You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kara1087

Premium ship captain

5 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

No, the ship wont come with a free captain unless the package specified otherwise.

You can recruit a 3 pts captain for 25 doubloon , but it is not worth it , since 1-6 captain point can be achieved rather quickly

Also , if you get a premium ship from the Super Container , it will always come with a 10 pt captain of that nation free of charge

Unless you are a weirdo like me who has a dedicated captain for each single ship i own , use captains from other ships to train them

[SEARN]
537 posts
8,130 battles
43 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Unless you are a weirdo like me who has a dedicated captain for each single ship i own , use captains from other ships to train them

You are not the only weirdo. I must be a weirdo also. :Smile-_tongue:

I was keeping so so many 4-8 point captains on many ships because I would always go back to play lower tiers. Plus I was keeping all tier 6 ships and not selling them so to have a choice of ships for the co-op operations. And I had a separate captain on all these ships too.

Well after winning 13 premium ships (plus duplicates) I got 16 extra 10 point captains in the santa crates I decided to have a much needed captain cleanout. Dismissed about 12 3-8 point captains.

I simply had too many ships and too many captains..... now I just have too many ships. I must admit it is not a bad complaint.

1 hour ago, kara1087 said:

I do have to recruit a captain myself after I purchased a premium?Or it will give me a free captain with certain skill point

If you already have a captain from that same country you can use him on the premium straight away without retraining. His skills may not be suitable for the new premium however. CV captain on a cruiser for example.

Rotating a captain between a tech tree ship he is trained on and suitable premiums really maximises the captain xp through training. You also don't need to retrain a captain for a premium ship. You can simply drop a tech tree ship captain trained for a Kirov for example and put him in a Molotov premium cruiser and then back to the Kirov without having to retrain.

Super Tester
3,932 posts
4,204 battles
5 hours ago, kara1087 said:

I do have to recruit a captain myself after I purchased a premium?Or it will give me a free captain with certain skill point

You don't get one with the ship nor do you have to recruit one.  Just use one of the captains from that line/nation in it as a captain skill trainer

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

If you buy a pack in premium shop that does not contain a specified "xxx point captain", you get a 0 point one loaded when you receive her. You can choose no cap/0/1/3 pt captain (free/IIRC 10,000 credits?/25doubloons) If you purchase a ship, premium or not, from the tech tree. You can recruit one at any time, remove the current one from the ship (reserve or dismiss) and the option will show up.

And just like Ralph said, usually people don’t build a captain specifically for a premium, you can always grab a captain from other ships of the same nationality and use him on the premium with no retraining.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08