In addition, the requirement of this mission is not the worst part. The worst one is that this requirement comes with a deadline,18th January. It is really suffering!

no, just, no

its not the mission that's hard, it you who cant proform well enough in a BB to get a high caliber

break 100k damage from t6-8 will basically assure you a high cal

break 160k dmg in t9-10 will basically do the same

it's not that hard

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

if its hard dont do it, like part 3 i only do the task 50K damage to BB

play HE spammer spam spam spam HE at BB burn them just 3 match unlock final task

the goal is to get past them to get free ship, the rest of the task is irrelevant lol

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
16 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

It IS bad. isn't hard at all, but it is bad. Why would you even ask RN CLs to yolo in for spotting German ships. Makes no sense.

No,it isnt. Open fire from start position and let them shoot you from max range is a way to spot them.

I do it in my mino and voila done in 1 match. Just bait them to shoot and you see 1st most pf the time..

The other way is to arm radar and div with a german dd to get better chance of unmasking a german dd using terrain as cover and pop radar.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
25 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

No,it isnt. Open fire from start position and let them shoot you from max range is a way to spot them.

I do it in my mino and voila done in 1 match. Just bait them to shoot and you see 1st most pf the time..

The other way is to arm radar and div with a german dd to get better chance of unmasking a german dd using terrain as cover and pop radar.

I will just pretend that this was a low quality troll post. You are asking me to do something that I should never do in RN CL. Yes, even for 1 battle. It was exactly my point. These missions force players to do something that they shouldn't be doing. Also, 1 ship can only be spotted once in a battle. So I am not sure about your idea of a DD ahead of you. Even if enemy shoots you back, it will be the DD that spots him not you for most cases.

And I did not say any of those tasks were hard, they are BAD.

250 posts
13,148 battles

A missions apart from getting XP, Credits, dealing damage and ribbons in general are all bad design, you just lucky that target are common, worse if there are any restriction force you like a certain type of ship, tier specific and duration of mission period like in single game

Forst to Spot  a ship - require DD or CV if someone didn't play either of them it just a big F to them

Get a kill - killstealfest

Grt a medal - you have forced to do specific thing like it or not.

Get a damage from certain type of ship - get focus fire isn't fun at all

Torpedo hit - you have to play dd or play stupidly on others who had it

Fire/Flood/knockout modules - RNGsus merci

Defend ribbon play on domination is kinda fine standard otoh your team screwed up

And more I could say but all I can tell you is

Good mission design should allow every class to have same chance to achieve not specific to someone.

Edited by New_Horizontal

183 posts
3,790 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

It IS bad. isn't hard at all, but it is bad. Why would you even ask RN CLs to yolo in for spotting German ships. Makes no sense.

It's obviously for gallant owners.