You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Doing well in horrible ships.

54 comments in this topic

47 posts
594 battles

Hey guys, have you experienced the irony of gooding very well in a horrible ship? I have. I tried my brother's Tier IV Phoenix, despite the bad rep, I had some pretty good games despite it not fully upgraded. Done 50-60k dmg in both games. I guess it was my good use of HE and AP and good timing of torps. The last game I played I was almost dead and I fired just before I was destroyed and after a full 5 seconds,after I was dead, I got just a flesh wound. :P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, AndersVolvker said:

Try doing well in a stock Pensacola with lousy gun rotation and receiving citadels if any ship so much as sneezes at you.

Unless you can get some good broadsides it’s best to accept that even lasting a match is a successful Pepsicola game.  

69 posts
5,241 battles

well I.m doin surprisingly well in my new York 57 WR yet my TEX is only 46 WR yet essentially the same ship..though I suspect new York gets top tier much more often..I conclude LUCK had a big influence

455 posts
8,038 battles
5 hours ago, AndersVolvker said:

Try doing well in a stock Pensacola with lousy gun rotation and receiving citadels if any ship so much as sneezes at you.

Stock Pensacola is a pain but once upgraded it is a really strong ship, though not comparable to the t7 premium cruisers. You just need to stay at a safe distance and use your great rudder shift to not get hit at all. The guns are simply amazing if you stay alive

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Stock Pensacola is a pain but once upgraded it is a really strong ship, though not comparable to the t7 premium cruisers. You just need to stay at a safe distance and use your great rudder shift to not get hit at all. The guns are simply amazing if you stay alive

You are dead right there.    Once you hit a BB with that AP they get real salty and make all kinds of haxcusations.   That's a good Pepsi game.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,228 battles

I have a 61% win rate in the Emerald, despite hating literally every second spent in that pathetic excuse of a cruiser.

Edited by Webba84

671 posts
1,508 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

DID SOMEONE JUST SAY PHOENIX IS BAD?????

Phoenix is the best damn tier 4 cruiser after Karlsruhe.

>.<

Kuma sends her regards

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
On 12/20/2017 at 7:09 PM, Adm_Kunkka said:

Phoenix doesn't really have a bad rep. In fact it's the favourite ship of people like @icy_phoenix :cap_haloween:

Be like meeeee

penix.JPG.70f6c5ffe13881eff11e7bb22282b265.JPG

1 hour ago, ShadoPulse said:

Kuma sends her regards

I love to kill Kuma.

1,333 posts
8,817 battles

I have been having fun in my Izumo recently.

Nothing spectacular, but nowhere near as bad as the horror stories I have been hearing about it.

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,497 battles

I was told the Emerald was horrible, when I was playing it (back in August-ish) I was smashing it... Regularly getting 60k+...

[BRU]
279 posts
2,064 battles

Did well on the Emerald. Though as soon as I got the Leander, I didn't play it anymore, and sold it much later on. :cap_like: