Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Mutsuki or Minekaze?

10 comments in this topic

47 posts
594 battles

I have been thinking about which DD is a better choice, (and by extension, their whole tech tree), Mutsuki leads to T10 but Minekaze only leads to T8 Akizuki, but some reasons keep me from picking either one. Akizuki line has Shiratsuyu, and if you remember what players always say during the start of the match, you will know. POI, but Shiratsuyu has a high skill level to use. Can anyone help me out?

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
20 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I have been thinking about which DD is a better choice, (and by extension, their whole tech tree), Mutsuki leads to T10 but Minekaze only leads to T8 Akizuki, but some reasons keep me from picking either one. Akizuki line has Shiratsuyu, and if you remember what players always say during the start of the match, you will know. POI, but Shiratsuyu has a high skill level to use. Can anyone help me out?

I think just between Minekaze and Mutsuki, Minekaze is a bit easier to play, because of shorter torp reload, but Mutsuki rewards more to better players because better torps. As you have said, you are actually looking at the far end, I think the end parts of both lines are great. And you don't really spend much time in T5, so the main question is, do you like gunboating IJN DD or torp based IJN DD. For torp based plays, you have to go with mutsuki. Shiratsuyu is not really that OP anymore.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

I'd say go with the mutsuki and maybe work your way up to the Kagero before ya work on the gun boat line. The gunboat line is a little easier to play (I like the hatsuharu and TRB shiratsuyu alot because you can gun down bad gunboat players), but keep in mind that the IJN line requires you to know how to torpedo to deal significant damage except maybe akizuki.

47 posts
594 battles

Well, I chose Mutsuki cuz it leads to Shima plus I would like to keep Fubuki and Akatsuki

Sign in to follow this