Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

2 new Campaigns, No new ship.

8 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

Am I missing something here?

We have two new Campaigns that went up today. They do look like fun, however, I noticed a small problem....

Now, admittedly, some of the other Campaigns and Tasks and Quests in the past have been made easier by having a Specific ship.

However, I cant even begin the New Year Raid campaign without having the Duke of York

Sure, It's a readily available British Ship, of Tier VII and I have to grind my up to it.....

But this is the first time I've seen a Campaign where you must have it to even begin!!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm going to do it, both campaigns look great and have nice rewards,

But why must you have one specific ship to begin a Campaign?

To top it off, the Campaign says I need to use the Duke of York to begin...

Which in the Wiki is listed as a Tier VII RN BB. 

Which isn't available yet and when it DOES become available, it will be a Premium ship!!

In other words, to do an entire Campaign, I need a premium ship. WTH?

Edited by FinbarAu

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

You weren't here last year?

This is not new. Last year they released Graf Spee and if you bought it, you could to those missions early. If not, you had to complete the Santa Convoy missions which gave you a FREE Graf Spee.

So it's either grind for a freebie, or spend some cash and get a lot more bonuses.

Check out last years Graf Spee and Santa Convoy for more info as to how it went down.

Edit: Oh yes, and the Duke of York will be on sale this afternoon when the Santa Gift Boxes also become available.

Same as last year.

Edited by Pocket_Fox

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,223 battles
4 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

Am I missing something here?

Check the final reward of the other campaign.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,223 battles
29 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

Well DoY and all the packages just appeared on the portal page...

...and now they're gone :o

They'll be back at 6pm tonight.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
26 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Ah, complete one quest chain to get the tools to complete the next quest chain.....How very MMO

That's why WG released DoY in premium shop to satisfy the players without patience. So you can do both campaign at the same time. I think at the end you will get credit equivalent of DoY if you buy it from premium shop instead of doubloons since its a premium and reward ship.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this