You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

T8 Ranked - ship of choice?

T8 Ranked - ship of choice?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship type(s) would you bring into the upcoming T8 ranked battle season?

• Aircraft Carrier
    • Battleship
    • Cruiser
    • Destroyer
  2. 2. Which aircraft carrier(s) would you prefer to take into the upcoming T8 ranked battle season?

• Shokaku
    • Lexington
    • Enterprise
    • Graf Zeppelin (currently WIP)
  3. 3. Which battleship(s) would you prefer to take into the upcoming T8 ranked battle season?

• Tirpitz
    • North Carolina
    • Amagi
    • Bismarck
    • Alabama
    • Monarch
    • Kii
    • Richelieu (currently WIP)
    • Roma (currently WIP)
    • Massachusetts (currently WIP)
    • Gascogne (currently WIP)
  4. 4. Which cruiser(s) would you prefer to take into the upcoming T8 ranked battle season?

• Atago
    • Mogami
    • Mikhail Kutuzov
    • Takao
    • Admiral Hipper (please don't)
    • Prinz Eugen (please don't)
    • Chapayev
    • Edinburgh
    • New Orleans
    • Charles Martel
  5. 5. Which destroyer(s) would you prefer to take into the upcoming T8 ranked battle season?

• Benson
    • Kagero
    • Akizuki
    • Lo Yang
    • Harekaze
    • Ognevoi
    • Kiev
    • Z-23
    • Kidd
    • Hsien Yang

39 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,741 battles

Sooooooooo the big news was announced yesterday on the website - ranked will be Tier 8. 

Feel free to participate in the poll above. 

I haven't given it much thought yet, but there are some pretty powerful battleships at Tier 8 (Amagi, North Cal, Roma), so its going to be a rough time for cruisers. However, the Chapayev has a nice radar, so I guess its going to be quite popular. But really I don’t know.

Have fun. :fish_cute_2:

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,914 battles

CV i would pick Shokaku and Big E

CA/CL I would pick Chapayev

BB I would pick AL(if cv) and Bismarck(if no cv)

DD MUST VOR YANG!!!

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,540 battles
30 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

BTW why not Hipper?Good AP and hard to citadel and good hydro,a good ship against Chapayev

If you want to get deleted quickly sure. 

980 posts
12,741 battles
1 hour ago, User_1145141919810 said:

BTW why not Hipper?Good AP and hard to citadel and good hydro,a good ship against Chapayev

My issue with Hipper is its slow DPM. The Hipper just can't put out enough damage quickly enough, and really is only effective with AP loaded and facing broadside cruisers (which I don't think you will run into much of in ranked). In ranked where opportunities are scarce you really need to convert every salvo to as much damage as possible. 

Hipper is nice for randoms though. 

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,540 battles
27 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Sorry I can't get your point.....

Bring one and get deleted by a BB. Its concealment is worse than a NC. Its slow and turns badly. 

I dont think the Hipper is worthy to bring into ranked. Unless it got the HE buff. But then it's only going to be a support ship. Wont be a good ship to push in with. 

[MEGA]
4,670 posts
17,953 battles

NO would be quite good imho due to all it's recent buffs, half support half dpm and it can guar islands well

martel is going to be DPM+DOT, it can do both roles very well and reposition much easier then other t8 cruisers

edin isnt so great for rank anymore imho due to the smoke nerfs and the fact that it's not as good as a chappy or NO without smoke

MKs need to rethink bringing it into rank due to how DDs can now spot them from 8 km away in smoke, but is still a DMP monster that can somewhat double as a support

i dont think kii will be able to fufill a role as a BB much like the genis last season at T7 because the guns are iffy

the PADD T8 would be a intresting choice depending on how the meta is like, but i think that it'd be a very solid choise for rank due to how versitile it is

kagero/harekaze might be a intresting choice due to how good their concealment is, but it all depends on the ammount of radars and loyangs in the match

the other regulars from the last RB T8 are still the same 

atago, amagi, NC, loyang, benson, chappy bismark/depritz though  expect these 2 to not proform as well due to powercreep

Edited by drakon233

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,540 battles
7 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Time to take my Prinz out for a roll :cap_haloween:

"You have been reported"

See ya in game with my stock ognevoi... 

Lol

381 posts
9,976 battles

The last time it was tier 8 ranked I used Benson. There have been a lot of mechanic changes and new branches since then though so I'm not sure what to play - there are too many competitive choices. Probably Amagi as BB, Atago as CA and Akizuki (or rebuy Benson) for DD.

980 posts
12,741 battles

This is starting in a few hours!

But as with the previous seasons, my excitement will die down to zero after the first two or three games. 

Because the inevitable mob of uncarryable potatoes will descend upon us!

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,761 battles

The Lo Yang. Esp as I just spent $28 NZD and got one from the Santa crates, and 2000 dubloons.

About time I got something 1/2 decent form those, usually my luck sucks.

406 posts
9,292 battles
2 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

This is starting in a few hours!

But as with the previous seasons, my excitement will die down to zero after the first two or three games. 

Because the inevitable mob of uncarryable potatoes will descend upon us!

The trick is to grind really hard for 1-2 weeks & pull away from them as fast & efficient as possible, anyone who comes later will get stuck with them even longer. :cap_haloween: