You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Chapayev,Dimitri.Which to skip?

17 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles
7 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Chapayev have a lower concealment plus it get the benefits of IFHE. 

Err so Dmitri Donskoi gets no benefit from IFHE? 

Please check. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Chapayev is kinda hard to enjoy, the ship’s speed is slow for a Russian CL, overwhelmingly slow in response to rudder input, has a long hull and large exposed citadel. It is, however, an excellent utility ship, with radar range 1.5km longer than concealment.

Donskoi does not enjoy the same degree of team play value, having a large detection radius means it no longer serve as a DD supporter, and her DPS is lower. But when equipped with engine2&rudder3 her maneuverability is incredible, coupled with excellent ballistics and good range, it has the potential of an excellent damage dealer.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

381 posts
9,957 battles

Why skip tho. I see few people complaining about both of them.

But in case you have too much money and want to abuse the FE sale, skip Chapayev. Donskoi is more maneuverable and has a heal so it's more forgiving while the firepower is just as good tier for tier.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles
18 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Chapayev is kinda hard to enjoy, the ship’s speed is slow for a Russian CL, overwhelmingly slow in response to rudder input, has a long hull and large exposed citadel. It is, however, an excellent utility ship, with radar range 1.5km longer than concealment.

Donskoi does not enjoy the same degree of team play value, having a large detection radius means it no longer serve as a DD supporter, and her DPS is lower. But when equipped with engine2&rudder3 her maneuverability is incredible, coupled with excellent ballistics and good range, it has the potential of an excellent damage dealer.

I figured that install both rudder or rudder + accel can improve your chance of not getting hit. I mean why bother conceal when it need to spam like crazy to keep the pressure on.

1,386 posts
8,237 battles
6 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

I figured that install both rudder or rudder + accel can improve your chance of not getting hit. I mean why bother conceal when it need to spam like crazy to keep the pressure on.

For most maneuverability build cruisers, IMO getting accelerate mod for the 1M slot is better than double rudder, most cruisers with rudder 3 already have good enough shift time, and having better acceleration helps making a better turning circle. (MN CA is probably an exception, engine boost consumable drastically increase their accelerate capability

I would recommend a concealment build for Chapayev tho, the ship’s radius is horrible, having a good shift time won’t save her. Pushing concealment down to 10.2km can help her find a nice island to take shelter or positioning in preparation for a radar surprise.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles

What i have been thinking about the most is wether IFHE is needed, every ship b4 Moskva need it to become godly dpm machine. However Moskva drastically differ from previous ship in that it can take a beating and it doesnt need IFHE.

It is so much different from the rest of the line that you need a dedicated captain on him and i might say that WG should find a ship to replace the top position that fit the earlier ship's motif

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
13 小時前,legionary2099 說:

Dont skip chapayev , it is a stronk rank ship.

Dmitri is weird, but playable as long as you dont seduce BB to blow their load on you

Dmitri has better range than some BB lol

273 posts
1,220 battles

None of the above.

Don't skip Chapayev. It is a very strong ship in random and rank. You just got to learn to master it  :cap_book:  with a bit of learning curve and that will definitely increase your overall stats :cap_cool:. She is my most favorite ship of all. Great concealment with radar. You can use her to farm for your improvement of stats :cap_tea:. Treat her like a lady :fish_cute_2: and you will get the most satisfaction out of her. :Smile_coin:

5a434a8cc30a7_ChapWR_5.thumb.jpg.644d68770bae8ad87f68596bcce777f9.jpg5a433fa480ecc_ChapWR_1.thumb.jpg.11edd1b1741cd75d318da6950a600092.jpg

5a433fa8d9329_ChapWR_2.thumb.jpg.3751def6f24d1febbc0e6e58c7fe2880.jpg5a433fad2362f_ChapWR_3.thumb.jpg.c75c7a4b28c9b46b922b0b462ea2c4b9.jpg

5a434201563df_ChapWR_4.thumb.jpg.cf5c9a96e8da5553cf9f1ca64bbf9996.jpg

Donskoi is just a stepping stone and intro to Moskva play style. Just an in between of Chapayev and Moskva. However you will need to re-spec your captain once you get Moskva.

I would highly recommend a 17 points captain on Chapayev/Donskoi if you can afford it. Recommended captain skills Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Demolition Expert, Concealment Expert, IFHE & SI for that extra consumables especially radar

Edited by Hey_Potato

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,614 battles
15 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

What i have been thinking about the most is wether IFHE is needed, every ship b4 Moskva need it to become godly dpm machine. However Moskva drastically differ from previous ship in that it can take a beating and it doesnt need IFHE.

It is so much different from the rest of the line that you need a dedicated captain on him and i might say that WG should find a ship to replace the top position that fit the earlier ship's motif

i use different captain for moskva and the one use on donskoi shared with kutuzov

even i just have a 12 points on moskva is playable