You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MatterCore

Bad news

27 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,502 posts
25,685 battles

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP ,

She's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP.

We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many.

Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

Next Stage Musushi

576f08_5955092.jpg

Edited by MatterCore

405 posts
9,179 battles
5 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

There goes my dream. If that time Mighty Mo is gone and i wanted to buy it . i cry.

Pretty sure she will come back at some point, but you need to be mentally prepared because she might return with a more expensive 850k - 1m FXP price tag... feels like this rotation thingy is just to make people forget about the original price by using a new shiny Musashi as an excuse.

159 posts
5,698 battles

aghhhh, I'm like 400k off, If I new that I would have waited to buy Nelson, I guess these holidays I'm going to live on WoWs to get as close as I can :Smile_sad:

201 posts
1,732 battles

Well that's torn it. Was going to Free XP through German BB line To Gniesenau & Bismarck. Also thinking about Nelson. Well, New target. ----- Mighty Mo. Well I can see next 2 months -----> expensive. Duke of York, Roma and Free expr Mighty Mo. Back to Grinding. Lol

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[LBAS]
4,502 posts
25,685 battles
7 hours ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

Pretty sure she will come back at some point, but you need to be mentally prepared because she might return with a more expensive 850k - 1m FXP price tag... feels like this rotation thingy is just to make people forget about the original price by using a new shiny Musashi as an excuse.

if WG do that (Increase cost of research) << Vampire, worse than EA

405 posts
9,179 battles
25 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

if WG do that (Increase cost of research) << Vampire, worse than EA

WG have to do it when Musashi comes or else there is no other chance to adjust the corrected FXP price they wanted, it will be pretty awkward when Missouri is still 750K & Musashi 850K-1M & players will be even more unhappy on why IJN has to pay more than USN... WG needs to remove Missouri in order to let players "forget" it for a while then swap it back in with new pricing. *THIS IS JUST A SPECULATION, DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT*

End of the day, no matter what choices WG picked will incur the wrath of players because it comes at the expense of their wallets or time invested... players themselves need to think twice before spending more money on a "unstable" F2P game. :cap_fainting:

Edited by MyFranTheDevil

980 posts
12,617 battles
12 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

WG have to do it when Musashi comes or else there is no other chance to adjust the corrected FXP price they wanted, it will be pretty awkward when Missouri is still 750K & Musashi 850K-1M & players will be even more unhappy on why IJN has to pay more than USN... WG needs to remove Missouri in order to let players "forget" it for a while then swap it back in with new pricing. *THIS IS JUST A SPECULATION, DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT*

Well to be fair, Free XP has been much easier to accumulate recently.

When I was grinding my Free XP for the Missouri at around March/April this year, I only had premium time, premium ships, the occasional base XP and/ore Free XP bonus camo (can't remember name), and Papa Papa flags to use to grind it out. 

But a few months ago, those four special flags (especially  the +777% Free XP) flags came out, making Free XP much much easier to obtain. 

So I guess if WG decide to raise the Free XP, it doesn't necessary mean that the ships have become more difficult to obtain, maybe it is intended that it would take the same amount of time to grind. 

However, if you intend to convert Free XP with doubloons, I guess WG saw an opportunity to make some money here. 

405 posts
9,179 battles
53 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Well to be fair, Free XP has been much easier to accumulate recently.

When I was grinding my Free XP for the Missouri at around March/April this year, I only had premium time, premium ships, the occasional base XP and/ore Free XP bonus camo (can't remember name), and Papa Papa flags to use to grind it out. 

But a few months ago, those four special flags (especially  the +777% Free XP) flags came out, making Free XP much much easier to obtain. 

So I guess if WG decide to raise the Free XP, it doesn't necessary mean that the ships have become more difficult to obtain, maybe it is intended that it would take the same amount of time to grind. 

However, if you intend to convert Free XP with doubloons, I guess WG saw an opportunity to make some money here. 

TBH it all boils down to patience or open up your wallets, I can deal with it because I'm a seasoned F2P player but other players I'm not so sure.

Players are justified to be angry because imagined you start out this game with a sole purpose of getting Missouri as an end game goal to grind for, then WG randomly decides to just kill/shorten the timer before the finishing line.

Sure~ they "politely" gave 2 months notice to players BUT for a pure F2P player who has like more than halfway to go, this is most likely not possible for them anymore given how limited those free signals/hybrid xp camos from events are... this is really pressuring them to either painfully grind 24/7 or cough up real money.

And then we have players who are willing to pay cash but they are waiting for THE RIGHT TIME to buy discounted FXP conversion rate or stack elite signal flags x normal flags x rare camo x premium time x 100-200% events, this really screws their plan badly & they have to spend even more now because of the small window of time.

