You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrHoy_11

Is the Tirpitz worth getting considering I have

23 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
10 posts
5,741 battles

Is the Tirpitz worth  getting considering I have the  Shinny Horse already which  I love.

I was thinking it well help level up my Captain quicker trying to  get a 19 point Captain  over next  few months.

Or is it better to spend the  money on  more premium time and como's and grind  Shinny horse and  the silver battleship t7  then 8.  

I also  don't have  a T8 ship so it would allow me  to  play ranked as well.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
11 minutes ago, MrHoy_11 said:

Is the Tirpitz worth  getting considering I have the  Shinny Horse already which  I love.

I was thinking it well help level up my Captain quicker trying to  get a 19 point Captain  over next  few months.

Or is it better to spend the  money on  more premium time and como's and grind  Shinny horse and  the silver battleship t7  then 8.  

I also  don't have  a T8 ship so it would allow me  to  play ranked as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=7549364

47 posts
594 battles

Well, I would consider the Tirpitz to be an interesting ship, while many battleships excel at long range combat, she is more of a close-range brawler, which puts you in danger of Destroyers. The Front Salvo also sends out fewer and lighter 15" shells and only comes close to something like North Carolina which lobs even bigger and more shells per salvo. She's still a cool ship, esp for those who already played Bismarck, so I recommend this ship, but maybe pick up experience with German BBs first.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

I love my KMBBs because I despise the campy snipey IJNBB playstyle.   Get in and punch it out like heavyweights.  The Derpitz excels at this.   Your secondaries doa great job burning stuff and if other ships want to come in close they generally eat a torp or two as well.

154 posts
4,084 battles

Tirpitz is designed to push hard and fast, punching a giant hole through lines of enemy cruisers, her only real weakness are AP bombs, which can delete her very quickly.

if your play style revolves around beating enemy cruisers into submission and then engaging enemy BB's in close quarters then she is quite fun.

Her secondaries can even give some DD captains a scare if their not expecting it.

490 posts
7,634 battles

Hell yes. Go for it. Seeing as it sounds like you need a ship for ranked it seems like it will be a win win for you.

Hands down my favourite BB at T7-9. Was pretty good with my 10 point captain I got with the ship, but since earning enough points to re spec for full manual secondary build........ WOW! Plays fairly similar to the Scharnhorst but the guns being 15" and not 11" are way more reliable getting pens at range. All the KM BB really suits my playstyle. Get in and have a go (or take a few with you as you die trying)

I Really like the Missouri but the secondary guns suck and the armour isn't suited to brawling. Just got the Kii and the Alabama in the crates but not enough games in them yet to change my mind. There have been moments where my interest has been distracted but I always come back to the Tirpitz.

Games like this are achievable simply by charging in after the DD's and shooting at stuff.

shot-17_12.21_16_47.40-0169.thumb.jpg.e3ffd5f9f561c46290bab2f82785c875.jpg

Despite what you may hear whispered on the wind and around this forum it is actually possible to citadel a Bismark/Tirpitz at close range. I have done it myself. Once. Ever. Only took many many hundred battles against these ships.

shot-17_12.14_21_57.23-0384.thumb.jpg.d3c03ae85b305daa215ac4ed6bfcb197.jpg

154 posts
345 battles

the Tirpitz got Torpedo for Yolo ramming againts another BB... even in Bismarck i will avoid CQB againts Tirpitz. the negative side it dont have hydro like Bismack....

and this is just me or not, Tirpitz got more accurate than Bismarck.....

BUT REMEMBER!.... its YOLO TIME!

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Tirpitz and Shiny do not share same type of gameplay. So yeah, you can get her. Shiny is barely a BB and you play her more like a super armored heavy cruiser. On the otherhand, Tirpitz is a full fledged Battleship. Also, you feel more pressure playing Tirpitz because you see tier 10s.

326 posts
10,515 battles

Tirpitz is my favorite ship I've play so far - besides Sharnhorst & Missouri

U can make tons of credit & achievement, even on defeat -my today's match, easy 500k credits and tons of achievement to get.

shot-17_12.29_09_36.39-0104.thumb.jpg.210ab515116f991c3c06a2f9b66d37ce.jpg

Also, if u plan to go co-op and grind credit & exp for u captain, she's a good ships for grinding and train ur captain as well.

[HMASW]
10 posts
5,741 battles

So did I  read right you got all that XP playing CO-OP  ?

Also what  flags and camo are  you using ?

While it  will be handy to use in ranked the captain XP is what I want  the most, it;s a  long  road to  19 points

Edited by MrHoy_11

326 posts
10,515 battles
4 hours ago, MrHoy_11 said:

So did I  read right you got all that XP playing CO-OP  ?

Also what  flags and camo are  you using ?

While it  will be handy to use in ranked the captain XP is what I want  the most, it;s a  long  road to  19 points

Actually mate, even without flag u still get a decent credit and EXP; as long u farm high damage in the game & never snipe when using her. As for camo,  Tirpitz already have premium camo, so make sure u always enable "auto-supply"  when play with her.

Tirpitz is excel in CQC, so use all her weapon to the max when u grind in co-op. Her torps & her secondaries are her biggest advantage. Lately I don't play co-op so much right now unless I'm grinding EXP for my new captain; already have 5 KMF captain with 19 points now - including Thea from HSF

BTW here my reward when playing in co-op.  As u can see, I'm using premium consumable "Damage Control Party II" and  not using any  flag,  I'm still get nice credit & EXP in co-op, - rather using premium account or not.  As for my suggestion,  get urself a premium account which is really really worth to double  ur credit & EXP for ur captain.

If u use her to the max, u will get even better reward. 

shot-17_12.29_20_12.08-0837.thumb.jpg.f74aec7ede0283226ec0e03921625b90.jpgshot-17_12.29_20_12_12-0542.thumb.jpg.cbe94208cc016904916d37672d2a750e.jpg

Once ur captain reach 10 points skill, its become easier for u to counter ur enemy in the game - I mean in co-op.

Edited by ArchKongou

273 posts
1,220 battles

Use xp flags + daily bonus + premium days to farm for captain xp. If you are planning to go for german bb and CA line, heck u can even use tirpitz to level up your german CA's captain. Have used a 15 pts captain on t6 nurnberg before.

[HMASW]
10 posts
5,741 battles

Thank you  for all the  suggestions I've been  convinced go her the  morning first  game 5900 exp that was  200% and captain flag, never had that in  Co Op  before.

Credits  are nice but it's the  exp I'm  after I'm upto 14 point capt so still long road ahead, I'm using same capt for two  premiums and  one silver BB now so about 120 games away from 19 points if  can  keep  same pace. 

[HMASW]
10 posts
5,741 battles

Well played  7  games in  Random lost the lot dead set f..king hopless I go in  get wiped I  stay out  get hardly any damage then  get wiped out. 

I  have  secondary build setup.  

683 posts
7,338 battles

MrHoy_11 hang in there you will get use to Tirpitz. Yeah tier 8 will be frequently match up with tier 10, so be patience. Stay alive, follow your group.

And IFHE is not worth it on Bismarck/Tirpitz,it significantly reduced fire chance but a lot if time still can't penetrate properly.