Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Less type specific missions plz?

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
1,386 posts
8,244 battles

Remember the first week of Yamamoto Isoroku mission, that cruiser part? The whole high tier gets cramped with cruiser, whoever gets detected gets HE spammed. Fun? Well we all know the answer.

IMO despite all the whining of "BB too many", the casual MM and meta is kinda enjoyable, at least not too bad.

And here we are at the beginning of a new campaign, and… Oh not again, all four missions ship type (and even nationality) specific? With two easiest ones suggesting cruisers to spam battleships? I can see where this is heading, oh no, no no no no no…

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

I think missions can be for specific ship class but not targetting specific ship class. For example, a task only doable with cruisers is fine by me. as long as it doesn't force you to hunt down or run after specific ship class, like a CV etc. This forces players to do things that they wouldn't be doing otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,244 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I think missions can be for specific ship class but not targetting specific ship class. For example, a task only doable with cruisers is fine by me. as long as it doesn't force you to hunt down or run after specific ship class, like a CV etc. This forces players to do things that they wouldn't be doing otherwise.

I agree. I did both cruiser>battleship missions in three games, one Atago and two Budyonny. It feels guilty when there’s quite a few chances that I can do great contribution to the team(exposed DD or broadside CA) but I decide to accelerate my mission progress and shot a salvo of HE at enemy BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
605 posts
7,610 battles

Was happily doing damage to battleships players then time goes by...

slowly become from 5 BB to 1 BB  :/

Decided to do the 1 star task which is hit cruiser 50 times with battleship with any armanent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
196 posts
1,732 battles

HMS_Swiftsure_08

Agree totally mate. Playing "New Year Raid" atm. Have tried "if you can't beat them, join them" with HE and it ruins the game. So now its AP primary all/most of the time and get citadels and win the game. errrrr, --- sometimes. Particularly with my Japanese and US heavy cruisers. Surprise, some of my best results Have Been with the Graf Spee in the cruiser tasks. Lol :cap_fainting:.

Alex

B_T23 

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
118 posts
1,833 battles

Yeah, but a free credits printer and a smattering of tier 6 ships are always welcome, especially when you have a high tier ship, what with the high tier economy being extremely  unforgiving and all that.

Edited by Admiral_224

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,244 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_224 said:

Yeah, but a free credits printer and a smattering of tier 6 ships are always welcome, especially when you have a high tier ship, what with the high tier economy being extremely  unforgiving and all that.

But it would be nice if the task requirements are more like "hit enemy with main battery xxx times" "deal xxx damage" "earn xxx credits" and (hopefully, even though very unlikely) include other modes like coop or scenario. Forcing players to play a specific type of ship and target selected ships ruins the gameplay experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

These missions are just too grindy for my taste.

One of the last mission for Duke of York require landing 90k torp damage in a dd against bb in a match if im not wrong. Definitely skill based or more like rng based :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles
49 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

One of the last mission for Duke of York require landing 90k torp damage in a dd against bb in a match if im not wrong. Definitely skill based or more like rng based :|

Yes, and there is another task asking for 75k exp. Now I play without premium account. That is 70 battles for me give or take. S E V E N T Y.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
654 posts
3,526 battles

Right now People can Outright buy DoY and while we have to wait for consecutive numbers of days to open the second to fifth Duke of York Campaign!

This is like Cheap Job , Just like Okt Revolutsiya  ,  Graf Spee and some ship which its for " Outrights " , i feel like I've been cheated .

 

Then i got Roma on my Buy list and Alabama for my " WISH for Christmas " but I am deeply saddened now that i cant get Alabama for Christmas because of Roma. And now Duke of York add salt to my wound. It feels like ..

I am losing Christmas Spirit mood..

gg

 

EDIT :

For those who put boring emote, this sounds like someone has no heart at all.

Ah well, another non-spirited people with 0% meaning of heart .

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,068 posts
3,847 battles
6 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Right now People can Outright buy DoY and while we have to wait for consecutive numbers of days to open the second to fifth Duke of York Campaign!

This is like Cheap Job , Just like Okt Revolutsiya  ,  Graf Spee and some ship which its for " Outrights " , i feel like I've been cheated .

 

Then i got Roma on my Buy list and Alabama for my " WISH for Christmas " but I am deeply saddened now that i cant get Alabama for Christmas because of Roma. And now Duke of York add salt to my wound. It feels like ..

I am losing Christmas Spirit mood..

gg

 

EDIT :

For those who put boring emote, this sounds like someone has no heart at all.

Ah well, another non-spirited people with 0% meaning of heart .

It looks like Alabama is added to the tech tree long term,I can't see anything about it being taken away shortly.So you should have time to save up for that later and get Roma when it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
196 posts
1,732 battles
8 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

For those who put boring emote, this sounds like someone has no heart at all.

Ah well, another non-spirited people with 0% meaning of heart .

As the only one in this thread to add a emoticon. Was that aimed at me? Whatever generated that reaction?

Alex

B_T23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
654 posts
3,526 battles
6 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

It looks like Alabama is added to the tech tree long term,I can't see anything about it being taken away shortly.So you should have time to save up for that later and get Roma when it comes out.

 

I don't know how long in that " Long term " is gonna be stayed on by that time i got enough cash to buy Alabama , its too late for me and i have to really wait for it.

Wanted to get Huge Christmas Box but i can't. Gah..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,347 posts
8,872 battles
20 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

I don't know how long in that " Long term " is gonna be stayed on by that time i got enough cash to buy Alabama , its too late for me and i have to really wait for it.

Wanted to get Huge Christmas Box but i can't. Gah..

Yeah a Premium that is made purchasable via tech tree usually stays that way. 

So just get the Roma once it comes out, get Alabama later. Plus isn't the Massachusetts in testing now? So you may want to hold off on the Alabama since the Massachusetts could be a direct competitor for that Tier 8 Premium USN BB slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
654 posts
3,526 battles
9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah a Premium that is made purchasable via tech tree usually stays that way. 

So just get the Roma once it comes out, get Alabama later. Plus isn't the Massachusetts in testing now? So you may want to hold off on the Alabama since the Massachusetts could be a direct competitor for that Tier 8 Premium USN BB slot.

 

Yeah i heard USS Massachusetts ( South Dakota Class )

USS Massachusetts could be more expensive upon release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Looking at Stage 3... Very disappointing. Looks like I'm gonna have to repeat that 50k damage to enemy BB few times to get that stage done. As if class specified missions were not enough, now we have nations too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×