Edited by MyFranTheDevil

Beta Tester
609 posts
6,780 battles
6 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

TBH it all boils down to patience or open up your wallets, I can deal with it because I'm a seasoned F2P player but other players I'm not so sure.

Players are justified to be angry because imagined you start out this game with a sole purpose of getting Missouri as an end game goal to grind for, then WG randomly decides to just kill/shorten the timer before the finishing line.

Sure~ they "politely" gave 2 months notice to players BUT for a pure F2P player who has like more than halfway to go, this is most likely not possible for them anymore given how limited those free signals/hybrid xp camos from events are... this is really pressuring them to either painfully grind 24/7 or cough up real money.

And then we have players who are willing to pay cash but they are waiting for THE RIGHT TIME to buy discounted FXP conversion rate or stack elite signal flags x normal flags x rare camo x premium time x 100-200% events, this really screws their plan badly & they have to spend even more now because of the small window of time.

Did they ever say Missouri was going to be permanently available?  I would doubt it.  They've also given the notice three patches in advance, which seems like a decent thing to do.  There's every chance it will be available in some way in the future as well, WG rarely miss an opportunity like that.  I don't think people really have too much cause to be upset here.

405 posts
9,179 battles
1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

Did they ever say Missouri was going to be permanently available?  I would doubt it.  They've also given the notice three patches in advance, which seems like a decent thing to do.  There's every chance it will be available in some way in the future as well, WG rarely miss an opportunity like that.  I don't think people really have too much cause to be upset here.

Think you can refer to the popular/rising Reddit/NA forums threads for that, the way it's worded... let's just say it's not in WG's favor & has/had mislead tons of players so they are up in arms currently.

3 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Youre not wrong! 

I feel sad for fellow players, but this is F2P games in a nutshell... they really need to research on what kind of online games to invest in or regret it.

[LBAS]
4,502 posts
25,685 battles
10 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

Think you can refer to the popular/rising Reddit/NA forums threads for that, the way it's worded... let's just say it's not in WG's favor & has/had mislead tons of players so they are up in arms currently.

I feel sad for fellow players, but this is F2P games in a nutshell... they really need to research on what kind of online games to invest in or regret it.

this is not the first time WG eat their words, too many times I cant remember :cap_fainting:since pre-beta

405 posts
9,179 battles
Just now, MatterCore said:

this is not the first time WG eat their words, too many times I cant remember :cap_fainting:since pre-beta

Yup~ people are currently digging out the old buried/edited/deleted threads/screenshots to settle the score with WG again aha!

Beta Tester
609 posts
6,780 battles
51 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

I did, and I was completely wrong there, apologies.  The direct quote from when Missouri was introduced is 'Unlike premium ship sales, Missouri is here to stay, so players will have plenty of time to stock up on free xp!'

Here to stay sounds pretty permanent to me.

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
2 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I did, and I was completely wrong there, apologies.  The direct quote from when Missouri was introduced is 'Unlike premium ship sales, Missouri is here to stay, so players will have plenty of time to stock up on free xp!'

They can rip up for it to be available multiple short duration times and it is still here to stay

326 posts
10,550 battles

Another miss-quote from WG. 

Why I'm not surprise? Is this another Christmas's special episode of "WG screw up" again (The last Christmas they do the same thing).

Out of topic little bit: Btw I just wondering how the wanna sell the Izumo later on? Don't tell me they wanna sell 2 types of Musashi- similar to 2 version of Graf Spee with different gimmick (1 is normal version & the other is special High School Girl colaboration).

And if they do that; GGWP. Screw u......

Edited by ArchKongou
**Wrong ship**LOL

405 posts
9,179 battles
15 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Welp~ like what others said before, this is not the 1st time WG tried to bury/delete/edit/silent on their previous statements... it's negative news like this negates every other single good things they done in the past & making them looked really shady & unprofessional for a huge gaming company.

The only time they tried to resolved/explained the issues fast is because their bad business practices is being called out by heavy traffic popular gaming sites like Kotaku, Massively or etc tsk tsk. :cap_like:

Another miss-quote from WG. 

Why I'm not surprise? Is this another Christmas's special episode of "WG screw up" again (The last Christmas they do the same thing).

Out of topic little bit: Btw I just wondering how the wanna sell the Izumo later on? Don't tell me they wanna sell 2 types of Izumo - similar to 2 version of Graf Spee with different gimmick (1 is normal version & the other is special High School Girl colaboration).

And if they do that; GGWP. Screw u......

@ArchKongou You meant Musashi right? I'm guessing it's just a special event perma camo like what they did with the Bismarck event!

Edited by MyFranTheDevil

326 posts
10,550 battles
16 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

@ArchKongou You meant Musashi right? I'm guessing it's just a special event perma camo like what they did with the Bismarck event!

Thanks for the correction. LOL  :Smile_Default: