You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Now i know why i hate Izumo the bath tub

8 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

This ship , despite its generous HP pool and good guns attract too much attention.

I cant play any match decently when whenever i pop up the whole enemy team try to shoot me back.

I dont know why , but this thing attract too many pyromaniacs trying to burn it. Here i was being careful keeping combat to 17km to avoid attraction and the whole enemy team setting me ablaze. EVERY SINGLE DAMN SHIPS try to fire on me.

Looking at the minimap , sure a flank shooting me is nothing new , when i see the minimap , suprise suprise the BB on the other flank also try to shoot me even when i am trying to disengage and clearly above 23km+ away from them

The  IJN playstyle of static long range firepower just dont work anymore , atleast for me. It isnt fun being the meatshield even though there are a lot of allies that are much more dangerous. Being the meatshield every single game is too tiresome for me.

Is there anything to fix this , Izumo isnt exactly great at any fight other than long range platform that get drooled by a lot of DPM farmers

154 posts
4,084 battles
10 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

I dont know why , but this thing attract too many pyromaniacs trying to burn it. Here i was being careful keeping combat to 17km to avoid attraction and the whole enemy team setting me ablaze. EVERY SINGLE DAMN SHIPS try to fire on me.

Funny thing is that the Yamato draws just as much attention, most cruisers would rather drop their flaming shells on a Yamato than any other TX BB. At least with Izumo you can fire all of your guns at the enemy, with the Yamto you might be able to pull off a broadside with all 9 guns, but from my experience if your facing anything bigger than another Yamato it's going to hurt.

I don't think I''ve played a match recently where I didn't see at least one friendly Yamato go up like a funeral pyre.

Edited by darkflame88

381 posts
9,957 battles

Well she has 32mm armor all over the place (which means guaranteed damage for 203mm and IFHE 152mm HE shells),  possesses extremely bad concealment and isn't very beautiful as a ship. So yeah, people just love shooting at her :) There's nothing you can do about it though.

203 posts
11,788 battles

In high tier matches everybody just top up their concealment upgrades.

You can imagine what "being the only available target to shoot at" does to you.
The Izumo does exactly that for having probably the worst concealment rating up there even worse than Yamato.
No matter how hard you try Izumo just can't stay in open water while staying concealed.

Your best bet is to play with islands as much as possible and avoid open waters if you possibly could. That way you should be able to save some of your hp.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Talking about the Izumo, just had my first game in her. Completely stock ship ... and didn't do too badly surprisingly. I expected a lot worse, maybe I just got lucky :Smile_teethhappy:.

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.5e0c940a75892c7f0a52bac7a59f39db.jpg

edit.thumb.jpg.5d92f7e1106bf7fd82f9f870b7fb8c2b.jpg

Like Miku said, best bet would be to play with islands I think.

455 posts
8,038 battles
10 hours ago, MikuChrome said:

In high tier matches everybody just top up their concealment upgrades.

You can imagine what "being the only available target to shoot at" does to you.
The Izumo does exactly that for having probably the worst concealment rating up there even worse than Yamato.
No matter how hard you try Izumo just can't stay in open water while staying concealed.

Your best bet is to play with islands as much as possible and avoid open waters if you possibly could. That way you should be able to save some of your hp.

>gets ocean/okinawa map 

:Smile_sad: