You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SUPERLASER97

Overabundance of Radar ships ruining games

25 comments in this topic

[CL]
1 post
8,068 battles

Recently, there are alot more radar ships around, too many of them in fact. Forget about the T8 mm, it's still broken but I know you guys will never fix it. Look at the screenshot, the enemy has 6 radar ships! Yes the minotaur is also running radar.

I always see THREE Missouri in a team. This did not just happen in one game, pretty much these few days this has been a real problem. We don't mind having to wait a little longer for the mm to balance the shit out.

Please address this issue ASAP, especially since you want to remove the Missouri, lots of players are rushing to get that [content removed].

IMG-20171229-WA0019.jpg

Inappropriate/derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,933 battles

I tend to agree tbh. I have fond memories of the only Team Battles season when the only radar ship was the Indianapolis and it arrived quite late anyway; the game play was far better. In today's WoWS the DD life is a far more challenging one.

31 posts
7,899 battles

I play a lot of British CA's from 7 -10 every time I play I run them, Radar is part of the game same as HE battleships and unfortunately CV's, only the 13k radars are really a problem but you just need to adjust your play style.

the Akizuki has suffered a lot with the changes this year, itself was massively OP ( i loved it) the taking away of invisi fire, the smoke nerf, and the lots of radar all affect the DD gun boats but I have changed the way I play them and they can still be a very effective member of a team

Cheers Crusin

1,105 posts

what i see is YOU HAVE 2 DES MEME.... 3 DD and 1 Memetaur with smoke!

Missouri Radar is a joke! just saying its only 9km and need to be very close, ver high risk.

Memetaur with radar? how did this thing not getting killed by your team??

Your 2 DES MEME IS SUFFICIENT TO RADAR enemy -_-

i bet the enemy got skilled player, or you did miscalculate something

the real threat is Lo Yang with Hydro.... the German DD is somewhat problem but not really as threatening as Lo Yang.

Belfast? Atlanta? i rekt them in DD.....

LO YANG OP! PLEASE NERF! GIVE IT DEEP WATER TORPEDO LIKE EVERY PAN ASIA DD! and CUT HYDRO RANGE BY 300M

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles
1 hour ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Missouri will disappear after 2 months bro......

No, it won't. It simply won't be available for purchase again. Anyone who has a Missouri, keeps it.

And yes, there is far too much radar. Had a game last week vs 3 des moines and 1 baltimore. 3mins 20 seconds of radar, that ended up being active the entire time, no DD could cap or spot. It was worse than the smoke everything meta.

It wouldn't be as bad if Radar/Hydro didn't work through islands.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,092 battles
57 分鐘前,Pocket_Fox 說:

No, it won't. It simply won't be available for purchase again. Anyone who has a Missouri, keeps it.

And yes, there is far too much radar. Had a game last week vs 3 des moines and 1 baltimore. 3mins 20 seconds of radar, that ended up being active the entire time, no DD could cap or spot. It was worse than the smoke everything meta.

East and west,Khabarovsk is the best

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
2 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

source? i'd save up for musashi, but seems like i need to get the missouri first now

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,072 battles
2 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

This would fix many issues (would seem the Dev that came up with how the radar/Hydro work in this game really needs Electronics 101, Hydroacoustics 101 and radar theory 101 lessons - Give him a New Years Pressie WG and send him on some courses).

A further fix would be the inability to share the information from radar except on the minimap (Sorry guys the earliest data exchange systems didn't exist til the Mid 1950's) which is much better than being radared by the XXX ship behind the island 8km away and being focused fire by 5+ other ships that can somehow see the radar returns and have an accurate gunplot to engage targets. Hydro would need some tweaking as you can hear someone elses hydro, but maybe only if you are within range, not from the other side of the map.

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU

599 posts
7,566 battles
30 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

source? i'd save up for musashi, but seems like i need to get the missouri first now

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_15-patchnotes/#content

Last line 

Edited by Gummilicious

1,386 posts
8,216 battles
1 hour ago, H_87A_2CU said:

This would fix many issues (would seem the Dev that came up with how the radar/Hydro work in this game really needs Electronics 101, Hydroacoustics 101 and radar theory 101 lessons - Give him a New Years Pressie WG and send him on some courses).

A further fix would be the inability to share the information from radar except on the minimap (Sorry guys the earliest data exchange systems didn't exist til the Mid 1950's) which is much better than being radared by the XXX ship behind the island 8km away and being focused fire by 5+ other ships that can somehow see the radar returns and have an accurate gunplot to engage targets. Hydro would need some tweaking as you can hear someone elses hydro, but maybe only if you are within range, not from the other side of the map.

