30cmtruedamage

Quesstion About Premium Ships

16 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,591 battles

Haii , I am new to WoW and okay I have this question . So first of all I am playing as tier 4 hosho IJN CV . But the latest patch doesnt allows to do manual torpedo drops . So I was wondering if I could just purchase premium ship kaga and research to higher  tier IJN CV ships from the xp I gained playing kaga ? Is it possible ?

Thanks

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

It is. But nothing wrong with manual drop. Good cv play at t4 is still possible.

edit: I wasn't very clear. You can with the FXP, not with the XP.

Edited by keskparane

534 posts
54 minutes ago, erwinrommel666 said:

Haii , I am new to WoW and okay I have this question . So first of all I am playing as tier 4 hosho IJN CV . But the latest patch doesnt allows to do manual torpedo drops . So I was wondering if I could just purchase premium ship kaga and research to higher  tier IJN CV ships from the xp I gained playing kaga ? Is it possible ?

Thanks

Yes,accumulate exp on Kaga then convert them to free exp thus to research to higher tier cv without playing previous tier,I suggest skip Hiryu since Saipan is just xxxxxxxxxxx cv with op IX planes  

359 posts
2,819 battles

It doesn't have to be Kaga. Just any premium ship is fine. Any tech tree that you already fully research is also fine. But in both case. You will have to convert xp to free xp using real money.

If you think you can play Kaga or any premium then using that xp to research tech tree freely, you are wrong.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

@erwinrommel666, any premium will earn you convertible xp. So does any other tech tree ship with elite status. But you will need doubloons to convert those XP to free XP. That requires real world money too. So it is up to you as to how much you want to spend on this.

Or you can keep playing other classes and farm free XP. It's a slower process, but requires no money.

Personally I would say don't do it unless you already have experience with cv. You will not do well in kaga without having a lot of previous experience. But it's your game and your money.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Hosho is quite good at tier 4 and with only 83 battles there's no way you'd be able to compete against more experienced players if you jump up to tier 7, the phrase "free food" comes to mind.

165 posts
3,591 battles
On 12/22/2017 at 12:18 AM, icy_phoenix said:

Personally I would say don't do it unless you already have experience with cv. You will not do well in kaga without having a lot of previous experience. But it's your game and your money.

Yeah thats right . I do realize that I ma gonna have to digest a few noob deaths lel

On 12/21/2017 at 11:31 PM, keskparane said:

You can with the FXP, not with the XP.

wew it was hard time understanding the things money cant buy

On 12/22/2017 at 7:59 AM, Epicurus_ said:

Hosho is quite good at tier 4 and with only 83 battles there's no way you'd be able to compete against more experienced players if you jump up to tier 7, the phrase "free food" comes to mind.

I am hearts of iron veteran . I do understand naval warfare in WoW is totally different .

On 12/21/2017 at 11:39 PM, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Yes,accumulate exp on Kaga then convert them to free exp thus to research to higher tier cv without playing previous tier,I suggest skip Hiryu since Saipan is just xxxxxxxxxxx cv with op IX planes  

I bought kaga but I am gonna have to master manual attacks

On 12/21/2017 at 11:31 PM, keskparane said:

edit: I wasn't very clear. You can with the FXP, not with the XP.

kek

Anyways thanks for those inputs you all

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
7 hours ago, erwinrommel666 said:

I am hearts of iron veteran . I do understand naval warfare in WoW is totally different .

I'm not sure why you make this comparison

12 posts
3,714 battles

Hi my suggestion is to not buy Kaga yet. Grind lowtier CV and appreciate them first.

Learn the basic strategies and all. Then get to tier 6 first, atleast. Ryujo has manual drop now and strafe. Learn how to do them correctly first before you buy a higher tier premium ship.

Lastly, dont buy kaga, not worth getting punished for underpowered planes for her tier. If you manage to get better with CVs already, you can go buy say enterprise or saipan. Or play the USN CV ones first, and then appreciate the other Nation CV's difficulty too. 

Please for the love of God, dont buy prems you dont know how to use first. Or if you already did, practice in Coop first. Because youre just gonna get pwned by more experienced people.

CV is by far one of the hardest roles in the game, especially because what you do affects the game a lot. If you suck (i mean not to insult) but if you sucked in a game, and get rekt by enemy CV, chances are he can steamroll and allow his team to win. You on the other hand would just garner reports for playing poorly and trashtalks.

It's so sad seeing WG selling high tier premiums to those wh oare new to the game = people inexperienced playing a tier they havent adjusted to yet.

THats how I did it, learned the game from bottom, bought my first premium only after i got tier 10 :D Atleast you should be able to get the necessary knowledge for you to not exactly just offer the game to the enemy team. 

Thanks!

Edited by NinoX03
Removed profanity

12 posts
3,714 battles
On 22/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, Gummilicious said:

NO PLEASE NO!

Please dont buy kaga... you will ruin your teammates in the match.

No offense but just stick to your t4 cv 

man have you see na good kaga player? :D
Kaga is good, but yea gets [content removed] against a saipan.

But it doesnt matter, there are ways to circle around a saipan, cuz not all of em are good anyways.

I played 013 Ranger back in the day against 301 saipans and still manage to win just by mind games. It's all on your strategy.

He can buy Kaga if he wants to but he needs to get experienced first. 

kaga does not "ruin" teammates in a match, cuz Kaga can outright delete DDs easy. 

Profanity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

165 posts
3,591 battles
16 hours ago, NinoX03 said:

man have you see na good kaga player? :D

Yeah tbh

He can buy Kaga if he wants to but he needs to get experienced first. 

This

kaga does not "ruin" teammates in a match, cuz Kaga can outright delete DDs easy. 

And This

165 posts
3,591 battles

No offense but just stick to your t4 cv 

T6 and T4 the CV gameplay becomes totally different . I used to get rekt in 90 percent of T6 CV battles when I first reached T6 . Now I have dropped this rekt rate by decent 30 - 35 percent .