Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Scharnhorst yes or no?

14 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

So after a dismal performance with the Santa crates, 1 Gallant, 8000 doubloons, 150 frosty camos and 100's of flags, I was think of buying the Scharnhorst seeing as though it's on special.

So I was wondering from those that have her if she is worth the 6650 price? 

491 posts
7,634 battles

Yes. Definitely. Can't go wrong.  :cap_like:Tanky, fast speed, decent handling and fast reloading guns and torps. Whats not to like.

The guns can troll you hard as the dispersion is pretty terrible at mid to long range. Accuracy mod is a must. As long as you don't expect to land more than 1 or 2 shells from a broadside at long range you will like the ship.

Not bragging cus I'm surprised myself that RNG was really in my favor for a change, as I got 13 premium ships from 4 lots of 20 of the medium crates. Along with the premiums I already had, I now have every premium that was able to drop via the crates. So if I'm stupid and buy more any ship drop will be a duplicate so i get doubloons.

455 posts
8,038 battles

Judging on just 20-30 games I played with her when WG gave it for free trial sometime back, she definitely is.

She doesn't have large guns and struggles to citadel even broadsiding bbs at range but what she has is great armor for her tier and manoeuvrability which makes her feel more like a large cruiser than a bb. And those guns with really fast reload are heavily efficient at punishing cruisers and DDS. You can even dev strike DDS with a single ap salvo if RNG is with you. And the great rudder shift and turning radius allows you to yolo into caps and live- dont get carried away though. 

Also you have torps so enemies will think twice before trying to engage you in close range.

Just remember that you are not a bb, and your role is to kill DDS and CLS creating space for your own DDS.

It's playstyle is much different to traditional bbs so you might want to see some yt videos of how to play it before opening your wallet.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
1 hour ago, Trojan63 said:

So after a dismal performance with the Santa crates, 1 Gallant, 8000 doubloons, 150 frosty camos and 100's of flags, I was think of buying the Scharnhorst seeing as though it's on special.

So I was wondering from those that have her if she is worth the 6650 price? 

tenor.gif?itemid=3580229

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

Some other factors to consider:

Scharnhorst (along with her sister) is one of the toughest ships in Tier VII. 50mm deck, 350mm main belt, 45mm upper-side, 70mm extended belt all the way to the tip of the bow. It's an autobounce bonanza when angled properly and heavily resistant to cruiser HE.

Scharnhorst has identical broadside Secondary firepower to Bismarck and Tirpitz (8 x 105mm and 6 x 150mm), albeit with a lesser range of 8.0km (upgraded). It's worth mentioning that the 105s perform far better against Tier VII and lower opponents. Many ship classes gain immunity to them at Tier VIII, which means they tend to be more effective on Scharnhorst than those same guns are on Bismarck/Tirpitz.

Thirdly, she's very easy to play. You can get away with incredibly dumb bold tactical displays that most of her counterparts could never dream of. Basically, she's fun. At the current 30% discount you can't go wrong.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles
4 hours ago, Unraveler said:

Some other factors to consider:

Scharnhorst (along with her sister) is one of the toughest ships in Tier VII. 50mm deck, 350mm main belt, 45mm upper-side, 70mm extended belt all the way to the tip of the bow. It's an autobounce bonanza when angled properly and heavily resistant to cruiser HE.

Scharnhorst has identical broadside Secondary firepower to Bismarck and Tirpitz (8 x 105mm and 6 x 150mm), albeit with a lesser range of 8.0km (upgraded). It's worth mentioning that the 105s perform far better against Tier VII and lower opponents. Many ship classes gain immunity to them at Tier VIII, which means they tend to be more effective on Scharnhorst than those same guns are on Bismarck/Tirpitz.

Thirdly, she's very easy to play. You can get away with incredibly dumb bold tactical displays that most of her counterparts could never dream of. Basically, she's fun. At the current 30% discount you can't go wrong.

Maybe with the HE but my god they like to be on fire...

Basically anti-fire/tank or secondary build both viable...

Sign in to follow this