H

WoWs isn’t a navy simulator though… Wargaming has been trying to make this game a competitive one, and wish to hold tournament. It means they have a heavy emphasis on balance, even at the price of historical accuracy. The same applies to almost every part of the game mechanism.

IMO radar should still be able to penetrate terrain, it helps avoid island abuse, but probably remove the render share, or limit the share range to only ships near the radar operator. Other teammates can see the icon on minimap, but won’t see the render on HUD. It retains the team play function, but would limit how much concentration a victim of radar would receive. But for hydro, I would say stay the same, hydro operators are taking an awful amount of risk when they try to detect enemy ships with it so I believe they should be properly rewarded for taking such risk.

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,072 battles
8 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

WoWs isn’t a navy simulator though… Wargaming has been trying to make this game a competitive one, and wish to hold tournament. It means they have a heavy emphasis on balance, even at the price of historical accuracy. The same applies to almost every part of the game mechanism.

IMO radar should still be able to penetrate terrain, it helps avoid island abuse, but probably remove the render share, or limit the share range to only ships near the radar operator. Other teammates can see the icon on minimap, but won’t see the render on HUD. It retains the team play function, but would limit how much concentration a victim of radar would receive. But for hydro, I would say stay the same, hydro operators are taking an awful amount of risk when they try to detect enemy ships with it so I believe they should be properly rewarded for taking such risk.

I like the later part of this a lot very similar to what I was trying to say, but will agree to disagree about the islands (for radar only - Hydro can stay as it is).

H

1,068 posts
3,845 battles
19 hours ago, H_87A_2CU said:

H

WG reckons its too hard to split same class tech tree/premium versions of ships when the MM sets up teams.They'd have a break down trying to get hydro and radar to stop looking through islands!

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,933 battles

I think it's fair to say that if +/-1 MM at T6 and above isn't possible then splitting up radar ships would melt the server.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

I also feel the same way. And given the fact that it is incredibly easy to get into RADARing positions for 99% of the maps, makes the situation even worse. In my opinion cap circles shouldn't be tightly surrounded by rocks, they need to spread out a bit so that cruisers need to use more than just going to certain places to automatically win the cap. No RADAR should cover the entire cap. That is just bad design and no win scenario.

1,105 posts

how about we introduce premium consummable radar jammer! active for 10 sec range 10km! only 1 charge and every DD have it in exchange of spood beest!

every cruiser hat dont have radar can have this radar jammer by change hydro or AADF... 1 charge but 15km range! active for 10 sec! for radar ship its replace radar but have 2 charge!

its premium and have only 1 charge!

381 posts
9,957 battles

Radar was fine until they decided to buff the cooldown from 240s to 120s prior to ranked season 5 and make the special radar duration upgrade much easier to use. It was a strong consumable but still required some brain to use at that time, as well as sparing some room for counter play from opponents. However after all these buffs radar has become pretty much a spam button and ruin the game for DD players.

1,124 posts

that's why I use 20km torpedo, no need to deal with 'official cheat' like radar :cap_win:

so so so often that my team call for me to cap yet they don't realize that there's radar ship park behind island and wait to hit radar the moment I enter the cap and BOOM!, I'm dead

only CA and BB can cap these day.

Edited by PGM991

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i rather cap with atago or even Mogami than Kagerou or Yugumo in high tier match full with radar ships

455 posts
8,038 battles

More than 3 radars on one team is a pain to deal with for a dd player. Dont't go into the cap right away unless its one of those caps with a nice island to hide through the radar. Or you can also try to bait a radar by hanging right at the edge of radar range so you can cap right afterwards. If there are multiple radar ship covering the cap though, just bail and either go for other cap or just spot till those ships get removed

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

More than 3 radars on one team is a pain to deal with for a dd player. Dont't go into the cap right away unless its one of those caps with a nice island to hide through the radar. Or you can also try to bait a radar by hanging right at the edge of radar range so you can cap right afterwards. If there are multiple radar ship covering the cap though, just bail and either go for other cap or just spot till those ships get removed

meanwhile in CW&rank...

455 posts
8,038 battles
4 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

meanwhile in CW&rank...

Perma radar in cw was a pain for dd players lol. And radar mod on two radar ships making C-cap a killing zone for any hapless dd. Haven't seen much perma radar in ranked though, the lo yang hydro seems to be a bigger issue for tech tree dds

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
4 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Perma radar in cw was a pain for dd players lol. And radar mod on two radar ships making C-cap a killing zone for any hapless dd. Haven't seen much perma radar in ranked though, the lo yang hydro seems to be a bigger issue for tech tree dds

it's the closest thing to a actual radar in rank and you know it