Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Holiday Sales

21 comments in this topic

47 posts
595 battles

Hey guys, WG just gave us a holiday discount for all ships. What are ships worth buying during this time? Premium ships that can only be bought in the premium shop can be bought in the game client. I was thinking maybe buying Mikasa as it is such a rare ship on SEA Region despite crap primaries.

This sale is also helpful for those who buy gold via Prepaid cards such as MOL Point as they cannot buy special packs only available through credit cards or micropayment systems.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
10 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Hey guys, WG just gave us a holiday discount for all ships. What are ships worth buying during this time? Premium ships that can only be bought in the premium shop can be bought in the game client. I was thinking maybe buying Mikasa as it is such a rare ship on SEA Region despite crap primaries.

This sale is also helpful for those who buy gold via Prepaid cards such as MOL Point as they cannot buy special packs only available through credit cards or micropayment systems.

The Mikasa, honestly do yourself and the world a favor and donate that money to a charity instead. Unless you get it for free like I did thru a mission it really is not worth the money. Sometimes I play it in co-op for the yolo secondaries, but apart from that it is like playing with a turd floating in a bucket of vomit.

492 posts
7,661 battles
4 hours ago, j0e90 said:

The Mikasa, honestly do yourself and the world a favor and donate that money to a charity instead. Unless you get it for free like I did thru a mission it really is not worth the money. Sometimes I play it in co-op for the yolo secondaries, but apart from that it is like playing with a turd floating in a bucket of vomit.

And that's on a good day. It is also highly dependable on what kind of chunks are in the vomit. :Smile_teethhappy:

Couldn't agree more. A lot of history behind the ship with the battle of Tsushima and as it is the only pre dreadnought still surviving i'm glad i have it in my port. Fun in it's own way i suppose but i'm glad i got it for free. If i had to pay for it, it is the only ship i would have submitted a ticket for a refund. Apart from maybe the krispy kreme, which i was smart enough to stay away from. :Smile_facepalm:

47 posts
595 battles

2 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

And that's on a good day. It is also highly dependable on what kind of chunks are in the vomit. :Smile_teethhappy:

Couldn't agree more. A lot of history behind the ship with the battle of Tsushima and as it is the only pre dreadnought still surviving i'm glad i have it in my port. Fun in it's own way i suppose but i'm glad i got it for free. If i had to pay for it, it is the only ship i would have submitted a ticket for a refund. Apart from maybe the krispy kreme, which i was smart enough to stay away from. :Smile_facepalm:

Ok, then I also saw 2 Jap Cruisers, Katori and Yubari, which is better? They cost the same but are tier 3 and 4 respectively.

47 posts
595 battles

My little bro just scored a Super Container of 1000 Doubloons, it's not a spectacular draw by any means, but if he completes the 2nd campaign in Science of victory, He can get any ship of tier 2 or 3 and also Tier 4 cruiser Yuabari

47 posts
595 battles
2 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

if tirpitz get 30% discount i would thinking of buying but 15% discount the price still too high for me:Smile_sad:

Ikr, I would buy all the tier 2, 3 and Cruiser Yubari. I think Warships around here are quite fun except Albany which is real bad

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles
30 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Ikr, I would buy all the tier 2, 3 and Cruiser Yubari. I think Warships around here are quite fun except Albany which is real bad

im not a fan of low tier, i spend my money on t7 prem which have all the fun ships also good credit earner and good commander trainer

i also want atago but still not willing to part my money for it :Smile_coin:

47 posts
595 battles
On 12/22/2017 at 7:13 PM, ahwai82 said:

im not a fan of low tier, i spend my money on t7 prem which have all the fun ships also good credit earner and good commander trainer

I also like Japanese Prems but no money for them. Only one I got is the Tachibana :P

Edited by Lee_Hongjin

492 posts
7,661 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

I do enjoy my Atago and it is a good ship, but it is very similar to the free dragon myoko cruisers. Recently Dragon captains are able to be used on all IJN ships. If these missions ever come up again, grab a free myoko and save your money.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles
20 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

I do enjoy my Atago and it is a good ship, but it is very similar to the free dragon myoko cruisers. Recently Dragon captains are able to be used on all IJN ships. If these missions ever come up again, grab a free myoko and save your money.

atago is very good and can punch above its tier well, make mogami really weak lol

how about duca? its affordable to me just im not so keen getting into T8 battles with it as i always get uptiered

492 posts
7,661 battles
On 12/23/2017 at 8:39 PM, ahwai82 said:

atago is very good and can punch above its tier well, make mogami really weak lol

how about duca? its affordable to me just im not so keen getting into T8 battles with it as i always get uptiered

I got a Duca in the Christmas santa crates. Can't comment on the ship as yet as I have not had a chance to play a single game due to having more fun than should be legal with the Guilio Cesare

492 posts
7,661 battles
On 12/24/2017 at 1:33 AM, LawrenceXVIII said:

I wish i want Alabama for Christmas but . sadly...

The fat guy in the red suit was kind to me this year....... and yes she is a great BB.

Tier 8 is spoiled for choice now with good prem BB. Tirpitz, Alabama and now Kii. Soon Roma and also French Gascogne.

Tirpitz is still my favourite. Maybe that will change as i get more games in the Alabama and Kii. I will have to buy Roma though, that is an easy decision.

shot-17_12.25_22_22.58-0072.thumb.jpg.c8ef2293452bb1aec4e7024cb8f01b6d.jpg

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles
5 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

I got a Duca in the Christmas santa crates. Can't comment on the ship as yet as I have not had a chance to play a single game due to having more fun than should be legal with the Guilio Cesare

or maybe dunkerque to practice reversing skill :Smile_teethhappy:

dont think i should buy any ship but use the money to buy premium time instead, much more useful 

159 posts
5,692 battles
4 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

dont think i should buy any ship but use the money to buy premium time instead, much more useful 

Dunks not a bad ship, I've had a lot of fun in her. Might be useful to start training a few French BB captains before that line comes out. Also I agree with your earlier post, T7 is a good spot for premiums, the battles tend to be pretty good and you get a reasonable amount of credits too

492 posts
7,661 battles
12 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

You got it all wrong. It's the WW2 Italian tanks that were used in North Africa with the special new 15 speed gearbox. 1 forward speed and 14 reverse speeds. :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though reversing in the dunk is a tactic that works in certain situations as long as you understand angling and overmatch mechanics. I have had some terrific games in her doing just that, reversing and bow tanking. Very different play style to most other BB's but not a bad ship in the right hands.

7 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

Dunks not a bad ship, I've had a lot of fun in her. Might be useful to start training a few French BB captains before that line comes out. Also I agree with your earlier post, T7 is a good spot for premiums, the battles tend to be pretty good and you get a reasonable amount of credits too

Agreed. :cap_like: Good as a captain trainer. Have trained up a couple of French cruiser captains on her. I enjoy the dunk but will have to see what the upcoming T8 prem BB Gascogne is like.

Edited by HobartAWD

Beta Tester
656 posts
3,526 battles
23 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

The fat guy in the red suit was kind to me this year....... and yes she is a great BB.

Tier 8 is spoiled for choice now with good prem BB. Tirpitz, Alabama and now Kii. Soon Roma and also French Gascogne.

Tirpitz is still my favourite. Maybe that will change as i get more games in the Alabama and Kii. I will have to buy Roma though, that is an easy decision.

shot-17_12.25_22_22.58-0072.thumb.jpg.c8ef2293452bb1aec4e7024cb8f01b6d.jpg

I want both Roma and Alabama, Actually Alabama was my plan for Christmas but.. It may be not enough once i got Roma.

Sign in to follow this