Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Yubari Discussion

9 comments in this topic

47 posts
594 battles

Hey guys, I just got to try my little brother's newly bought Yubari and it was such a blast to play, especially when activating Defensive AA Fire. Aircraft get swatted out of the skies with this cruiser! I also feel like it's a tier 4 Cleveland but Slightly less impressive AA for its tier but AA is always fun, and at the price of 1125 Doubloons, Its better than buying Katori. ^_^

491 posts
7,634 battles
35 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I also have some left over doubloons. Wondering should I just buy this or save those for retraining and stuffs.

Right now redistributing commander skill points is free. Both dubs cost and the xp cost.

Not sure now long it will last as it doesn't say. This passed me by as I don't remember this being announced. Got in quick and reset my grozovoi captain (as well as heaps of spare captains) to try different builds.  

Not sure about captain retraining as i haven't been brave enough to click in case it isn't on discount and costs me real dubs.

491 posts
7,634 battles
7 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Hey guys, I just got to try my little brother's newly bought Yubari and it was such a blast to play, especially when activating Defensive AA Fire. Aircraft get swatted out of the skies with this cruiser! I also feel like it's a tier 4 Cleveland but Slightly less impressive AA for its tier but AA is always fun, and at the price of 1125 Doubloons, Its better than buying Katori. ^_^

You made the right choice. Katori top speed is so so very painful.

Another mid tier ship that is a blast to play is the Russian cruiser Murmansk. Good guns, good torps, good speed and passable AA. Plus you get hydro, spotter plane and DD like rudder speed @ 3.8 seconds.

I had many games with that ship until i got my first tier 7 prem (Blyska) and tier 8 prem (Atago). Every game i had was a fun game, don't really know why i don't take her out anymore. I blame it on too many ships in port and the wrong idea that higher tiers are more rewarding because of the effort spent grinding. They can be, but not always. For me just sitting down to enjoy myself, anywhere from tier 2 -7 is where i'm finding myself more often.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
30 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Not sure about captain retraining as i haven't been brave enough to click in case it isn't on discount and costs me real dubs

Well, it will tell you the cost in doubloons right above the button. Anyway, all my captains are usually properly set up, but retraing 18 or 19 points captains kinda take a long time.

491 posts
7,634 battles
7 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well, it will tell you the cost in doubloons right above the button. Anyway, all my captains are usually properly set up, but retraing 18 or 19 points captains kinda take a long time.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I can't see the cost upfront though. All it shows is a bar with 0-25000 commander points and it asking me "Assign commander to X Grozovoi?". I have to commit to assigning a captain to a ship before it will tell me the retraining cost. Don't really want to do that as I'm happy how my captains are all set up right now.

Anyway i just tried it and no, retraining to 100% is still 500 dubs. No discount unfortunately.

47 posts
594 battles

Yea Yubari is such an awesome ship, Laser accuracy shells, Powerful but restricted torps and nice detection range. I put Aiming systems mod 0 into it and it always hits.

I also put Defensive AA Fire 2 into it because 1 charge of it is not enough to shoot aircraft. Looking forward to my brother getting Cleveland ^_^

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
9 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Anyway i just tried it and no, retraining to 100% is still 500 dubs. No discount unfortunately.

Yep, that's what Ive been talking about. 500 doubloons. I don't really remember getting a discount ever there. May be there was once, not sure.

retraining.thumb.png.d2727573e822fc310463e55281459c32.png

I usually use 500 doubloons for very high tier captains, specially on DDs as they take a lot of time to retrain and I am not particularly a fan of grinding them in premium ships on lower tiers. I think retraining cost should scale with skill points captain currently has, just like re-distribution. This is a shakedown IMO.

Sign in to follow this